MEGATEK - UK LADIES: I found a UK seller

LondonDiva

I emailed the US website and asked them for a UK stockist contact. I emailed her yesterday and she just this minute got back to me. If you wanna get in touch with her this is her email address
[email protected]
Hi Marion

I got your email address from the staff of the EQqyss website.

I am interested in purchasing some Mega-tek rebuilder conditioner. Would you
be able to tell me how I can go about ordering, I'm a member of an online
hair forum and may know of other UK + european ladies interested in
purchasing.
Thanks

Naomi

Hello Naomi

Thank you so much for your email.

We sell the Mega-Tek online at www.tailgator.co.uk The site is mainly an
Equestrian one, but all of the EQyss products can be used for human hair.

I discovered the Mega-Tek when I wanted it for my own hair (hairdresser took
off slightly more than I had asked for [about 4 inches more - major
disaster!!] and I wanted to get it to grow quicker) Since using it on my own
hair I do not use any other conditioner - it really does make a huge
difference!! And smells just wonderful. At the time I thought it would be a
lot of hype but my friend in the states said that she has about 1" a week
growth on her horses mane with it, so I thought it would be no harm trying.

Since using it on myself and my horses I can say hand on heart it does live
up to its promise at getting the hair stronger and longer. I have become a
reseller for the EQyss range and since selling the Mega-Tek to people I have
received a lot of great feedback from users. The trouble with horses is that
their manes can be rubbed by the rugs that they wear. When using the
Mega-Tek the hair is growing back, still while wearing the same rug that
rubs (that just goes to show how much stronger the hair now is)

If you have any questions on the EQyss range then just drop me a line. I
will be more than happy to answer any that you have. I use the Mega-Tek, the
Survivor and the Avocado Mist on my hair - My GHD straightners are now
gathering dust, as I have not used them. My hair is now back to being long
and in the best condition ever. All the women in my family now use the EQyss
range on their hair.

Take Care

Debbie Burns

Naomi

Nanyanika

LD Thanks for looking out for us UKers, WHAT does the mega thingy do for the hair, is it similar to MTG?

LondonDiva

It's called Megatek rebuilder and is a protein based conditioner. I've heard about this stuff for years but never got round to getting any because of not finding any UK stockists. Faith started a thread on it some weeks back. I'm almost certain its used like how some use the Mane N Tail conditioner. Put a little in the hair as a leave in making is stronger and stopping the breakage.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=84743&highlight=megatek

Nanyanika

LondonDiva said:
It's called Megatek rebuilder and is a protein based conditioner. I've heard about this stuff for years but never got round to getting any because of not finding any UK stockists. Faith started a thread on it some weeks back. I'm almost certain its used like how some use the Mane N Tail conditioner. Put a little in the hair as a leave in making is stronger and stopping the breakage.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=84743&highlight=megatek
LD thanks for the link to the thread, i haven't been on the forum for a while so i'm still running update on things, the megatek sounds a lot like MTG, i wonder how it compares.

LondonDiva

This isn't like MTG. MTG is sulphur based for the scalp, this is a conditioner protein based used for the hair. The only thing they seem to have in common is being a human/horse product.

Nanyanika

LondonDiva said:
This isn't like MTG. MTG is sulphur based for the scalp, this is a conditioner protein based used for the hair. The only thing they seem to have in common is being a human/horse product.
That's what i meant the two can be used on humans/horses. I'm still skeptical though since its protein based I don't want to end up with rock hard straw like hair, I think i'll stick with my sulfur oil, it also strengthen my hair too.

LondonDiva

I don't think you will, you have to use it sparingly. I use just a teeny tiny blob of Mane N Tail which is another horsey/human product and it works fantastic, I can't find it at the moment but can't be bothered to trapse all the way up to peckham to get a new bottle cause they are all out in all the shops int Thornton Heath. I think with too much of any leave in your hair will not benefit from it. I'm gonna order some now and give an update next week. They better be quick with the shipping cause I want this megatek now :lachen:

Nanyanika

LondonDiva said:
I don't think you will, you have to use it sparingly. I use just a teeny tiny blob of Mane N Tail which is another horsey/human product and it works fantastic, I can't find it at the moment but can't be bothered to trapse all the way up to peckham to get a new bottle cause they are all out in all the shops int Thornton Heath. I think with too much of any leave in your hair will not benefit from it. I'm gonna order some now and give an update next week. They better be quick with the shipping cause I want this megatek now :lachen:
LD let us know how you get on with Megatek when you receive it, i wish you lots of growth. I'm patiently waiting for your testimony soon.

LondonDiva

I'm glad someone is patient. I just ordered it, and why am I acting the fool like I'm expecting it to drop through my door like right now. :lachen:

Nanyanika

LondonDiva said:
I'm glad someone is patient. I just ordered it, and why am I acting the fool like I'm expecting it to drop through my door like right now. :lachen:
LD Your crazy girl... i like your sense of humour though, i'm the serious boring type. how long did they say delivery takes?

LaNecia

Another Mega-Tek user! :yay:!!

LD, I'm SURE you'll love it! Everyone I've introduced it to has become a repeat customer! I just wish I had of listened to the adds YEARS ago.

And you're right, it's nothing like the MTG at all!

Still happily making my way through my gallon size!;)

LondonDiva

I'm not too sure, i didn't actually check to be honest, lemme go have a look, doesn't say anything on there about delivery time. They are UK based so I'm assuming Wed/Thur with the bank holiday and all. It was £22.00 for 16oz that's half a litre, so I can pretty much make this bottle last me close to the year from the 12oz of Mane N Tail I bought, I only use a few pea size amounts and got good results from MNT and this Megatek is supposed to be brilliant so we'll see.

Oh Lord now I'm looking at denman brushes and more Nioxin Vitamins, When will the madness stop!

LondonDiva

VWVixxen said:
Another Mega-Tek user! :yay:!!

LD, I'm SURE you'll love it! Everyone I've introduced it to has become a repeat customer! I just wish I had of listened to the adds YEARS ago.

And you're right, it's nothing like the MTG at all!

Still happily making my way through my gallon size!;)

Gallon??? Right next time when I'm in the US I'm gonna bring me back one and carry it as hand luggage on the plane, cause if my suitcase gets teef then at least I still have my conditioner :lachen:

LaNecia

LondonDiva said:
Gallon??? Right next time when I'm in the US I'm gonna bring me back one and carry it as hand luggage on the plane, cause if my suitcase gets teef then at least I still have my conditioner :lachen:

Ok!!! I'd have to stop the plane! The gallon size you can get directly from Eqyss, it's $142 but there's no shipping costs (in the states, I'm not sure about internatoinally) and it's a LONG time! Buying it by the gallon, if you're a regular user, you save the cost of two regularly priced bottles. Well, that's how I justified it anyway! :lol:

MrsBKJ

Hey
I ordered from tailgator a few months back and their service is great...very fast and pacakeged well
i ordered the avocado leave in and another small black little bottle thing, i liked them both but wont be buying again just cuz i have too many products.
I will eventually be buying the megatek ive read loads about it but im waiting to finish my 1.5 gallon humectress that i bought before i can buy anything else at all
im getting my pj under control and realising how much money i actually spend on hair stuff

Uzz

LondonDiva

Oh no she didn't...you mean to tell me you already knew bout that site and never mentioned it to us...:mad:

**drops and rolls on the floor**

I'm just playin witchu girl!!! :lachen:

MrsBKJ

sorry lol
i didnt know anybody was looking for a UK supplier and also since i had decided the products werent going to be bought again i just sort of forgot about them i bought thru ebay u can read their reviews i got mine delivered the next working day so you may get yours tuesday.
sorry chick
lmao

LondonDiva

Nah it's ok I was just messin with ya.

Most times I'm slow on the uptake, I don't know why I didn't contact the US website years ago when I first heard about this stuff asking them for a UK contact. Well it maybe 2006 but LD finally got there in the end. :lachen:

naturaline

LondonDiva said:
http://www.tailgator.co.uk/eqyss.html

On this page there is a pic of a partially bald horse, hold your mouse over the pic to see the hair growth after 3 days from using Megatek!!

Lawd hammmmercy I may just rub a liccle in my scalp and see what happens.
wow!!! ohhhh no now i want some 2! gosh man i was tryin to stick to jus organic co' n poo's but.... lolol
so... how much was shipping?

dimpalz

Do you see how you lot stay. There I am strollin round London screwface cos everyones hair looks better than mine and then I find this place and now I know why. There needs to be some billboard or summin lettin people know, I need to grow this relaxer out quick it's driving me crazy lol

MrsBKJ

dont make me buy this pls...i have a HUGE toy box of stuff i need to get rid off before i can buy anything else...i want a few inches maintained by august for a wedding
does anybody have any real progress pics...over several months? I saw vixxens pics and thats great progress but does anybody have any longer term use pics?

thanks

LondonDiva

OK I have my Megatek it came on Wednesday but I didn't pick it up from the Post office till today, because they delivered when I was out.

BTW there was P&P of £2.50 she emailed me the day after payment another paypal invoice because the system had missed off the P&P charge. So it's £24.50 in total. The bottle if 4 oz bigger than my mane n tail, so I can see this lasting me well over 6 months if I use it the same as I did the MNT. It's a 16 oz bottle.

I'll be back to give my verdict a lil later.

naturaline

LondonDiva said:
OK I have my Megatek it came on Wednesday but I didn't pick it up from the Post office till today, because they delivered when I was out.

BTW there was P&P of £2.50 she emailed me the day after payment another paypal invoice because the system had missed off the P&P charge. So it's £24.50 in total. The bottle if 4 oz bigger than my mane n tail, so I can see this lasting me well over 6 months if I use it the same as I did the MNT. It's a 16 oz bottle.

I'll be back to give my verdict a lil later.
owww cant wait for your review- im trying my new lush products tonight.

Ginga Ninja

Hello London Diva :)

It was me that sold you the mega-Tek :D I remembered that you said you came from a hair fourm so I thought I would do a search and found it ! WOW people on here sure do know a lot about hair care!!

I have been using the Mega-Tek on my hair for about 7 months now. I use it about 3 times a week as a wash out conditioner and its fantastic. My hair was ... lets say 'hacked' by a hair dresser - I asked for 3" off, and she started on the back but by the time she came to the front I could see that it was shoulder length *gulp* it had been down to my chest before hand.

My hair has always been thick and dry but using the Mega-Tek and the EQyss Survivor detangler it really has changed. Before I used to just tackle the frizz with my straightners but now I have not used them for ages. :) saves a lot of time in the morning I must say.

If anyone has any questions on EQyss products then just shout - I will be more than happy to help. If I can't answer your question then I can get it from EQyss as I talk to them every week.