mizani vs silk elements for self relaxers

which is better for self relaxing: mizani or silk elements?

• mizani no-lye

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • silk elements no-lye

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

bellezanegra826

I'm going to give myself a relaxer soon and I want to know which of the above choices do you think is best for self relaxers? I want my hair to be really straight but I also don't want a perm that will be so strong that my hair falls out. I have had a mizani before with great results but that was done by a professional. I have self-relaxed twice now but only with a just for me and I wasn't that satisfied. Thanks in advance

I've not tried Silk Elements (I know, I hate when people reply only having tried one product, but now I'm one of those posters :grin:). Anyhoo, I used Mizani this past weekend and I love it so far. My hair came out really smooth and silky.

I've not tried Silk Elements (I know, I hate when people reply only having tried one product, but now I'm one of those posters :grin:). Anyhoo, I used Mizani this past weekend and I love it so far. My hair came out really smooth and silky.

thanks a bunch...i'll put you down as a mizani then

I just put a silk elements relaxer on today and so far I am very pleased with the results. I know it's a tad early to tell, but so far so good!

I've only used Mizani, and once I moved up from mild to regular, everything has been smooth sailing :) It gets me straight, and I have lots of body and movement, no [excessive] shedding or breakage.

ETA: Oh, I just saw that your poll was asking a/b no-lye; I only use lye relaxers, but there are plenty of folks here (Sistaslick is one I can think of) who use the mizani no-lye...not sure if she's use SE, though.

I just used SE Regular no-lye a few days ago and so far I'm loving it! My hair is so soft, silky, shiny and super straight. Where I put the relaxer (previous ng) feels incredible. When I do my co washes, it feels all smooth and slick, like I still have leftover conditioner in my hair.... But I don't! It doesn't smell like your average relaxer either, the scent was quite pleasant. It did start to burn pretty quick, so I had to hurry up with the application. Even with a rush job, it still was better than ANY other relaxer I've used. :love4:

Back