Mizani Butter Blend users, help please!!!

againstallodds

Hi Ladies,

I'm graduating monday and couldn't find time this week to get a touch-up (I'm 11 weeks post) and so I've decided to just do it myself (I've given my mother and cousin touch-ups before, but this'll be my first time self relaxing).

I plan on using the Mizani Butter Blend System but I've been doing my research and found that a lot of ladies recommend the use of a protein treatment after rinsing out the relaxer and before neutralizing.

I've scoured all the threads related to Mizani BB but couldn't find anything!:wallbash:

SOOOOOOO, here's my question(s): For the BB users (or anyone that can help), do you find it necessary to do a protein treatment before you neutralize? Annnnnnnd, when do you do it? After you rinse out the relaxer, then protein, then the PerpHecting Creme, and THEN neutralize??

I just don't want to mess up!!!! :nono::nono:

TIA!!!!!:thankyou:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I use the PerPHecting Creme that comes with the system. It's a conditioner and it is designed to be used after rinsing the relaxer but before neutralizing.

HTH

Kacie

Regardless of which brand relaxer I use I always perform the mid-step protein treatment. Right now I'm using Mizani No-Lye Butter Blends and I use Affirm 5-n-1 reconstructor for the protein treatment. Aphogee 2 min keratin is also good to use.

This is done after rinsing the relaxer out (before using the neutralizing poo).

kami11213

I use MBB and always do a mild protein treatment w/ Aphogee 2 min after rinsing relaxer out, then I neutralize... I don't use the perphecting creme...

simplyconfident

I use Butter Blend Relaxer in regular but none of the other products that come with the system. However, after i rinse out the relaxer i use Aphogee 2 min protein conditioner...followed by my neutralizing wash.

Congrats on graduation!:woot:

baddison

natural for good
I use the entire Butter Blends sstem along with all the components. After thoroughly rinsing out the relaxer, i proceed to the next step which is the perphecting cream. i also relax in complete separate sections to avoid over/under processing. Got pics of step-by-step process in my fotki. Congrats oon your graduation!