MBL Challenge 2012 Official Thread

^^Dangdabit. HYH is KILLING me! I'm sure you're there with all the PS'ing we've been doing. Just like I BETTER be SL in December! That's 16 months post-relaxer and about 8 inches of hair! Yes, I am THREATENING my hair! :lachen:
But seriously. I better be there.

We won't have to hide forever! Just 3 more months! :lol:

I'll be doing a blow out and stretch check next month when I take these braids out and get a new set put in. Hopefully I can claim SL by then.

I am pretty excited because I stretched some twists in my nape area the other night and found out that they're only 4.5" from APL! Which is so weird to me because I thought it was going to take forever to get back to APL. So by December, I should only be about 3" from APL, so I should definitely be able to claim it in August instead of December like I originally thought! Super stoked. Can't wait until December to really see my progress on straightened hair. :)

I have discovered something from this stretch ladies...I'm a SLOW GROWER! I haven't had a relaxer in 26 weeks and I don't even have a full 3 inches of new growth...actually, I just BARELY have 2 inches. :blush: :cry: I'm not discouraged, but I really don't think I'm going to make MBL in 2012...more like 2013!

Oh no, new!
Is it all over or just in some spots? For instance, the very front of my hair goes extremely slow but the rest grows the normal .5". Don't leave us! You're farther along than a lot of us here so you WILL still make it!

27 months is a long time new so don't get discouraged. You have plenty of time to achieve this goal. Stay positive. You'll be there before you know it!

Oh no, new!
Is it all over or just in some spots? For instance, the very front of my hair goes extremely slow but the rest grows the normal .5". Don't leave us! You're farther along than a lot of us here so you WILL still make it!

Lol, I'm not leaving mbl 2012! Just sharing my frustration. davisbr88 and NikkiQ I actually have less than 2inches in some areas! :cry: not to worry though! I've been quite stressed lately so I am attributing it to that.

But you're grazing APL new! You will probably be there at your next relaxer! I am only SL/CBL and I'm still in it to win it. You definitely will make it! Don't let your frustrations make you even more stressed! I know we will have some lovely heads to reveal at update time. Yours is no exception!

Hey guys! I took out my sew in and had some growth! I want to post pics but I'm not gonna spoil it.. Anywhooo.. I did notice my hair was thin in a few spots.. Ya kno.. The usual problem areas:: crown, temples/edges, and nape. This has NEVER been a problem for me untill recently..I wanted to ask you ladies if any of u have ever been able to successfully thicken this area up after it has thinned? If so, how did u achieve your results? Pics would also be nice lol.. Thanks!

Oh shoot I keep forgetting that this does not officially start yet right? Lol, I did get a sew in though, guess I will take it out just in time (I am trying to insert a pic but it wont work, ugh so I just update my fotki)

Last edited:
Oh shoot I keep forgetting that this does not officially start yet right? Lol, I did get a sew in though, guess I will take it out just in time (I am trying to insert a pic but it wont work, ugh so I just update my fotki)

@SingBrina
We have started! We just aren't updating much because picture updates aren't until December. I'll be relaxing soon, so I'll post my hair pic then.

Hi, everyone!
I know it sounds awful, and I don't know if it's ever been done before, but I am dropping out of all of my challenges to focus on school, including this one that I started. As some of you know from other threads, I am pursuing a doctorate, and obsessing over my hair and spending entire days on LHCF have proven to be pretty detrimental. So I am bowing out.
By all means, please keep the thread alive and I wish you all the best of luck!
I will still be around, but hopefully not as frequently and I will be posting quarterly updates on my blog, if anyone is interested.
HHG ladies, and again, I am sorry for having to leave the challenge I started!!! I hope you all will forgive me... :(

Hi, everyone!
I know it sounds awful, and I don't know if it's ever been done before, but I am dropping out of all of my challenges to focus on school, including this one that I started. As some of you know from other threads, I am pursuing a doctorate, and obsessing over my hair and spending entire days on LHCF have proven to be pretty detrimental. So I am bowing out.
By all means, please keep the thread alive and I wish you all the best of luck!
I will still be around, but hopefully not as frequently and I will be posting quarterly updates on my blog, if anyone is interested.
HHG ladies, and again, I am sorry for having to leave the challenge I started!!! I hope you all will forgive me... :(

davisbr88, i am so very sad to hear this, although i must say that i totally understand your decision.

many times i too, can obsess over my hair and there are so many other things that are important in life.

it surely is not easy to keep balance between these hair requirements and life in general, but i certainly wish for you to find that balance sweets!

your presence here has meant so much to so many and we will surely miss your regular comments and those adorable dimples!

know that when you are ready and when you can, we will be here for you with open arms!

thank you for starting this challenge and we will all steward your thread while awaiting your return!

^^^Awww, sorry to hear that as well. I wish the best for you. You were an inspiration to me, but I will keep up with your blog and wish you much sucess.

for Baby Face Davis, I'm bringing this one back to life for those that are in it to win it!

:bump:

Hello!!! My hair is doing well and getting thicker and more healthy. I still have extensions on the bottom half of my hair, its growing fast with less maintenance and just washing once a week.

Hey I'm currently cbl-sl now and hope to be mbl by feb 2012
I have type 4b hair and I'm psing with full sew ins
Im currently 14 weeks post relaxer

Hi all. I've been a ghost since...well...for a looooong time, but I've still technically been growing. I've gotten into a rhythm and I've actually reached below shoulder blade ahead of schedule (my original post says the 31st of this month). Anywhoo, I just dropped in to say hi since this is the last day of my spring break (I'm a 6th grade english teacher as of last month! :grin: ), and post a looooong overdue link of my length! This is the longest my hair has ever been! :grin:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/album.php?albumid=7331&pictureid=104515

My regimen has changed significantly since I started basically ignoring my hair. I wash once every three weeks (I know, I know, gross, but it's working for me :ohwell: ), DC with Redken Butter Treat for at least eight hours (usually overnight), air dry and flat iron, moisturize and seal when my hair asks for it (maybe 2 times per week), pin curl nightly, relax every 5-6 months, and NO trims since June of 2010. I don't plan on trimming until I pass brastrap. :yep:

Last edited:
I'm super late. But I just decided to change my long term goal from APL to MBL. :look:

Current Length- I think I'm right at SL. About 7.5 inches of hair in the back
Current State of Hair -Mostly 4b, w/ a little 4a. Natural

Regimen -Um, my reggie is kinda long, lol. But here's the condensed version:
I wash every two weeks, plait my hair up under a halfwig. And blow dry the leave out hair on cool to blend.
-Prepoo w/EVOO to detangle
-Shampoo w/sulfate free shampoo
-DC under steamer w/moisturizing conditioners

Every 2-3 days I spray my hair with water, apply my moisturizer and seal w/oil. Massage my scalp w/oil a few times a week (usu a sulfur mix). I do not comb or brush my hair except on wash day, so only twice a month. Try to take a multivitamin or hair vitamin regularly.

Goals for each check-in date:
April 30, 2011- SL
August 15, 2011- approaching APL (9.5 inches of hair)
December 31, 2011- Full APL
April 30, 2012- just shy of BSL
August 15, 2012- Not sure
December 31, 2012- MBL

What month in 2012 you hope to be at MBL- Dec 2012
Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share-My fotki is in my siggy

Last edited:
Welcome Imani! You're not late at all! I don't think davis is running this thread anymore since she's doing the no-challenge thing, but I'm happy to welcome you!

I am curious about how many people are still participating. I don't comment a lot, but I'm still in it all the way! We will reach our goals together! :grin:

^^^Thank you! I just came to this revelation last night that I wanted to try for MBL. I'm super excited and will just be in amazement if my hair is able to get that long. I've never had hair past SL in my life.

Bump, bump! Any updates from challengers in this thread? I already updated about a month early (see my original post on the first page). I made my BSB goal for the April 31th check-in date. Anyone else meet their length goals?

I just made sl and looking to be apl by year end.

I actually have no idea how many inches of hair is mbl on me. Apl is about 10 in. Bsl 13-14. This is measuring from the middle if the back of my head.

Omg! Thanks for bumping this! I completely forgot about it! I actually dropped all of my challenges for a period because I was overwhelmed with school, but that is no longer an issue.
I'd love to rejoin you ladies, if you'll have me back. :)

Omg! Thanks for bumping this! I completely forgot about it! I actually dropped all of my challenges for a period because I was overwhelmed with school, but that is no longer an issue.
I'd love to rejoin you ladies, if you'll have me back. :)

Hmm...idk. You did kinda leave us hanging, but it is your challenge after all. What's a baby face challenge without the original baby face. Get back in here woman!!

I on the other hand will not continue on with the challenge. I don't care how much I geek myself up...NL to MBL in a year AIN'T happening :lachen:

Hmm...idk. You did kinda leave us hanging, but it is your challenge after all. What's a baby face challenge without the original baby face. Get back in here woman!!

I on the other hand will not continue on with the challenge. I don't care how much I geek myself up...NL to MBL in a year AIN'T happening :lachen:

I will beat you if you leave!

^^^We got 20 months!! Now, if you are tall tho...that might be an issue

Exactly!
That girl is staying right chea!

Back