Miss Jessie's Buttercream or Qhemet's Amla & Olive Heavy Cream?

Miss Ann

I've been using Miss Jessie's for about a year & I just heard of Qhemet's Amla & Olive Heavy Cream. My hair is 4Z (really coarse & dry) and I need something that's going to keep it VERY moisturized.

I'm trying to decide which product would be best. For those ladies who have tried both of these products, are these two products similar? Will they both give me the same results? I really need as much moisture as I can get.

I am trying to take advantage of Miss Jessie's BOGO free sale or Qhemet's 10% off sale...whichever product is better.

Thanks in advance.

I have both and have used both extensively. Or, I should say, HAD both - I threw away my Miss Jessie's cream about a week and a half ago, and I will not at all be re-purchasing. The superiority of QB's Amla and Olive Heavy Cream can't be touched. Miss Jessie's is good, but all that beeswax... :nono:. That's the same reason I don't like Carol's Daughter. :nono:

I've been using Miss Jessie's for about a year & I just heard of Qhemet's Amla & Olive Heavy Cream. My hair is 4Z (really coarse & dry) and I need something that's going to keep it VERY moisturized.

I'm trying to decide which product would be best. For those ladies who have tried both of these products, are these two products similar? Will they both give me the same results? I really need as much moisture as I can get.

I am trying to take advantage of Miss Jessie's BOGO free sale or Qhemet's 10% off sale...whichever product is better.

Thanks in advance.
I have not used either but I love Qhemet's Burdock Root Cream.
What's the code on Qhemets sale?

Qhemet hands down. Not only does it keep your hair moisturized for days but the ingredients are far superior to Miss Jessie's.

ETA: Thanks for the heads up on the sale.

Last edited:
I have used both and didn't really care about either. But I am texlaxed 3Bish/C. If I had to pick one, I would go with......Miss Jessie. But honestly, I was overy pleased with either of these products. (But there were other Qhemet products that was okay for me.)

I have tried both and I Prefer Qhem, her products are awesome for my 4b hair, Miss Jessies has wax, petroleum etc. and cost too much for me. But others have had great success, maybe you need to order a sample from both and see which one you like, I used Qhem when she first came out and that Heavy Cream really softened my hair and kept it soft for days!! Miss jessies made my hair kind of dry BUT her baby buttercream works great on my Daughters hair and she has 4b Hair, I mean we have like 3 different textures but the majority is 4b so I go with 4b, and Qhems products didn't work for her hair.

So it all depends on your hair!! Let us know what you try!

Qhemet all the way! I have used both extensively and I recently gave away the last of my Miss Jessie's buttercream and baby buttercream. Qhemet not only does a better job with moisture for me, it is cheaper and does have superior ingredients as others have said. Qhemet avoids all that cheap-tail mineral oil in Miss Jessies and they focus on treatment rather than just styling with targeted herbal extracts.

Back