Mixing Formula for Mizani?

frannie

Hello beautiful people! I am in desperate need of this information. Can anyone tell me the specific mixing ratios for deep treatment with Mizani Kerafuse, Hydrafuse and Moisturefuse? When my old hairdresser first used it on my hair the results were unbelievable. My hair didn't even feel like black hair. But right now trial and error is not working. Thanks for the help.

L

LaNecia

I had the same problem attempting to utilize the Kerafuse and Hydafuse (as I understand that these two treatments are used together by stylists to provide BOTH a protein AND moisturizing treatment simultaneously).

However, I do not have an exact answer to your question. I'll do some searching on the net and see what I find.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
[ QUOTE ]
LaNecia said:
I had the same problem attempting to utilize the Kerafuse and Hydafuse (as I understand that these two treatments are used together by stylists to provide BOTH a protein AND moisturizing treatment simultaneously).

However, I do not have an exact answer to your question. I'll do some searching on the net and see what I find.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you found out anything yet? I tried emailed them.. there is a link on the L'Oreal website but my email bounces back to me.. Does anyone have a bottle of their stuff that has a phone number or email addy on it??

Thanks!

rayne

I have been wondering this same thing so I posted the question on another board. I don't know why I didn't ask here

Anywho, the lady that responded actually had the diagnostic wheel, but she didn't have it in front of her when she responded. So, you may have to try the ratios in reverse if it doesn't work. Being the procrastinator that I am, I haven't tried them myself to see if it works.

Another disclaimer, I'm not sure what unit of measurement (if any) these numbers represent. The lady just said "parts". So the numbers in parenthesis represent my interpretation. On the bottles of conditioner, it says to use 2 oz. So I figured 2 oz would be the total maximum amount of conditioner to use. With that being said the 1-1 ratio for medium hair, equals 1 oz of each conditioner.
<ul type="square"> [*]Hair texture ---- Hydrafuse---- Kerafuse
Medium ---------- 2 (1oz) ----- 2 (1oz)
Coarse ---------- 1 (.5oz) ----- 3 (1.5oz)
Fine -------------- 3 (.5oz) ----- 1 (.5oz)
Fine-Medium ---- 3 (1.2oz) ---- 2 (.8oz)
Medium-Coarse -- 2 (.8oz) ---- 3 (1.2oz)

[/list] I'm probably off on my numbers, especially for the Fine-Med and the Med-Coarse ratios. But, hey I tried!

Ok, this chart didn't come out the way I planned. Hopefully you'll understand it.

Chaya

What do you do once you mix the product? How do you apply and how long do you keep it in? Heat or no heat? TIA

rayne

The directions on the bottles say to part the hair in thin sections and to apply the mixture using a brush. Put on a plastic cap and sit under a warm dryer for 10 minutes.

frannie

Thanks Rayne,
I hate to tell you this but I can't understand your directions. Is the number outside of the brackets to be multiplied by what is inside? What the lady was telling you sounds straightforward to me. In other words: the units of measurement are not important if for ex. a 1:3 ratio is specified, for kerafuse to hydofuse, (strictly hypothetically speaking!)which is the same as saying 1 part hydrafuse to 1 part kerafuse, then you may use 1oz kerafuse with 3oz hydrofuse or 1 tbsp kerafuse with 3tbsp hydrofuse or whatever measurement you choose as long as you keep the ratios.

When my hairdresser did it she mixed it right there and she used all three products. She put me under a warm dryer for 40 minutes. My hair came out like silk. No exaggeration. It was about 12 inches at the time(I have since chopped it off). I was so impressed with the result that I will swear by this product. You WILL have Hale Berry hair.
But the balance is very specific, because I noted that the next time I went her apprentice did the mixture and put me under for about 25 mins and the results were just not the same. I hope this helps and can you get back to me on those ratios? I'll send you a copy of this too.

L

LaNecia

Oooh, I'm sorry for not getting back sooner! I haven't learned anything new on this. Sorry! I'm glad to see someone else was able to help you out.

rayne

[ QUOTE ]
frannie said:
Thanks Rayne,
I hate to tell you this but I can't understand your directions. Is the number outside of the brackets to be multiplied by what is inside? What the lady was telling you sounds straightforward to me. In other words: the units of measurement are not important if for ex. a 1:3 ratio is specified, for kerafuse to hydofuse, (strictly hypothetically speaking!)which is the same as saying 1 part hydrafuse to 1 part kerafuse, then you may use 1oz kerafuse with 3oz hydrofuse or 1 tbsp kerafuse with 3tbsp hydrofuse or whatever measurement you choose as long as you keep the ratios.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for being extremly late in responding, but I didn't know you replied back. You are absolutely right, it's only the ratios that matter. When I first typed this up I hadn't tried it so I was basing my "calculations" on the fact that on both the Hydrafuse and Kerafuse it says to use 2oz. And since 4oz is IMO waaaaaay too much conditioner to be using for one wash, I tried to come up with exact amounts using only 2oz of conditioner. But in retrospec, all of that calculating was in vain
Since that post, I've tried the ratios using a teaspoon as my unit of measurement (yep, a teaspoon was enough and my hair is about 2-3 inches from bra strap)and I must say that it did wonders for my hair!! The difference was so noticeable that I even ordered another bottle of Hydrofuse when I originally hated it and swore up and down that I would never buy it again. However, I still do not know what the ratio is if you want to include the Moisturefuse. I'll see if I can find out.

So your hairdresser left it in for 40 minutes huh
I think I'll give it a try and see if I can get even better results. Do you remember what products your stylist used afterwards and how she used them? I pretty much have the whole Mizani line, but I think I'm doing something wrong because my hair doesn't look as good as I think it should when I use them.TIA.

Edited to add: I used the ratios as they are listed above. Since I had such good results, I believe they are correct as is.

LEOLADYSW

Thanks for this information. I just bought some hydrafuse and I wanted to mix it with my kerafuse! You are right on time!