Regimen -- too much protein?

dillard

ok, I think I've found a regimen after about 6 months. what do you ladies think? any obvious no-nos??

ok....I wash every wed and sat.

On wed, i dc my dry hair with Cathy Howse's UBH for 30 min. Then I shampoo and condition with Keracare Hydrating Detangling shampoo and Humecto. I add lacio lacio and castor oil to damp hair and rollerset. airdry overnight.

On Sat, i dc my dry hair with Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor. go under dryer for 15 min. Then I shampoo with KCHD and condition with AO Honeysuckle Rose while i shower 10-15 min. moisturize, seal and rollerset. airdry overnight.

sareca

Protein twice a week? If your hair isn't hard or breaking it's fine, but you might consider using one or the other each week. You could always alternate, one week reconstructor and the next week UBH.

lollyoo

looks good,make sure UBH is not protein conditioner (cant remember whether its protein or moisture). I deep condition dry hair as well, deep conditioning dry hair works for me.
Alternate btw AO honesuckle rose (moisture) and ORS Replenishing conditioner (light protein) weekly. I only found my staples and right regimen 2 wks ago.

Last edited:
What is lacio lacio I've heard a lot of people talking about it. Does anyone have a picture of it, how does it work for the hair :)

gymfreak336

Protein twice a week? If your hair isn't hard or breaking it's fine, but you might consider using one or the other each week. You could always alternate, one week reconstructor and the next week UBH.

I agree. You could also trade in one of your protein sessions for a oil pre-poo.

dillard

So you always dc on dry hair and use an instant conditioner after your shampoo?
yeah. pretty much...

hmm. i might switch it up. i just really like both products a lot! and can't imagine a week without one :look:

I agree. You could also trade in one of your protein sessions for a oil pre-poo.
that's a good idea! thanx gym.

What is lacio lacio I've heard a lot of people talking about it. Does anyone have a picture of it, how does it work for the hair :)
i got mine from sickbay, makes my hair tangle-free and smells good too http://store.sickbay.biz/stlala7oz.html

ChocalateDiva

Looks good to me. My hair loves protien. I just UBH (yes it is a protein) 1X weekly and I also use the Joico KPAk 1X weekly. My hair is thriving.

If you hair starts to get brittle even after the moisturizing condition then, cut back on the protien.

HTH