Mega Tek vs. MTG...Seriously, what's the difference?

Mega Tek vs. MTG

• Total voters
I havent tried the MT....yet, but I am willing after I use this MTG up first. MTG to me isnt that bad. I use on in between my cornrows weekly after i wash my hair, I have also mixed it with peppermint oil and I dont smell a thing neither does anyone else.

I've tried both, too. MTG was revolutionary when I first found out about it b/c it worked. However, it had NUMEROUS downsides. It has a strong bacon/smokey smell (that is bearable but not sexy); you have to purchase 50-11 products/oils to mask the smell; it's oily and leaves a residue everywhere you lay your head; it has a propensity to run down your neck and face if you're too heavy handed (which is easy to do-and the running happens at work usually, lol); many reported it to be irritating to the skin (it was for me too); and it changes the color of costume jewelery (based on others' reports).

Now MT/Ovation-- hallelujah! It smells wonderful; is creamy and easy to apply; it's not irritating to skin; it detangles well, and IT WORKS!!!! MT is also much cheaper than Ovation, so it's comparable to the cost of MTG. The downside is I have natural hair. So, if I flat iron, it reverts my roots.

HTH

Last edited:
I've tried both, too. MTG was revolutionary when I first found out about it b/c it worked. However, it had NUMEROUS downsides. It has a strong bacon/smokey smell (that is bearable but not sexy); you have to purchase 50-11 products/oils to mask the smell; it's oily and leaves a residue everywhere you lay your head; it has a propensity to run down your neck and face if you're too heavy handed (which is easy to do-and the running happens at work usually, lol); many reported it to be irritating to the skin (it was for me too); and it changes the color of costume jewelery (based on others' reports).

HTH

LoLoLol.. this was the story of my life... doing my wash n gos in the morning, and by the time I got into work, the MTG would be rolling down my face and neck as my hair dried.

My cute little sweaters had MTG stains in back.
Yep. MTG caused me intense neck and chest irritation... kinda like a scaly eczema... I used it for 3 months, but when my skin became irritated? I was too through.
I ended up giving my 3/4 unused bottle away.

Oh yeah. it turned my *real* silver black.....

Just wondering, i remember reading a thread a couple of days ago, about i honestly dont remember if it was the MT or MTG that was causing people to have headaches? Can i use it straight from the bottle or do i need to mix it with oils?

I the MTG and have used it off and on. I use it 2-3x per week. I also use biotin, msn and exercise and my hair grows something awful. I do get 1 in per month. My girlfirend does the same and says she get 1 1/2 inch per month.

It does not run down my face nor cause rashed. It did for my mom and she had to stop using it but me it has worked good.

Mega Tek is a serious protein and mtg is not ,its a sulfur oil mixture. If your hair cant take alot of protein dont use Mega Tek. imo

MegaTek is my BFF. I love that stuff. I've been using it a couple months and am very happy with the results. Besides legnth, I finally have thickness that I never remember having before! WooHoo to MegaTek!!!

I have used both. I prefer Megatek hands down. MTG was seriously stinky, DH would always stay away from me when it was in my hair.

Back