May abort my transition and texlax.

hair4romheaven

I want to tex-lax. I feel like I'm going through a mid-hair crisis because I can't wear my hair out as much with transitioning but I just thought about something:

I love wearing my hair straight most of the time with occasional braid outs twist out etc.
I love roller sets
I plan on texlaxing 2x a year.
My NG is getting disrespectful
I have 2 totally different textures. The front is soft and wavy the back is thick tiny coils.

Have I just talked my self out of going natural based on the way I really want to wear my hair?

The big decidion is when will I do it. I still have bone straight relaxed ends and about 4.5" of NG. I want to be fully texlaxed again. I wonder if I should continue to grow it out another 5-6mnths and texl-ax or just tex lax now and continue to grow it out.
Thoughts??? :perplexed

Anacaona

I know how you feel. I've been transitioning for five months and I'm this close to relaxing because I'm scared to comb my hair. I dread wash days now and avoid it like the plague.

Have you thought about doing a BKT? You can get the straight look and it's not permanent and you could probably do it yourself at home.

If you do texlax, you could just do it now and trim away a little every few months until you're fully texlaxed just as if you were transitioning to fully natural. There are many texlaxed ladies who could probably give you the details.

JuiceMobsta

I want to tex-lax. I feel like I'm going through a mid-hair crisis because I can't wear my hair out as much with transitioning but I just thought about something:

I love wearing my hair straight most of the time with occasional braid outs twist out etc.
I love roller sets
I plan on texlaxing 2x a year.
My NG is getting disrespectful
I have 2 totally different textures. The front is soft and wavy the back is thick tiny coils.

Have I just talked my self out of going natural based on the way I really want to wear my hair?

The big decidion is when will I do it. I still have bone straight relaxed ends and about 4.5" of NG. I want to be fully texlaxed again. I wonder if I should continue to grow it out another 5-6mnths and texl-ax or just tex lax now and continue to grow it out.
Thoughts??? :perplexed

Hmmmm...Well what originally appealed to you about transitioning? I know its tough now but the rewards will come with time :yep: I'm going on 10 months post so we can get through this together!! Lol. But if you feel that that is what is best for you and more manageable then...go for it :look:

JuiceMobsta

I know how you feel. I've been transitioning for five months and I'm this close to relaxing because I'm scared to comb my hair. I dread wash days now and avoid it like the plague.

Have you thought about doing a BKT? You can get the straight look and it's not permanent and you could probably do it yourself at home.

If you do texlax, you could just do it now and trim away a little every few months until you're fully texlaxed just as if you were transitioning to fully natural. There are many texlaxed ladies who could probably give you the details.

:nono: Awww i know how you feel..have you ever tried washing your hair in smaller sections? That can reallllllly help you avoid tangles. Try gently combing your hair with a wide tooth comb and a good detangler. Its been working for me lately because after 10 months the new growth has cut loose and is acting a ham. :wallbash:

natalie20121

If I were you, I would think of your original reason for wanting to go natural in the first place. I love wearing my hair straight as well, but I knew once I was natural I could have it both ways. A BKT is a great way to get you over the hump. Hopefully you will stick with it. I'm sorry its frustrating you so much girl. But I'm rooting for you. :)

JuiceMobsta

If I were you, I would think of your original reason for wanting to go natural in the first place. I love wearing my hair straight as well, but I knew once I was natural I could have it both ways. A BKT is a great way to get you over the hump. Hopefully you will stick with it. I'm sorry its frustrating you so much girl. But I'm rooting for you. :)

:yep: :goodpost::yep: I totally agree girl!

hair4romheaven

Wash days are a breeze for me. I don't have tangles I just miss my hair free flowing and all. I am tired of wigs they feel so uggh sometimes. especially now that its getting warm. My NG is serious so bantus and such looks very poofy. i have been using the tension method to get my hair a little straight but with GA summer approaching I know I am at a lost. (and I work out 4-5x a week):nono:
I thought about BKT but don't know enough about it to do it. My hair is now healthy again and I'm well ummmmm.... scuurred :lachen:

Hmmmm...Well what originally appealed to you about transitioning? I know its tough now but the rewards will come with time :yep: I'm going on 10 months post so we can get through this together!! Lol. But if you feel that that is what is best for you and more manageable then...go for it :look:
I love the way natural hair looks on others. The fullness the coils the wash and goes but in reality that's not my hair type. I am 4a/b wash and goes will look similar to a jherri curl on my hair. I can see it already based on my NG. I still see so many beautiful 4a/b naturals and I say thats my hair type and it looks lovely but they are usually over the hump and are 2-3 years natural.:yep: A transition buddy may be helpful but girl this is rough. How are you wearing your hair daily?

:nono: Awww i know how you feel..have you ever tried washing your hair in smaller sections? That can reallllllly help you avoid tangles. Try gently combing your hair with a wide tooth comb and a good detangler. Its been working for me lately because after 10 months the new growth has cut loose and is acting a ham. :wallbash:
I wsh my hair in cornrows and am not having a problem with tangles etc. I have no shedding and have it down to a science. i just miss wearing my hair out. I'm sick of P.S under fake hair! :wallbash:

Thanks you guys are so sweet. I know my real reason for wanting to go natural was to get away from the chemicals and have big hair. This hump seems more like a mountain!!! LOL

natalie20121

I know how you feel. I tried the protective style thing while I was transitioning and it didn't work for me. So I just wore my hair out and I flat ironed on a weekly basis. Lol! Bad... I know but I love straight hair that lays on my back. But once I cut it, I didn't regret it and I have no desire to straighten it.... at all. I'm a 4a/4b as well and I have the jherri curl look to with my wash and go but... what can I say... it's how god made me. Hang in there hun! You will thank your self later. If you want to move away from chemicals then you are doing the right thing. If you get the urge to relax then think of that relaxer eating up that pepsi can on Good Hair. Lol!

KinkyGenius

Keep us updated on what you decide, but texlaxing really gives you the "best of both worlds" sorta speak. My hair is easily 3x more voluminous/thicker and has much more body than when I was bone straight.

LadyRaider

I somewhat get the urge to bc. What helped me was to set a date in the future. I made it September. No matter what I won't do any thing until september. Maybe that will help you as well.

JuiceMobsta

I love the way natural hair looks on others. The fullness the coils the wash and goes but in reality that's not my hair type. I am 4a/b wash and goes will look similar to a jherri curl on my hair. I can see it already based on my NG. I still see so many beautiful 4a/b naturals and I say thats my hair type and it looks lovely but they are usually over the hump and are 2-3 years natural.:yep: A transition buddy may be helpful but girl this is rough. How are you wearing your hair daily?

Thanks you guys are so sweet. I know my real reason for wanting to go natural was to get away from the chemicals and have big hair. This hump seems more like a mountain!!! LOL

I'm trying to wear my hair in bantu knot outs or braid-outs. When i tried to make a ponytail the other day it didnt want to go in the scrunchy neatly! It was a wild pony :cowgirl: I was like Woaahhh there fellah :look:

Oh and my rollerset turned into a jheri curl the other day...:lol::lol::lol: Lol @ My avatar.

Usher Voice: It's Like Movinn Mountainnnnnnss...:rolleyes: