Generational Curses

golden bronze

Do you believe that generational curses are still possible today? Do you believe that they can be broken? Here is one answer:

Question: "What does the Bible say about breaking generational curses?"

Answer: The Bible mentions “generational curses” in several places (Exodus 20:5; 34:7; Numbers 14:18; Deuteronomy 5:9). It sounds unfair for God to punish children for the sins of their fathers. However, this is looking at it from an earthly perspective. God knows that sin is passed down from one generation to the next. When a father has a sinful lifestyle, his children are likely to have the same sinful lifestyle as well. That is why it is not unjust for God to punish sin to the third or fourth generation – because they are committing the same sins their ancestors did. They are being punished for their own sins, not the sins of their ancestors. The Bible specifically tells us that God does not hold children accountable for the sins of their parents (Deuteronomy 24:16).

There is a trend in the church today to try and blame every sin and problem on some sort of generational curse. This is not Biblical. The cure for generational curses is salvation through Jesus Christ. When we become Christians, we are new creations (2 Corinthians 5:17). How can a child of God still be under God’s curse (Romans 8:1)? The cure, then, for a generational curse is faith in Christ and a life consecrated to Him (Romans 12:1-2).

Below is a prayer request for a family who believes to be expereincing a generational curse. The YWS family. Please pray for them.

I ask you remove whatever forces of the enemy that are attacking the YWS family in the name of Jesus by the authority of Jesus. Jesus is the name by which every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall confess, and by his stripes he has the power and authority over all. Let Jesus himself speak a word and command that this curse be broken by the power of his sacrafice and by his authority. For we know the enemy has no power except by that which the Father permits. We know that the son has power over all things given to him by the Father. We know Father, you have given all power to the Son. We call upon you right now, in the name of Jesus. We pray that the Holy Spirit fill what was taken and robbed, and that it forever be broken by the faith of the saints, in the name of Jesus, Amen.

Last edited:

Caramela

No, I do not believe that generational curses exist today... Ezekiel 18:20 teaches that the son shall no bear the iniquity of the father... Man becomes a sinner by his own (individual) wicked works.
We are not saved just because our parents are, or damned if our parents may be damned. Luckily under grace, each of us has a choice in how God will deal with us wether favorably or unfavorably... we are the determining factor, not our forefathers.

PaperClip

I believe that there are things that can come through the spiritual or natural bloodline that will continue if they have not been called out, addressed, and declared null and void through the Word, Blood, and Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Esp. for Black folk, there are so many SECRETS that don't get told and then we wonder why generations of out-of-wedlock pregnancies, broken marriages, abortions, alcoholism, continue.... Sometimes it is obvious that what the parents have done, the children do (is it the nature versus nurture question).... Or how about physical traits/conditions? Why do doctors ask about family history? There's a reason for that....

In the Bible, David loved women.... His son Solomon, LOVED women.... they both loved women to both a benefit and a fault.... Was Solomon automatically absolved from the faults of loving women? Nope.... Did Solomon love women like his father did because of a spiritual thing (generational curse) or a natural thing (repeated the seen habits of his father) or a combination of both?

Of course everything wrong isn't due to a generational curse.... And at the same time, we should be open enough to address a pattern if we see it across generations.

plainj

I believe that there are things that can come through the spiritual or natural bloodline that will continue if they have not been called out, addressed, and declared null and void through the Word, Blood, and Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Esp. for Black folk, there are so many SECRETS that don't get told and then we wonder why generations of out-of-wedlock pregnancies, broken marriages, abortions, alcoholism, continue.... Sometimes it is obvious that what the parents have done, the children do (is it the nature versus nurture question).... Or how about physical traits/conditions? Why do doctors ask about family history? There's a reason for that....

In the Bible, David loved women.... His son Solomon, LOVED women.... they both loved women to both a benefit and a fault.... Was Solomon automatically absolved from the faults of loving women? Nope.... Did Solomon love women like his father did because of a spiritual thing (generational curse) or a natural thing (repeated the seen habits of his father) or a combination of both?

Of course everything wrong isn't due to a generational curse.... And at the same time, we should be open enough to address a pattern if we see it across generations.
Yeah RR. That's right. That's what I meant. :lachen: Very well put.

PaperClip

I used to believe in them, but once I really started studying, I came to the conclusion that they are broken at the cross.

Hi, Lauren:

Question: are they AUTOMATICALLY broken at the cross? I ask it this way because I'm thinking there has to be some sort of "action" or declaration on the part of the individual that acknowedges the power, the purpose of the cross, similar to confession of salvation (e.g. Romans 10:9-10).... I believe that action is through OPEN declaration that those generational curses are broken...that demonstrates your belief and faith and also manifests that thing on a spiritual level.

Let me be clear in that I am not saying that people have to be in one's personal business, but that there is an open declaration in one's home or private place, prayer place, etc. And for some, some folk are open and want that outward witness to go along with that inward witness....

Even though Carlton Pearson now thinks otherwise, we are not all AUTOMATICALLY saved.... I perceive it that we all have EQUAL ACCESS to the cross and salvation.... we all have equal opportunity to say in general terms, something like: "Dear Lord, I now believe that Jesus Christ, Your only begotten Son, came to our earth in the flesh and died on the cross to take away all of my sins and the sins of this world. I believe that Jesus Christ then rose from the dead on the third day to give all of us eternal life. Lord Jesus, I now confess to You all of the wrong and sinful things that I have ever done in my life. I ask that You please forgive me and wash away all of my sins by the blood that You have personally shed for me on the cross. I am now ready to accept You as my personal Lord and Savior. I now ask that You come into my life and live with me for all of eternity. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

I believe that it is necessary to SPEAK, ARTICULATE, EXPRESS, DECLARE such things into earthly existence, just as the Lord God Almighty did so in the beginning:

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. AND GOD SAID, Let there be light: and there was light."

I went longer here than I intended.... I hope my original question wasn't lost in the shuffle!

springbreeze

yes i believe that exist, but i also believe they can be broken.

www.sw-mins.org/gen_curses.html

1 of 1

Southernbella.

Hi, Lauren:

Question: are they AUTOMATICALLY broken at the cross? I ask it this way because I'm thinking there has to be some sort of "action" or declaration on the part of the individual that acknowedges the power, the purpose of the cross, similar to confession of salvation (e.g. Romans 10:9-10).... I believe that action is through OPEN declaration that those generational curses are broken...that demonstrates your belief and faith and also manifests that thing on a spiritual level.

Let me be clear in that I am not saying that people have to be in one's personal business, but that there is an open declaration in one's home or private place, prayer place, etc. And for some, some folk are open and want that outward witness to go along with that inward witness....

Even though Carlton Pearson now thinks otherwise, we are not all AUTOMATICALLY saved.... I perceive it that we all have EQUAL ACCESS to the cross and salvation.... we all have equal opportunity to say in general terms, something like: "Dear Lord, I now believe that Jesus Christ, Your only begotten Son, came to our earth in the flesh and died on the cross to take away all of my sins and the sins of this world. I believe that Jesus Christ then rose from the dead on the third day to give all of us eternal life. Lord Jesus, I now confess to You all of the wrong and sinful things that I have ever done in my life. I ask that You please forgive me and wash away all of my sins by the blood that You have personally shed for me on the cross. I am now ready to accept You as my personal Lord and Savior. I now ask that You come into my life and live with me for all of eternity. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

I believe that it is necessary to SPEAK, ARTICULATE, EXPRESS, DECLARE such things into earthly existence, just as the Lord God Almighty did so in the beginning:

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. AND GOD SAID, Let there be light: and there was light."

I went longer here than I intended.... I hope my original question wasn't lost in the shuffle!

Yes, I do believe curses are automatically broken once you receive Jesus as your savior. Sorry I wasn't clear on that.

Deuteronomy 5:9,10

You shall not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me. 10And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

God says he will curse the children of those who HATE Him. I think that's pretty clear...If you don't hate God, your children won't be cursed. At the same time, God shows mercy unto thousands of those who love Him. This also seems clear to me that if you love God, He will have mercy on you.

Once you are saved (that's what I meant by the cross), then yes, whatever curses that may be on you are broken becuase

Gal 3:13

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being
made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth
on a tree:

I don't think what we see today is the work of generational curses. I believe the mess we are in is because of sin that we have let into our lives and families, and that relates to Satan. Generational curses are from God, so even if we wanted to speak against them, we couldn't, because they were God's will.

By saying we need to take any action to get ourselves delivered is, IMO, minimizing what Jesus went through. I have never seen any biblical support for us having to speak things into existence for them to work. God is God, and what He says goes. He never changes. If He said He sent His son to die for my sins, then I believe it. Why would I have to then declare it? It's already done.

Last edited:

Southernbella.

I wanted to add these prohphecies about the New Covenant:

Jeremiah 31:29-32

In those days people will no longer say, 'The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge.' Instead, everyone will die for his own sin; whoever eats sour grapes--his own teeth will be set on edge. "The time is coming," declares the Lord, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers..."

Ezekiel 18:14-16,18-20

"But suppose this son has a son who sees all the sins his father commits, and though he sees them, he does not do such things: He does not eat at the mountain shrines or look to the idols of the house of Israel... He does not oppress anyone... He does not commit robbery, but gives his food to the hungry and provides clothing for the naked... He will not die for his father's sin; he will surely live. But his father will die for his own sin, because he practiced extortion, robbed his brother and did what was wrong among his people. Yet you ask, 'Why does the son not share the guilt of his father?' Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees, he will surely live. The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him."

Southernbella.

Respectfully disagree. I think there is a value in speaking out loud, but I believe it's pointless to try to speak things into existence. We are not God.

What we CAN do is speak to ourselves out loud and remind ourselves what God's word says. I used to rebuke curses in the name of Jesus and tell Satan that he couldn't do this or that and speak that this would happen or that...Now I realize that I spent way too much time talking to the devil or to the air or to the angels or whoever...I should have been talking to God...or myself.

I should have spoken out loud that I believe God's word, and that I have faith in what He said because He said it. Because really, isn't that what this all is? A faith problem? We have made a habit of making Christ and the Cross insufficient. Where did we get the idea that we had to do and say all this extra stuff to receive what God said was ours if we only believe?

If there is sin in our lives, it's up to US to change it. We can ask God for strength to deal with it, but ultimately, we have the choice to live righteously or not. When we begin to live righteously, our children and their children will see our love for God and (hopefully) model that, and THAT'S what will get rid of the sin in our homes. IMHO:grin:

MindTwister

Dont have anything to say on the topic but Lauren I just had to say that I enjoy reading your takes on the Word. It always make me look at things in a different perspective :)
Ritght now I was telling myself that I wish you had a book discussing your takes on different topics lol

Last edited:

MindTwister

Respectfully disagree. I think there is a value in speaking out loud, but I believe it's pointless to try to speak things into existence. We are not God.

What we CAN do is speak to ourselves out loud and remind ourselves what God's word says. I used to rebuke curses in the name of Jesus and tell Satan that he couldn't do this or that and speak that this would happen or that...Now I realize that I spent way too much time talking to the devil or to the air or to the angels or whoever...I should have been talking to God...or myself.

I should have spoken out loud that I believe God's word, and that I have faith in what He said because He said it. Because really, isn't that what this all is? A faith problem? We have made a habit of making Christ and the Cross insufficient. Where did we get the idea that we had to do and say all this extra stuff to receive what God said was ours if we only believe?

I'm going to ask a question that probably has nothing to do with the topic but the bold makes me want to ask: do you believe in spiritual warfare and if so what is spiritual warfare to you?

About not speaking to the devil, didnt Jesus do so when he was casting out demons? And by what Jesus said in Matthew 10:8, wasn't He encouraging us to speak to the enemy because He gave us the authority to do so?

Last edited:

PaperClip

If there is sin in our lives, it's up to US to change it. We can ask God for strength to deal with it, but ultimately, we have the choice to live righteously or not. When we begin to live righteously, our children and their children will see our love for God and (hopefully) model that, and THAT'S what will get rid of the sin in our homes. IMHO:grin:

But that's it! When we're speaking out loud, we're actually speaking things into existence.... Of course we're not God, but we're "like" God, yes? Made in His image? When we speak God's word, we're His MOUTHPIECES, and I submit that we're operating in our God-given authority as believers....

I wholeheartedly AGREE with you that some of the saints spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME talking to the devil.... and that we would do much better to pray in our heavenly language and speak the word of God, which edifies us. I also agree with you about our power of decision as well....:yep:

Southernbella.

Dont have anything to say on the topic but Lauren I just had to say that I enjoy your reading your takes on the Word. It always make look at things in a different perspective :)
Ritght now I was telling myself that I wish you had a book discussing your takes on different topics lol

Thank you! I don't know about a book though...:lachen:

envybeauty

This post reminded me of the following:

Mark 11:12-14, 19-25

The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again." And his disciples heard him say it.

When evening came, they went out of the city.

In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. Peter remembered and said to Jesus, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!"

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, `Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

Jesus didn't speak to God when he encountered difficulties in this case. He spoke direclty to the fig tree. When questioned about it, he used the example of a mountain. He could have said speak to God to move the mountain/fig tree but he didn't. He said to speak TO the mountain.

Southernbella.

I'm going to ask a question that probably has nothing to do with the topic but the bold makes me want to ask: do you believe in spiritual warfare and if so what is spiritual warfare to you?

About not speaking to devil, didnt Jesus do so when he was casting out demons? And by what Jesus said in Matthew 10:8, wasn't He encouraging us to speak to the enemy because He gave us the authority to do so?

Well, I believe in spiritual warfare according to

Ephesians 6:10-20

10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

The weapons are things believers are already equipped with...salvation, faith, prayer, truth, etc. I don't interpret any of this to mean rebuking the devil or casting out demons (Jesus told the disciples to do this in Matthew 10:8, but I've never seen where Christians are instructed to do this).

So yes, I believe what the Word says about powers/principalities, but I also believe God when He says that if we submit to Him and resist the devil, he will flee. The devil is already defeated, so I don't have to go on the offensive.

Southernbella.

But that's it! When we're speaking out loud, we're actually speaking things into existence.... Of course we're not God, but we're "like" God, yes? Made in His image? When we speak God's word, we're His MOUTHPIECES, and I submit that we're operating in our God-given authority as believers....

I wholeheartedly AGREE with you that some of the saints spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME talking to the devil.... and that we would do much better to pray in our heavenly language and speak the word of God, which edifies us. I also agree with you about our power of decision as well....:yep:

How so? God's word already exists, so we are just speaking things that we already know are true. We already know the enemy is defeated. We already know that curses are broken because God said it in His word. We may be talking semantics here, but I don't believe we as humans have the power to make things happen just by speaking about them. Only God has that power. If our will lines up with His, then we may see tangible results, but otherwise, it's fruitless, IMO.

PaperClip

How so? God's word already exists, so we are just speaking things that we already know are true. We already know the enemy is defeated. We already know that curses are broken because God said it in His word. We may be talking semantics here, but I don't believe we as humans have the power to make things happen just by speaking about them. Only God has that power. If our will lines up with His, then we may see tangible results, but otherwise, it's fruitless, IMO.

Goes back to my question about it being automatic for everybody, including non-believers? Or am I understanding you to say that once a person confesses Christ that the curses are broken? I think if that were the case, believers would all be in perfect health, spiritually and naturally, but we are not because in part, because of what you said, our sins and transgressions that we commit now, knowingly or unknowingly.

But what about again, those conditions, situations, that we can obviously see across generations that have gone unaddressed spiritually and naturally? I'll use my family for example: issues with out-of-wedlock pregnancies. Through at least two generations. Another one is children dying before the parents. We had a family reunion a couple of years back and I did the family tree. Through at least 3 generations, I saw a pattern of children passing before their parents. My own grandmother lost her two daughters. My grandmother is still alive. And then me: I almost died six years ago. My father almost lost me (this is my dad's side of the family I'm talking about.... Yes, some of the deaths were due to poor decisions. My particular case: physician error ended me up in intensive care. So on the natural side, maybe some of this could have been avoided. But spiritually speaking, I believe that "curse" can be (and has been) exposed and we speak the Word of God over that curse and command that that curse is cut off at the root and it will not continue through another generation, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

This is spiritual warfare that MindTwister was referring to.... Now we don't spend ALL DAY on spiritual warfare, but we do like Jesus did with the fig tree and then go on through our lives in faith, thanking and praising the Lord that the curse of premature death is broken....

Also, I am not exactly sure that generational curses come from God...in that God does not put a curse on somebody....but that maybe curses are "allowed"(?) or come as a result of disobedience....

Also, because God is a spirit, the Lord needs a body to operate on this planet. That's why God came on planet earth in the embodiement of the Jesus Christ. Believers yield their bodies to the Lord so He (Holy Spirit) can operate here.... "our bodies is the temple of the Lord"....

trini_rican

I didn't believe in them but a girlfriend gave me a book about it and there's a prayer in there that I'm going to post in a few. I'll also give you the name and author of the book. They do exist - this book references the wars of Africa and the unrest there it says that due to religious practices the curse is upon the people. It's true the curse can be broken but most people aren't aware that they even exist so it goes un-removed and leads to the distruction of generations.

ETA: The name of the book is "Unbroken Curses- Hidden Source of Trouble in the Christian's Life" Rebecca Brown, M.D. and Daniel Yoder.

Last edited:

trini_rican

This book states that if we ask, the Holy Spirit will show us truth and bring to our minds those sins that we have forgotten so we can confess them and be clensed from them. He will reveal to us any curses that are active in our lives - all we have to do is ask.

Ask the Holy Spirit to bring the forgotten past sin that haven't been repented for to your remembrance.

Many ask how can I know if there is a curse operating in my life - again, ask the Holy Spirit to show it to you.

This book will change your life. It speaks of reasons why you could have a curse in your life. It could be as simple as an artifact made in Mexico/or other country, in the name or dedicated to a demonic god. Bringing into your home can make your home un-holy. Venturing into unholy places and interacting with people who deal in the occult. It's amazing - scary and enlightning.

PaperClip

This book states that if we ask, the Holy Spirit will show us truth and bring to our minds those sins that we have forgotten so we can confess them and be clensed from them. He will reveal to us any curses that are active in our lives - all we have to do is ask.

Ask the Holy Spirit to bring the forgotten past sin that haven't been repented for to your remembrance.

Many ask how can I know if there is a curse operating in my life - again, ask the Holy Spirit to show it to you.

This book will change your life. It speaks of reasons why you could have a curse in your life. It could be as simple as an artifact made in Mexico/or other country, in the name or dedicated to a demonic god. Bringing into your home can make your home un-holy. Venturing into unholy places and interacting with people who deal in the occult. It's amazing - scary and enlightning.

Good points....

trini_rican

If a curse is from God follow these steps to break it(according to this book);

Step 1. Acknowledge your own sin and the sins of your forefathers. Then confess them to God and repent for them, asking for forgiveness and cleansing. Separate yourself from sin and those things which displease God. Change your life!

Step 2. Ask God to remove the curse He has placed on your life.
Step 3. Command any demons that came into your life through the sins to leave you at once in the name of Jesus.

If the curse if from Satan and he has the legal right to do so, these are the steps to take (according to this book);

Step 1. Confess and acknowledge the sin that gave Satan and/or his servants the right to place the curse on you. Repent and ask God for forgiveness and cleansing.

Step 2. Speaking out loud, take authority over the curse in the name of Jesus Christ, and command it to be broken at once.

Example: "In the name of Jesus Christ, I take authority over this curse of ___________________ and I command it to be broken now!!

Step 3. Command all demon spirits associated with the curse to leave you immediately in the name of Jesus.

Example: " In the name of Jesus Christ, I command all demon spirits associated with this curse to leave me now!!!

If Satan has cursed you without the legitimate right to do so, then do the following; (according to this book)
Step 1. Speaking out loud, take authority over the curse in the name of Jesus Christ, and command it to be broken at once.

Example:" In the name of Jesus Christ, I take authority over this curse of _______________, and I command it to be broken now!!!

Step 2. Command all the demon spirits associated with the curse to leave you immediately.

Example: "In the name of Jesus Christ, I command all demon spirits associated with this curse to leave me now!!!"

These are the basic steps to breaking curses. HTHs

trini_rican

You'll say wow after this; (According to this book)

Authority and Responsiblity

Unfortunately, some Christians believe that they don't have to bother with curses at all. They assume that God will handle them. However, Jesus specifically told us that He was giving us authority over Satan and his kingdom. (see Luke 10:19; Mark 16:17; and 2 Corinthians 7:1) With authority comes responsibility. It is our responsibility to break any curses sent onto us. Jesus Christ gave us the power to do so, and He expects us to use the authority given to us in His name. pg 25 at the bottom right.

MindTwister

Well, I believe in spiritual warfare according to

Ephesians 6:10-20

10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

The weapons are things believers are already equipped with...salvation, faith, prayer, truth, etc. I don't interpret any of this to mean rebuking the devil or casting out demons (Jesus told the disciples to do this in Matthew 10:8, but I've never seen where Christians are instructed to do this).

So yes, I believe what the Word says about powers/principalities, but I also believe God when He says that if we submit to Him and resist the devil, he will flee. The devil is already defeated, so I don't have to go on the offensive.
hmmm it's interesting the distinction u make in the bolded... I'm confused:) Aren't the disciples Christians also?

U gotta think about that book miss Lady, I'd probably the first one to buy it:grin: