MBL Challenge 2012 Official Thread

SingBrina

How's it growing ladies?

Okay so far, getting bored of my hair after seeing my sisters pretty weave. So I am going to wear a weave for three months and get it re-done and wear it for another three months, then I am sure I will be close to MBL because I will get a good portioned trimmed off after.. I am excited

NikkiQ

Okay so far, getting bored of my hair after seeing my sisters pretty weave. So I am going to wear a weave for three months and get it re-done and wear it for another three months, then I am sure I will be close to MBL because I will get a good portioned trimmed off after.. I am excited

I would love to leave mine in for 3 months, but I get too paranoid now lol

JJamiah

I can't wait until I am back up in my beehive braid, I want to WIG it wig it, I want to wig it wig it I want to wig IT!

newbeginnings2010

Thanks, new! We'll see how it goes. I have decided that now that I am natural I will no longer be measuring my hair, but will probably straighten whenever I think I should be hitting a milestone. That way I won't drive myself craaaaaazy :drunk:.
Why don't you put in a random braid at your nape (since your HYH, it wouldn't matter) and then after a month measure the new growth? That might work.

I like that idea! Aaaaand....I'm probably really late, but I just realized that you are fully natural now!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm soooo excited for you!

ezina

Current Length

APL but I'm not exactly sure, though, but I can feel it, lol.

Current State of Hair

Relaxed 4b, very thick and course

Regimen

(1)Co-wash 2-3 times a week. (2) Shampoo and DC every 1-2 weeks or when there is considerate buildup. (3) Apply MT/Castor oil mix to scalp. (4) Moisturize hair with homemade whipped Shea butter. (5) Seal hair shaft and ends with coconut oil, EVOO, or whatever carrier oil I can get my hands on. (6) Style as desired or cover hair in silk scarf/bonnet before sleeping. (7) Daily vitamins: Take 10,000 mcg biotin; 1,000 to 2,000 mg garlic, depending on how much I shed; 400 mcg folic acid; 1 ?mg b complex

Goals for each check-in date

December 31, 2010 - Full APL
April 31, 2011 - BSB
August 15, 2011 - Full BSL
December 31, 2011 - MBL
April 31, 2012 - Full MBL
August 15, 2012 - WL
December 31, 2012 - Full WL

I know my ultimate goal for 2012 is to be beyond MBL but I didn't account for possible setbacks so you never know...

What month in 2012 you hope to be at MBL

January

Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share
http://public.fotki.com/imab/

I will also upload a starting pic once I get back from the salon next week.

Last edited:

afrochique

Hi all,
I would like to join this challenge. (I can't believe I didn't see it before!)

Current Length
Full shoulder length

Current State of Hair
Relaxed. Stretching: currently 9 weeks post.

Regimen

Vitamins: Biotin 5mg a day Chlorella 2g a day
Cowash once a week. DC once a week
Protective styling:
braids, wigs and weaves
Moisturize
with S Curl
Goals for each check-in date

December 31, 2010 -APL
April 31, 2011 - Full APL
August 15, 2011 - BSB
December 31, 2011 - BSL
April 31, 2012 - Full BSL
August 15, 2012 - MBL
December 31, 2012 - Full MBL

What month in 2012 you hope to be at MBL?

December

Attachments

• hair journey 286.jpg
    hair journey 286.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 20

ToriLynn

washing weekly with CON detaingling shampoo, conditioning with CON moisturizing con, using african pride braid spray with conditioner, and ive been using dr.miracle's hot grow [yea i said it!] and i just got some mega tek!

grow

congratultions on your success ToriLynn!

i am so excited about one day being MBL, but when i start counting the inches to get there it seems so dern far away.....

NikkiQ

congratultions on your success ToriLynn!

i am so excited about one day being MBL, but when i start counting the inches to get there it seems so dern far away.....

Grow, you'll be MBL before you even know! You're already leaps ahead of me. I know you can do it!

grow

^^^
you are so sweet to encourage me NikkiQ sugar pie! thank you!

but also please remember that i'm not in front of anybody sweets, nor behind.....we are all in this together!

we're all the same because i'm sure that even when we ARE all at MBL, we'lll then have new challenges of things we'll be trying to do with our hair!

then we might even be complaining that "ugh, it's so hard to style so much hair", lol!

newbeginnings2010

^^^
you are so sweet to encourage me NikkiQ sugar pie! thank you!

but also please remember that i'm not in front of anybody sweets, nor behind.....we are all in this together!

we're all the same because i'm sure that even when we ARE all at MBL, we'lll then have new challenges of things we'll be trying to do with our hair!

then we might even be complaining that "ugh, it's so hard to style so much hair", lol!

OT: I know I'm showing my nerdiness, but I just had an HSM flashback. Yes, I watched Disney Channel until I was 22...which was only two years ago...so what!? :lol:

omegachick31

Hi I'm waaayyy to psyched about this journey!
My current hair state is natural...I'm willing to believe my hair is a mix of 3C/4A/4B
My current regimen is as follows...
Shampoo & DC 1x a week
Cowash 2-3 days a week
Hot oil treatment 1X a week with EVOO
I moisturize my hair nightly with an aloe vera/h2o/s-curl concoction I came up with
I seal my hair daily with a EVOO/Coconut/Castor oil mix and I keep my hair braided into about 11-14 plaits/braids until I do my weekly wash during the week I wear a wig or keep it tied up with a satin scarf. I wear a satin scarf and bonnet everynight.
I just became interested in obtaining great hair length goals so I'm happy to have others who are on a similiar journey

Currently my hair ranges from 7 1/2-9 inches all over...I want to be MBL by Dec. 2012

December 31, 2010-Just at APL
April 31, 2011-Past Shoulder Blades
August 15, 2011-BSL
December 31, 2011-Just below BSL
April 31, 2012-at or around MBL
August 15, 2012-MBL no doubt!
December 31, 2012-skimming the surface of WSL

Okay Ladies Yayyyy!

davisbr88

OT: I know I'm showing my nerdiness, but I just had an HSM flashback. Yes, I watched Disney Channel until I was 22...which was only two years ago...so what!? :lol:

Shoot - I'm watching Suite Life on Deck as I type! Lol. I love Disney Channel! (Esp Phineas and Ferb!) I'm 22, so I guess that makes me a grown a** kid!

grow

Co-sign! Based on your siggy, I feel like you could definitely make it in 2011!

that is so sweet of you to say, Davisbr88, thank you! you give me hope!
i gotta remember that that siggy took me months to do, and here i am expecting to see that result every 8 weeks, lol! smh, i need to stay hopeful and realistic.

Grow you're just the best thing since slice bread I swear! :bighug:

so are you baby doll! you are the best cheerleader i've ever seen and you always get people so up and happy! that's an art, ya know!

ikwym, i only wish we had Disney Channel over here! i'd probably still be watching it, lol!

you ladies are just THE BEST EVER!!!

i am SO GRATEFUL to be sharing this hhj with you all!
(can't believe i used to be all alone trying to grow my hair......that was dismal.....now, i feel like i have a whole new family!!!:circle:

davisbr88

Haha! That's the spirit! :D

@grow: Awwww... everyone is just the best here! People like you all give me the motivation to feel like I can really reach all of my goals (hair or not) with a good faith effort, some love, and support!

Last edited:
I don't think I've posted these yet. These are my mini twist. I'm starting week 3 on them... The look kind of rough b/c I went to the beach last week.. But, I'm going to keep them in.
I have to got to Army Boot camp next month. At first I said I would just wear mini twist... But, now I want Micro Braids... I just like the way they look. But, in the past my natural hair has never responded well to weaves and extensions. I usually get a lot of knots, breakage and shedding. Oh! check out my ends they look soo much better since I had them clipped and Ive been using Sunflower oil to help them stay looking smooth!

Last edited:

davisbr88

^^ Hahaha! I was just thinking that.
How's everyone doing? I'm sure there will be more updates when it gets later. Our update isn't until December. :)

newbeginnings2010

Chugging along. I'm preparing for my relaxer in 2 and a half weeks. I won't post pics, but if I FINALLY make it to APL, I'll let you know!

davisbr88

^^Dangdabit. HYH is KILLING me! I'm sure you're there with all the PS'ing we've been doing. Just like I BETTER be SL in December! That's 16 months post-relaxer and about 8 inches of hair! Yes, I am THREATENING my hair! :lachen:
But seriously. I better be there.

LaFemmeNaturelle

^^ Hahaha! I was just thinking that.
How's everyone doing? I'm sure there will be more updates when it gets later. Our update isn't until December. :)

I never feel like updating because I feel like I don't have anything to update with. My hair is still growing its same ol same ol slow rate of 1/2 inch a month so there's not much to say. I'm about 5 inches in my journey to becoming a WL natural lol Seems like it'll take forever to get there!

davisbr88

^^ I feel the same way. I don't ever have anything to share because I'm hiding my hair and haven't straightened so I don't even know how long it is. Lol.
Fail.

davisbr88

I am happy to report that I got my .5" in the past 3 weeks. My front of my hair at the hair line (my shortest and slowest growing hair) went from the corner of my eye to my cheekbone. I am aiming for it to be hitting the bottom of my nose by December. :)