Maybe I'm tripping but I think my hair has grown less since Surging!!!

InsertCleverNameHere

I mean really, I have had the same cornrows in my daggone head for 2 and a half weeks and I've been surging for 3 weeks. Why are there cornrows still close on my scalp :mad:

I'm thinking my hair is growing even less than before the surge :ohwell:

Well i don't know since I'm natural, all my hair is the same curl pattern and I usually cornrown my hair every two weeks. This time I am able to wait longer since they are not hanging off my head in a fuzzy mess yet.

Not me!! I am seeing some major growth! Hang in there you may have that hair anorexia disease! LOL!

I just starting using Surge (a week now) and I was afraid that it might just cause reversion making it appear as though there is new growth. My hair is braided and I had about 2 1/2 weeks worth of new growth before I starting surging, but it hasn't sped up since I've started surging. I'll stick with it though.

Seeing this post made me think that maybe it is making your hair curl up even more keeping the cornrows close to your scalp.

I was thinking thats a possibility...my hair doesn't seem more tightly curled though...but of course I still may be tripping.

I'm going to go ahead and finish this set of cornrows and put another set in next weekend (making this be a month with these in) and take them out before evaluating growth. Now if my hair hasn't really grown too much, next surge post will be an all out rant!

Do you normally touch your braids a lot for scratching, washing, rinsing, etc. that you may not have been doing these past couple of weeks? If so, that could be why they aren't fuzzy. I know that usually when I get my flat twists done, I bother them a lot and as a result, they get very fuzzy and unattractive. When I refrain from touching them and rubbing them with product, they stay nice and don't get fuzzy.

ReaLuvsAOxymoron said:
I mean really, I have had the same cornrows in my daggone head for 2 and a half weeks and I've been surging for 3 weeks. Why are there cornrows still close on my scalp :mad:

I'm thinking my hair is growing even less than before the surge :ohwell:

Oh man I'm sorry I had to laugh at what you said it was funny!!! I guess I won't complain about the baby boy afro that's sitting under flat iron ed hair. I wear hair hanging down but, if you attempt to stick your fingers through there you would be like oh man she's a dude. I don't know if it's growing or just napping up. I'm at day 14 with surge and can't get a touch up until April. But, I still look good though. :lol: :lachen:

I re-started using Surge consistently and experienced soreness around my ears and temples. I stopped using it 14 days later. Last weekend when I washed my hair I noticed large flakes of dried skin in the water and in my hair. It may speed up hair growth, but in future I'm sticking with a Surge-less routine for my own piece of mind and scalp health!

Back