May 2005 Hits and Misses!

HIT: Infusium 23 Original Formula mixed with distilled water

MISS: ORS Shea Butter. Makes my hair feel like I srayed it with hairspray and then combed through

JURY STILL OUT: NTM Silk Touch leave-in. Only used it once on dry hair and it seemed alright

For me it is Suave Sleek conditioner, in the orange bottle. It's the equivalent of Matrix sleek. This and the Suave Boibasics conditoner have been wonderful repalcements for my beloved yet discontinued Daily Defence Tender apple.

Also, conditoner rinsing and the just using surge and olive oil.

No misses

Hits:
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum--I'm :love: :love:'in this stuff. It's my new staple serum.

Africa's Best Kid's Organics Shea Butter Dentangling Moisturizing Hair Lotion

No Misses

HIT:

AUSSIE 3 MINUTE MIRACLE RECONSTRUCTOR DEEEEEP
FANTASIA IC HAIR POLISHER ICE POMADE
SOFTER BOAR BRISTLE BRUSH

NO MISSES.

Kenra EMT + honey + EVOO= my hair is so soft and smells like heaven.

Misses
Self braiding with extensions- I liked the style but they started hanging weird after the 3 week, and the takedown sucked! It was as bad if not worse than when I used to leave my braids in for 5 months! I think I'm going w/o extensions for a while.

Hits
Nexxus Headdress - Why did I not try this a long time ago? Love It
7 - 8 Extra Large Rollers (in crown area) with wrapp and silk scarf at night instead of plain wrapp w/ no rollers
Wild Growth Oil

Misses
No New Products Challenge--Failed- Shopping in ULTA ruined it. I will start over.

I also wanted to say that WGO was a huge hit for me on damp hair.

SIDE NOTE: When I first used it I put it on and forgot the smell lingers. I was walking around the house trying to figure out what that smell was. I was spraying and lighting candles. Then when we settled in for the night my husband went to lay his cheek on top of my hair and said "damn what is that stuff you put in your hair, its stinks!" WGO was what I had been smelling the whole time. :lol:

MISS:

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Healing Shine Serum... it worked great for my relaxed hair, but it made my natural hair hard, so I returned it back to the store!!! :ohwell:

Misses:
-Motions Nourish Leave-in Conditioner... made my tangles worse!! :mad: I need a new detangler ASAP!
-Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

no hits this month.

Hit
Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter Moisturizing Conditioner

Jury Still Out
Sally's generic version of Biosilk Silk Therapy Conditioner

NYCQT16 said:
JURY STILL OUT: NTM Silk Touch leave-in. Only used it once on dry hair and it seemed alright

Girl...if it turns into a miss...I will gladly take it off of your hands for free at a NYC meeting....:look: ..cause I'm willing to put myself out there like dat...

*ntm crack itch*

miracle said:
Hits:
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum--I'm :love: :love:'in this stuff. It's my new staple serum.

Africa's Best Kid's Organics Shea Butter Dentangling Moisturizing Hair Lotion

No Misses

Adding A Hit:
AB Organics Carrot Oil Cream

Hits:
Dove smooth and soft antifrizz cream: left my hair moisturized, shiny and w/ volume :):):):):)

Elucence Extended Moisture Repair treatment: wonderful light moisturizing treatment :):):):):)

Miss:
None

Hits:
-CON Moisturizing Detangling shampoo
-Using grease again... works better than my regular moisturizer: ORS Olive Oil grease
-Suave Citrus Smoothie *smells great!*
-Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor

Misses:
-Profectiv Megagrowth
-CON conditioner... I don't love it

More hits:
Kenra intensive emollient treatment
black and sassy leave in
porosity control cond.
mane and tail detangler

BIg hit: Dove Mousse for shingling...yep

Biggggg miss: Nioxin anything makes my hair stiff and dry

ps: Texturizing experiment I texturized my very fine 4a 3c hairline to see how it would come out and now I have stringy straight hair halo which has to go .. I might have to sport the TWA again .. oh well.

Stay Soft Fro is wicked! I love this stuff, I'm sorry I waited so long to try it! It really detangles my hair without too much effort and I have one inch of NG! I'm pleased! A hit for me!

Miss: Colora henna, maybe I used this wrong but it barely gave any color and it only highlited my greys even more!:mad:

HITS:

-Elasta QP Mango Butter
-Motions Oil Moisturizer Silk Protein Conditioner
-Sulfur 8 (yep. I use grease).
-Wild Growth Hair Oil (used it last summer, but recently went back to it. Makes my hair incredibly soft).
-BB Super Gro Extra Lite (went back to it).

MISSES:

None.

HITS:

Akiva Naturals Fiwi Hair Oil
Akiva Naturals Shea Hair Smoothie
Akiva Naturals Hair Milk
Myhoneychild Repear Scalp CLeanser
Myhoneychild Honey Bee Scalp Exfoliator

MISSES:

None

I have to say ladies i have enjoyed this post very much....

Hits..ntm leave in w/olive oil as a setting lotion.I didnt care for it as a leave in,it seemed to be to light for my hair.

ntm daily conditioner mixed with vo5 pears and mango conditioner.It smells great and gives me great slip!!
ntm hair mask
miss keys 10-in 1(i think or may be 12-1)creme rinse.smells great and gives me really great slip and detangles!!
biolage daily leave in tonic.NO MORE TANGLES :D

misses
humecto in a bottle(maybe better luck with the tub)?

Back