MEGA TEK & MTG SAVED MY NAPE !!!

NubianPrize

After having my last curly perm in Oct 2008,I tried transitioning but it didn't work so I did the BC in Feb 2009. After a long bout of dealing with scab hair & trimming it off my hair started to return to its natural texture..4a/b,but my nape was awful. I have really soft hair back there & it kept breaking off,not growing,was only about an inch long & had thinned out a lot. I read about MTG here & started it in late April,then added Mega Tek & JBCO abouut 2 weeks ago .The result is that the nape has filled in A WHOLE LOT and is now about 3" long & can be flat twisted. I've also used the mix on my temples,which had thinned out & they're filling in,too.I've been using a mix of mostly MT,MTG & JBCO every night. Have any of you used all 3 mixed together ? I've read some threads about MT causing itching & shedding but it hasn't happened yet. MTG smells awful & reminds me of the Glover's Mange my mom( & everyone else's mom) used back in the day when I was a kid. Mixing it with the others helps mask the smell. Can you make a spritz out of it so that I can apply it to my whole head & don't have to take out my twists to do it ?If you have any other advice on using these growth aids,please post them here!

HappilyLiberal

After having my last curly perm in Oct 2008,I tried transitioning but it didn't work so I did the BC in Feb 2009. After a long bout of dealing with scab hair & trimming it off my hair started to return to its natural texture..4a/b,but my nape was awful. I have really soft hair back there & it kept breaking off,not growing,was only about an inch long & had thinned out a lot. I read about MTG here & started it in late April,then added Mega Tek & JBCO abouut 2 weeks ago .The result is that the nape has filled in A WHOLE LOT and is now about 3" long & can be flat twisted. I've also used the mix on my temples,which had thinned out & they're filling in,too.I've been using a mix of mostly MT,MTG & JBCO every night. Have any of you used all 3 mixed together ? I've read some threads about MT causing itching & shedding but it hasn't happened yet. MTG smells awful & reminds me of the Glover's Mange my mom( & everyone else's mom) used back in the day when I was a kid. Mixing it with the others helps mask the smell. Can you make a spritz out of it so that I can apply it to my whole head & don't have to take out my twists to do it ?If you have any other advice on using these growth aids,please post them here!

Those sulfur-based growth aids like MTG should only be used on your scalp. Spraying it on your hair will dry your hair out. Also, while MT can be used on your hair, it is a heavy protein so you need to be careful with the protein/moisture balance. You can use that combo on your whole head--but concentrate it on your scalp not your hair.