Milestone: My date thought my hair was a weave!

Divake22

And I took it as a compliment!:drunk: Last night, I decided to wash with Keracare Hydrating shampoo/along with a 20-30 deep conditioning with ORS Hair mayo. On the night of our date, instead of doing a bun like I planned to do (due to the amount of time it takes for my hair routine), with one hour to spare--decided to rollerset.:blush: I used the NTM daily conditioner/hair mask (for 5 min) and did the fastest rollerset with 50 min under the dryer. Also, did a quickie 5-min saran wrap--and presto... mission accomplished. He was gushing at how thick, healthy and moisturized it looked.:grin:

Sorry, no pics to share...but wanted to say thanks to LHCF and supergirl for the nice tip on Keracare Hydrating shampoo--that I absolutely am in love with now.

Feel free to post your milestone/related stories...

tapioca_pudding

That's awesome! :D :yay: I take that as a compliment too... shoooo a good weave aint cheap. :look: :lol:

Well a mini milestone for me - my friend is 6'6 and we were standing outside my apartment hugging.. I was wearing my hair out; he hasn't seen it flat ironed in a while. It was windy out so my hair was blowing every where... he kept saying 'Your hair is blowing in my face.. that is so pretty..' :kiss: I was cheesin like a dork. I guess to me that meant my hair was actually long enough to REACH his face! :lol:

Oh and when I wear my hair flat ironed, I can feel it on my neck. :D

Sorry for talking so much.. :rolleyes:

BobbieDoll

Congrats! Isn't it a great feeling? I have a friend that I see every once in a while and every time I see him he ask me why I'm wearing a weave. I always start blushing.

PinkSkates

Congratulations!!! I luv it when folks think my hair is a weave; that means it looks too good to be real! Keep up the good work on your hair!

lana

My fiance told me that after he saw me last (been out of town) he could really see the difference in my hair since I texlaxed (he still calls it a relaxer:yawn:). He said something like my hair did a 360 since he's known me. Oh, he also said the cutest part of my personality is my love of healthy hair care.

He will call and say "it's only been 20 minutes, so you're probably still deep conditioning"

or

"to bad my sister won't ask you for advice, I guess because she's licensed she thinks she knows everything, but your hair is hanging and hers is fried." :rolleyes:

Leslie_C

Nice!! I consider it the ultimate compliment! My fiance's mom asked me if I wear hair pieces over Thanksgiving weekend...gotta love it! She tried to play it off when I said no by saying that she and some ladies she works with wear them (they are white women).

sareca

Awww, congrats! :flowers: I remember my first is-that-your-hair type comment. :yep: The next milestone was a physical weave check. :nono:

Dymondz7

Wow, I received two. The first one was when I wore a twist out with my natural hair. I asked my friend about the new girl he was dating and he said "she wears her hair like yours, but her's a weave" :drunk:.

90% of the time I wear my natural hair in a bun because I don't think it's long enough to wear out just yet, but the last time I had it flat ironed my co-worker ran her fingers down it and asked if it was all mine. :yep: I'm sooo flattered when those things happen. Can hardly wait til my natural hair is long enough to wear out on a regular basis :grin:

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
my milestone is not so amazing but it's been exactly 2 weeks since I braided my hair and I have a lot of new growth already. I plan to keep it for 2 months. I can't wait to remove them and see my progress!!!

BotanyGrl

My fiance told me that after he saw me last (been out of town) he could really see the difference in my hair since I texlaxed (he still calls it a relaxer:yawn:). He said something like my hair did a 360 since he's known me. Oh, he also said the cutest part of my personality is my love of healthy hair care.

He will call and say "it's only been 20 minutes, so you're probably still deep conditioning"

or

"to bad my sister won't ask you for advice, I guess because she's licensed she thinks she knows everything, but your hair is hanging and hers is fried." :rolleyes:
You're fiance is a keeper!

DivaRox

Aww congrats Ladies! My biggest :grin: moment came when all the ladies in the house over the holiday were gathered around asking me for hair advice and my sis in law was standing there looking like:perplexed:attention: She's a licensed stylist-I'm just a hairboard geek-I hid my giggle of course:evillaugh::giggle: