Micro ring extensions update.

mikimix

Hi,
Thought I'd just update you guys on my micro ring extensions.

I got micro ring extensions in about late April. I took them out myself 2 days ago and relaxed today.
Thread of when I got it done:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=618081

As it grew out my new growth didn't matt as I separated it every once in awhile (although there were close calls!)
BUT when I took it out, the point where the ring was clamped onto my hair (no glue was used) was matted and knotted. I tried to comb it out before I washed and afterwards, and then when I went to get a relaxer there was still some more. :/

Either way, eventually I got all of the knots out and the relaxer came out wonderfully.
I talked to my hair dresser and she says she can do a weave for me that will cost me much less than the micro rings and also my hair will be protected so I think I'm going to go for it. I'm putting a lot of trust in her as the last weave I got (it was just done by my friend's sister when I was 16) was a complete and utter nightmare! /crosses fingers

But for now, my mother is going to reinstall the micro rings and I will have it for a few weeks until I get a weave. (I've grown very attached to having long hair D: )

Oh and I did notice a bit of growth with my own hair. I went from shoulder length to collar bone length. It might not seem like much but it's something! I'm hoping for even more length when I do a weave.

This thread is just for anyone who wants to know about different types of extensions etc.

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm glad its worked out okay and you got all the matts out! Did the rings just slip off or is there something you use to get them off? I thunk SL to CBL is good retention!

mikimix

When you put on the rings, you clamp them with pliers so to take them out, you just use the pliers to clamp them in the other direction
if that makes any sense lol