Mahalialee4... I need your opinion

fancypants007

I want to start giving myself henna treatments when I come out of braids. I've ordered the 100% pure henna from catherine wright jones website (Mehandi) I think it is. Do you think its a good idea to start giving myself treatments? I'm just so afraid of doing something that I may regret later. I know henna is suppose to improve your hair, making it shiny, healthy, and strong, but I also heard it can make your hair dry especially if your hair is already dry. Most of us have dry hair which is why we are so diligent in putting moisture on our hair. I want to strengthen my hair as well as get color and I know it will be messy, but do you think it's worth it! I decided to give myself a hot oil treatment the day before my treatment with olive oil or coconut oil leaving it in all night. The next day wash my hair, and allow it to air dry. Once clean and dry, I will apply the henna. I will add at least 2Tbs. of honey to my henna mix to help combat the dryness. Let me know what you think. Thanking you in advance.

Mahalialee4

My Opinion is: First you have to make up your own mind one way or another. You decide if and when you are going to use it. Then if you make that personal decision, I could suggest the following: Add oil to the henna. Condition well after. The other things you plan to do sounds reasonable. Hope this helps. Hope you are pleased with the results. Happy Hair Growing. Bonjour