Mixing conditioners

NubianAngel

How many of you do this? What are your favorite conditioner mixes? Does adding oil, such as olive oil, to your favorite conditioner really help your hair? If you mix a protein conditioner with a moisturizing conditioner, will your hair be stronger without hardness and dryness?

Edie

I always mix conditioners. I also mix shampoos. They all have one thing in common - moisture. I mix the conditioners 2 or 3 at a time with olive oil and honey. And yes the olive oil and honey does indeed help with moisture and shine. As far as protein conditioners, both the strong and mild versions, I will mix them with a moisturizing conditioner, plus a little olive oil and honey. I do a mild protein conditioner every week. The stronger version I do once a month. My favorite moisturizing conditioner mix is Bumble and Bume Leave in/Rinse out conditioner, Nexxus Humectuss conditioner and Grapham Webb Halo Hydrating conditioner with honey and olive oil. Yum!Yum!

ChocoKitty

I mix LeKair w/ coconut & lime and honey as my pretreatment. Excellent slip and moisture always!!!

NubianAngel

Thanks ladies! I got some good slip by mixing my conditioners with some olive oil, and I didn't get the massive shedding that resulted from my pre-shampoo treatments with oil. Maybe i'm on to something. Plus, I only had a little bit of Redken all soft heavy cream left so I had to stretch it
I'm trying with this darn haircare, man

MissB

Edie,

Thanks for posting your regimen. I conditioned today with Graham Webb Halo, Bumble and Bumble Leave-in and Keracare Essential Oils for the Hair. This was an excellent combination. And I got to use my existing products. Thanks again, MissB

Tracy

I've been reading Ouidad's book and she suggests something that I'm eager to try. She's big on what she calls deep treatments (which are basically creamy protein conditioners). She recommends applying the treatment, allowing it to penetrate with heat for 20-30 minutes, applying a moisturizing conditioner OVER that, and allowing it all to cool for 10 minutes and THEN rinsing and detangling.

I'm going to be trying it soon.

moneychaser

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I've been reading Ouidad's book and she suggests something that I'm eager to try. She's big on what she calls deep treatments (which are basically creamy protein conditioners). She recommends applying the treatment, allowing it to penetrate with heat for 20-30 minutes, applying a moisturizing conditioner OVER that, and allowing it all to cool for 10 minutes and THEN rinsing and detangling.

[/ QUOTE ]
Welcome back Tracy

That is exactly what I do, for the simple fact that I hate hopping in and out of the shower.

amy1234

I recently started to mix my protein condition (CPR) with two other moisurizing conditioners (tropical,and NTM) So far I have found the results to be more superior to when I used to apply the conditioners seperately -not to mention cutting deep conditioning time in half.
I wonder why this seems to be a better method??

oglorious1

Mixologist
Here's my special mix, Motions CPR, Neutrogena Triple Moisture, Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, Mango Butter, Avocado Butter, Amla, and Brahmi Oil.

Edie

I have been mixing my moisturizing conditioners with my protein conditioners (even the reconstructors) for a long time now. I never get any damage from too much protein that way. This definitely works!

hi Tracy have you ever heard of diez en uno and mos-ka oil One of my friends is for DR and she uses these two products and her hair is beautiful, it is not very long but it looks shiny and healthy with a lot of swing and bounce.
I just want to know if any one with long hair have used either of these , she baught them for me I've used the diez en uno which made my hair relly soft and i am ready to try the mos-ka ... but ithas mineral oil in it .Any advice?

Aerie17

My favorite combination right now is Aubrey's GPB and Cathy Howse's Deep Conditoner, under a plastic cap and under the dryer for 15-20 minutes. This combo is great for strenghthening the hair and adding elasticity and making it as soft as kitten's fur. Love it.

ButterPeacan

Hi I'm new to the forum and I also started to mix my conditioners. I mix Aubrey GPB with coconut milk and EVOO and wow great slip.

debyjay

I mix Le Kair (with aloe) with Nutrine garlic conditioner and Elasta QP breakage control serum -- slip, slip, slip and a reduction in breaking and shedding.

Cowgirl

For a deep conditioner last week I mixed:
1/4 cup - Motions CPR
2 TSP - Salerm 21
2 TSP - Aphogee 2 minute recontructor
2 TSP - EVOO

Sat under the hood dryer for 20 minutes and then rinsed. Applied more Salerm 21 and hood/air dried. I was very happy with the results. I'm about to wash again today and I bought some coconut milk to try. I haven't figured out what I'm going to mix with the coconut milk yet, so if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Mija

Exotical OG
i like neutrogena mask with Pantene r & n and then kerafuse on top of that (plus olive or peanut oil).

SoAnxious12

I put some surge and olive oil in my hair mayonaise conditioner and it made my hair softer but it had more Sheen than Shine. I also had less breakage. I mix almost all my products with surge and olive oil. I only mix them when I'm bored or one product is running out.

Tracy

Diez en Uno and Humectress
Ion Effective Care and Keraphix
Salerm Mask and Nacidit Olive Oil

daviine

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant to bump this question up--your post reminded me---

Tracy--did you ever get to try this method of conditioning? If so, what did you think?

Neroli

I always mix a few tablespoons of natural oils, honey and coconut milk with cheap conditioners for condition washes.

For a special deep conditioner whenever I want a protein AND moisture boost, I mix half and half nexxus keraphix and humectress, leave on at least 1 hour with or without heat and the results are astounding.

Tracy, that ouidad method sounds interesting, I will have to try with keraphix and humectress next time as an alternative to my all in one protein/moisture cocktail mix. Thanks for sharing!