Marrying the Sin ... How Far Does it Go? (Spin-off)

sweetvi

I was listening to a sermon by Derek prince, and I love you ladies for introducing him to me. He was preaching on casting down strongholds and he brought up something that made me think of this thread. He basically said that if two people come together and are harmonized spiritually ( via the holyspirit), then God will deliver whatever they pray for.

Now this was profound to me and parallels with the Ministry of Marriage. The enemy knows how effective we are because imagine two people who are joined by God , man and woman, how much their prayer will effect the spiritual realm ( breaking strongholds, stopping the enemy's plan, casting out demons,etc) using prayer.

"Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Matthew 18:8

With homosexuality, according to Shimmie, we are marrying the SIN, so therefore how can you be effective in the spiritual realm because you have no power ! In addition, not only is this agenda attacking couples but also little children according to PinkPebbles. They will start to be brainwashed since birth and will be hidden from the truth of marriage...

The enemy is crafty indeed.....

I attached the sermon for those who are interested which is long by the way. The one that stood out to me were the last 15 minutes if you would like to hear it.

Derek Prince Casting Down Strongholds
http://youtu.be/-Q2XsucBAlA

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
you are right in your belief, Ezekiel lists the reasons, Sodom and Gomorrah was no the only town that was wicked in that way, remember Gibeah the incident of the Levite and his concubine.

Thank you Iwanthealthyhair67.... :love3:

Your post has sent me back to read Judges 19... :yep:

It's a good read, Healthy Hair. This stood out to me:

The tribe of Gibeah had some fierce soldiers...especially the select 700 who were left-handed and every one could sling a stone at a hair's breadth and not miss....

Shimmie

Staff member
I was listening to a sermon by Derek prince, and I love you ladies for introducing him to me. He was preaching on casting down strongholds and he brought up something that made me think of this thread. He basically said that if two people come together and are harmonized spiritually ( via the holyspirit), then God will deliver whatever they pray for.

Now this was profound to me and parallels with the Ministry of Marriage. The enemy knows how effective we are because imagine two people who are joined by God , man and woman, how much their prayer will effect the spiritual realm ( breaking strongholds, stopping the enemy's plan, casting out demons,etc) using prayer.

"Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Matthew 18:8

With homosexuality, according to Shimmie, we are marrying the SIN, so therefore how can you be effective in the spiritual realm because you have no power ! In addition, not only is this agenda attacking couples but also little children according to PinkPebbles. They will start to be brainwashed since birth and will be hidden from the truth of marriage...

The enemy is crafty indeed.....

I attached the sermon for those who are interested which is long by the way. The one that stood out to me were the last 15 minutes if you would like to hear it.

sweetvi, thank you. You have planted a garden of blessings with this message. :love2:

PinkPebbles

@Shimmie and @sweetvi I'm watching the video but I had to pause it. Derek Prince made a comment that I need help understanding. He said different racial groups have satanic powers over them. For example, the spirit of slavery is over Black Americans. Many black churches are extremely legalistic, hardly any of them know the real meaning of God's grace because they never been set free from the spirit of slavery:blush:.

Huh!?! Do you agree with this? I'd like to know what are some things that go on in the black church to be considered legalistic?

Last edited:

sweetvi

Good question but I don't know the answer to that? off to google lol

p.s. I grew up Catholic before changing...

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
@Shimmie and @sweetvi I'm watching the video but I had to pause it. Derek Prince made a comment that I need help understanding. He said different racial groups have satanic powers over them. For example, the spirit of slavery is over Black Americans. Many black churches are extremely legalistic, hardly any of them know the real meaning of God's grace because they never been set free from the spirit of slavery:blush:.

Huh!?! Do you agree with this? I'd like to know what are some things that go on in the black church to be considered legalistic?

I disagree with him and I need to take pause and listen to his entire message and not just the last 15 minutes of it.

One thing that I need to share with everyone is that I don't watch TV Ministries as much as I used to, so I haven't really listened to Derek Prince. I have heard several people speak favorably of him, but I haven't watched him, only glimpse of his Ministry.

I know that there are some areas of our race (and many other races) who practice darkness. Many are right here on this forum and they even boast of it. Check the threads in OT. (I'm not trying to be offensive, it's simply an observation). There are regions of darkness all over this world so, it not exclusively related to our culture as African Americans.

I will say this, that as a Culture we are spiritually sensitive. And when we fall for God, we fall hard and we take Him at His Word, no holds barred.

I'll take time PinkPebbles to listen to the whole message and then take it to prayer before I make a comment about it. May I have until tomorrow evening to reply to this specifically? Thanks for bringing this up.

PinkPebbles

I disagree with him and I need to take pause and listen to his entire message and not just the last 15 minutes of it.

One thing that I need to share with everyone is that I don't watch TV Ministries as much as I used to, so I haven't really listened to Derek Prince. I have heard several people speak favorably of him, but I haven't watched him, only glimpse of his Ministry.

I know that there are some areas of our race (and many other races) who practice darkness. Many are right here on this forum and they even boast of it. Check the threads in OT. (I'm not trying to be offensive, it's simply an observation). There are regions of darkness all over this world so, it not exclusively related to our culture as African Americans.

I will say this, that as a Culture we are spiritually sensitive. And when we fall for God, we fall hard and we take Him at His Word, no holds barred.

I'll take time @PinkPebbles to listen to the whole message and then take it to prayer before I make a comment about it. May I have until tomorrow evening to reply to this specifically? Thanks for bringing this up.

Shimmie thank you....

I will share my thoughts tomorrow too!

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie thank you....

I will share my thoughts tomorrow too!

PinkPebbles...

This was placed on my heart just before I read your message above...

PinkPebbles, Immediately when you heard those comments from the video, it didn't agree with your spirit. You knew that it didn't apply to you. You know God in a real personal way and there is no bondage to any type of spirit of slavery in you.

You knew that his words did not apply to you. If so, you would have felt a need to be delivered. You love God that much to be convicted and delivered from whatever He reveals to you.

Okay... I still haven't had a chance to hear the entire video, but that was on my heart to speak out to you.

Sometimes we have to speak without delay. Hence what I just shared. :yep: Bottomline, you know what's true about you. :yep: :up:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Thank you Iwanthealthyhair67.... :love3:

Your post has sent me back to read Judges 19... :yep:

It's a good read, Healthy Hair. This stood out to me:

The tribe of Gibeah had some fierce soldiers...especially the select 700 who were left-handed and every one could sling a stone at a hair's breadth and not miss....

Yes, I remember reading that..think i'll go and re-read.

PinkPebbles

@PinkPebbles...

This was placed on my heart just before I read your message above...

PinkPebbles, Immediately when you heard those comments from the video, it didn't agree with your spirit. You knew that it didn't apply to you. You know God in a real personal way and there is no bondage to any type of spirit of slavery in you.

You knew that his words did not apply to you. If so, you would have felt a need to be delivered. You love God that much to be convicted and delivered from whatever He reveals to you.

Okay... I still haven't had a chance to hear the entire video, but that was on my heart to speak out to you.

Sometimes we have to speak without delay. Hence what I just shared. :yep: Bottomline, you know what's true about you. :yep: :up:

Shimmie you are absolutely right! That comment did not sit well with me and my spirit did not receive it.

In Mr. Prince's attempt to explain strongholds he generalized and stereo-typed a whole race of people based on his experience with a few black churches in America.

Church legalism is man-made rules that don't have anything to do with race but more of a denomination in my opinion.

sweetvi

@Shimmie you are absolutely right! That comment did not sit well with me and my spirit did not receive it.

In Mr. Prince's attempt to explain strongholds he generalized and stereo-typed a whole race of people based on his experience with a few black churches in America.

Church legalism is man-made rules that don't have anything to do with race but more of a denomination in my opinion.

That makes sense...

Shimmie

Staff member
Okay.... If you start at 2300, you have to listen up to 2600 and then go back to 2300 and listen again. I did this several times.

He bases his 'opinion' upon the 'entire' Black Church and this is where he is incorrect. He 'appears' to believe that the entire Black Church is limited spiritually. But this isn't so. I believe that I am 'living proof' of this AS do I believe the many others right here in this forum among us and outside of this forum, there are far many spiritually successful Black Americans who surpass what this gentleman is limiting us to.

If it weren't for the Black Church, I don't think America would still be afloat, and I'm not being snarky, elitist, nor UE, nor arrogant, nor self-righteous. I am being careful of how I speak my disagreement with his 'opinion' as this man is blessing far too many people and I won't take away from that. He simply doesn't have the correct theory regarding the Black Church in America.

We all know that there are renegades in the Ministries, but this is of all races. To be honest, the Black Community in the Black Church has progressed and is still progressing past those 'of us' who are not a part of it. And it's way too late for anyone to tell me that I am wrong about this as I have lived far too much victory in my life, the lives of my children, family, friends and my brothers and sisters in Christ for anyone to say otherwise.

Now there are those in the Black community who are under and working deliberately with spirits of darkness and therefore you will see this bondage over them and many are in the Church. However the Black Church as a whole, his opinion does not apply to.

Without Jesus Christ, there would be no success in my life, period in every dimension of it. So again, I can't agree with his opinion. But I bless him because he seems to be a loving person who is just mistaken on the true knowledge of the Black Church.

If you go to 4500 and listen, you will 'hear' a contradiction when he speaks of a man struggling and to stay in faith.

None of this however stops me from being humble before God to be convicted and allow God to develop and remove my defects. I'm not in perfection, but neither am I under darkness. I know you can attest to the same in your relationship with Jesus.

Please share, I'm open to 'hear' with my heart. :yep: :love2:

PinkPebbles

Okay.... If you start at 2300, you have to listen up to 2600 and then go back to 2300 and listen again. I did this several times.

He bases his 'opinion' upon the 'entire' Black Church and this is where he is incorrect. He 'appears' to believe that the entire Black Church is limited spiritually. But this isn't so. I believe that I am 'living proof' of this AS do I believe the many others right here in this forum among us and outside of this forum, there are far many spiritually successful Black Americans who surpass what this gentleman is limiting us to.

If it weren't for the Black Church, I don't think America would still be afloat, and I'm not being snarky, elitist, nor UE, nor arrogant, nor self-righteous. I am being careful of how I speak my disagreement with his 'opinion' as this man is blessing far too many people and I won't take away from that. He simply doesn't have the correct theory regarding the Black Church in America.

We all know that there are renegades in the Ministries, but this is of all races. To be honest, the Black Community in the Black Church has progressed and is still progressing past those 'of us' who are not a part of it. And it's way too late for anyone to tell me that I am wrong about this as I have lived far too much victory in my life, the lives of my children, family, friends and my brothers and sisters in Christ for anyone to say otherwise.

Now there are those in the Black community who are under and working deliberately with spirits of darkness and therefore you will see this bondage over them and many are in the Church. However the Black Church as a whole, his opinion does not apply to.

Without Jesus Christ, there would be no success in my life, period in every dimension of it. So again, I can't agree with his opinion. But I bless him because he seems to be a loving person who is just mistaken on the true knowledge of the Black Church.

If you go to 4500 and listen, you will 'hear' a contradiction when he speaks of a man struggling and to stay in faith.

None of this however stops me from being humble before God to be convicted and allow God to develop and remove my defects. I'm not in perfection, but neither am I under darkness. I know you can attest to the same in your relationship with Jesus.

Please share, I'm open to 'hear' with my heart. :yep: :love2:

Amen...beautifully stated....:yep:.

Shimmie

Staff member
Amen...beautifully stated....:yep:.

PinkPebbles, I'm glad you said that and not because I am seeking compliments. No, not at all. I'm thanking you because I did not want my comments to sound as if there was an offense to what he said, and that I was responding defensively. I'm really trying to 'sound' my posts in a gentle manner.

But check this out. At about 1300 into the message, I fell asleep :sleep:

I'm not kidding. :lol: Look at the time that I first posted that I was listening to the video and at the time that I posted my comments. I fell asleep :rofl: I woke up at the end of his message when he and his wife were speaking their affirmations.

I prayed, "Holy Spirit, please show me where the message is about the Black Church." and the Lord took me right there. I continued replaying that section several times just to 'hear' for understanding. ("Faith comes by hearing").

Now doesn't this show us how incorrect his statement is? I would not be surprised if the Lord didn't put me to sleep just so He could prove that 'we' are indeed in tune with Him. :yep:

I'll be honest, I'm glad that he said what he said and I thank you for bringing it up, for your spirit immediately became in tune to the "miss" of his comments. I call it a "miss" because he has indeed missed something in what he believes about the Black Church as a whole.

It would be nice to start a thread sharing our experiences exalting the Holy Spirit in our lives. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie you are absolutely right! That comment did not sit well with me and my spirit did not receive it.

That makes sense...

:amen: Exactly.

I thank God for both of you PinkPebbles and sweetvi. The two of you have proven this gentleman's theory incorrect because both of you were in tune to the Holy Spirit by Sweetvi posting the video and PinkPebbles hearing the Holy Spirit as He lead her to hear the comments and then 'STOP', to alert the rest of us.

Those words that Mr. Prince spoke over us are too negative and adds depth to the all ready negative images that has been applied to our culture. So the two of you have already proven his comments incorrect. :yep:

PinkPebbles

Shimmie and sweetvi

This discussion has prompted me to re-read my book “Pigs in the Parlor;” an excellent book on spiritual warfare and deliverance.

I’d like to highlight some excerpts by the author that is worth mentioning.

I. “There is no advantage to us in ignoring Satan’s forces and methods. This only permits Satan to work undetected and unchallenged.”

This statement is indeed profound. I had a conversation with a friend a while back and we both asked how homosexuality became so normal amongst middle and high school kids. Ten plus years ago this was not acceptable amongst the majority.

This goes to show how the enemy was subtle and strategic in working its way in the church, gov’t legislation, school system, community life, businesses, homes, social life, television, and recreation while the majority ignored it or did not take it seriously.

II. “Satan has a method – a settled plan – to conquer each one of us. Satan has his ‘strong man, ruling spirits’ appointed over nations, cities, churches, homes, and individuals. However, God has provided armour for our protection and weapons for offensive warfare. Thus, we can withstand every assault against us and launch an attack that will overthrow the enemy.”

“God has shown us that these ‘strong men’ have already been defeated and bound by heaven’s power.”

For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. I john 3:8.

To us are given the “keys of the kingdom.” There is power to rule over the forces of darkness. We do not have to pray for it. The battle has been won in heaven; we are to bind on earth what has already been bound in heaven. And we are to loose the captives free from the bonds of enslavement which Satan has put about them.

As believers we must know this and exercise the power and authority that Christ has already given us.

Cont'd

PinkPebbles

What I’m going to post next ties in with our discussion ‘Marrying the Sin.’ I think it’s important to define what a demon is and what a strong man is to illustrate what we are dealing with here.

“Demons are evil personalities; they are spirit beings. They are the enemies of God and man. Their objectives in human beings are to tempt, deceive, accuse, condemn, pressure, defile, resist, oppose, control, steal, afflict, kill, and destroy.”

“The strongman is the ruler. Satan would often put a strongman in a person to control that person. He is the chief demon and under him there are other demons with descending order of authority. When you begin to pray for people you will find demons will come out, but the strongman might be hiding at the bottom of the heap. He will push out other demons one or many at a time instead of coming out himself. Therefore until you get to the strongman the person is not delivered.”

III. “Demons enter through ‘open doors.’ They have to be given an opportunity. There must be an opening. In other words, one does not pick up a demon by walking down the street and accidentally bumping into one that is looking for a ‘home’.”

The door for demons to enter may be opened by oneself through sins of omission and commission.

“In the fifth chapter of Galatians we find a list of seventeen ‘works of the flesh’. They include the sins of adultery, fornication, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, wrath, strife, envying, murders, drunkenness. What, then, is the relationship between the works of the flesh and the works of demons?”

“When a man or woman yields to temptation he or she sins in the flesh; through such sin the door is opened for the invasion of the enemy. Then he or she has a compounded problem – the flesh and the devil. The solution is two-folded: crucify the flesh and cast out the demons.”

“Evil spirits have no sense of fairness. They never hesitate to take full of advantage of times of weakness in a person’s life. Of course the weakest time in most lives is childhood. A child is completely dependent upon others for protection. The quickest way to understand what doors were opened for demons to enter is to hear an account of a person’s childhood.”

This statement is confirmation why me must be concerned about what’s going on in this world and be proactive for the sake of the children which is our future generation.

sweetvi

@Shimmie and @sweetvi

This discussion has prompted me to re-read my book “Pigs in the Parlor;” an excellent book on spiritual warfare and deliverance.

I’d like to highlight some excerpts by the author that is worth mentioning.

I. “There is no advantage to us in ignoring Satan’s forces and methods. This only permits Satan to work undetected and unchallenged.”

This statement is indeed profound. I had a conversation with a friend a while back and we both asked how homosexuality became so normal amongst middle and high school kids. Ten plus years ago this was not acceptable amongst the majority.

This goes to show how the enemy was subtle and strategic in working its way in the church, gov’t legislation, school system, community life, businesses, homes, social life, television, and recreation while the majority ignored it or did not take it seriously.

II. “Satan has a method – a settled plan – to conquer each one of us. Satan has his ‘strong man, ruling spirits’ appointed over nations, cities, churches, homes, and individuals. However, God has provided armour for our protection and weapons for offensive warfare. Thus, we can withstand every assault against us and launch an attack that will overthrow the enemy.”

“God has shown us that these ‘strong men’ have already been defeated and bound by heaven’s power.”

For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. I john 3:8.

To us are given the “keys of the kingdom.” There is power to rule over the forces of darkness. We do not have to pray for it. The battle has been won in heaven; we are to bind on earth what has already been bound in heaven. And we are to loose the captives free from the bonds of enslavement which Satan has put about them.

As believers we must know this and exercise the power and authority that Christ has already given us.

Cont'd

The one that just struck my heart is the verse: "we are to bind on earth what has already been bound in heaven". :yep: This is powerful if we think about it. No sin, perversion, depravity, ludeness, ratchetness is tolerated in heaven. The enemy cannot taint what is pure and holy...whoaaa. Even the enemy needs permission to approach the throne! Heaven is guarded by strong angels and not anyone can enter. However, we are privileged because we have access to heaven people. He loves us so much that we are tenants...for free! The cost has already been paid! The lord has given us the key to heaven..do you hear me? We have permission to bind and loose from Heaven unto earth. Why are we fearful, passive, and doubtful? The word is written and it is done! whoo! Sorry PinkPebbles, I got chills. This just penetrated my heart.:grin:

PinkPebbles

The one that just struck my heart is the verse: "we are to bind on earth what has already been bound in heaven". :yep: This is powerful if we think about it. No sin, perversion, depravity, ludeness, ratchetness is tolerated in heaven. The enemy cannot taint what is pure and holy...whoaaa. Even the enemy needs permission to approach the throne! Heaven is guarded by strong angels and not anyone can enter. However, we are privileged because we have access to heaven people. He loves us so much that we are tenants...for free! The cost has already been paid! The lord has given us the key to heaven..do you hear me? We have permission to bind and loose from Heaven unto earth. Why are we fearful, passive, and doubtful? The word is written and it is done! whoo! Sorry @PinkPebbles, I got chills. This just penetrated my heart.:grin:

:amen: this needed to be emphasize.

Shimmie

Staff member
What I’m going to post next ties in with our discussion ‘Marrying the Sin.’ I think it’s important to define what a demon is and what a strong man is to illustrate what we are dealing with here.

“Demons are evil personalities; they are spirit beings. They are the enemies of God and man. Their objectives in human beings are to tempt, deceive, accuse, condemn, pressure, defile, resist, oppose, control, steal, afflict, kill, and destroy.”

“The strongman is the ruler. Satan would
often put a strongman in a person to control that person. He is the chief demon and under him there are other demons with descending order of authority. When you begin to pray for people you will find demons will come out, but the strongman might be hiding at the bottom of the heap. He will push out other demons one or many at a time instead of coming out himself. Therefore until you get to the strongman the person is not delivered.”

III. “Demons enter through ‘open doors.’ They have to be given an opportunity. There must be an opening. In other words, one does not pick up a demon by walking down the street and accidentally bumping into one that is looking for a ‘home’.”

The door for demons to enter may be opened by oneself through sins of omission and commission.

“In the fifth chapter of Galatians we find a list of seventeen ‘works of the flesh’. They include the sins of adultery, fornication, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, wrath, strife, envying, murders, drunkenness. What, then, is the relationship between the works of the flesh and the works of demons?”

“When a man or woman yields to temptation he or she sins in the flesh; through such sin the door is opened for the invasion of the enemy. Then he or she has a compounded problem – the flesh and the devil. The solution is two-folded: crucify the flesh and cast out the demons.”

“Evil spirits have no sense of fairness. They never hesitate to take full of advantage of times of weakness in a person’s life. Of course the weakest time in most lives is childhood. A child is completely dependent upon others for protection. The quickest way to understand what doors were opened for demons to enter is to hear an account of a person’s childhood.”

This statement is confirmation why me must be concerned about what’s going on in this world and be proactive for the sake of the children which is our future generation.

PinkPebbles....

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Thank you for your entire post and especially for the bolded above.

It's obvious that folks not only do not know who God is, but they truly do not understand just who and how dangerous satan is. This is real and the children are the ones being targeted.

And you are right that we must be proactive for the sake of the children which are our future generation. PinkPebbles, they don't stand a chance of survival, neither spiritually nor physically. The sexual sin is sinning against their own souls and their bodies.

The scripture which says that when has sex that they have joined and have become 'one'....

I'm almost afraid to break this down when it comes to homosexuality. There is a 'spirit' behind this sexual perversion which is what attaches its self to these young children who have been molested and those who are now participating in it because they have been seduced into thinking that it is okay to have gay sex.

I am so disappointed that President Obama does not see this and that he has allowed his mind and soul to willfully clouded by this deception which is graver then death its self.

But to God be the Glory, for it is God who is still yet to have His glory in all of this.

I know we have more to share. PinkPebbles and sweetvi, I have to say that you are reading my heart as I have been fighting this for years both in and outside of this forum. I'm not giving up and it just blesses my heart so much to know that you and so many others that I admire so, share the same heart. The power that lives in you in the Word is beyond words.

I thank God for all of you. :love3: Yes I do.