Do you apply your henna to dry oiled hair?

How do YOU henna?

• Total voters
You guys I have read all of your responses and I'm hoping you can answer my questions...

I'm texlaxed, growing toward Midback (a little past bra-strap)...

Questions:
Will henna harm my texlaxed hair?
Will it add richer color and shine?
Will it cover my gray strands (I have like 14 gray strands on my entire head) if I use Indigo and...what?

I have almost black hair and I would like it to be "rich black" if you know what I mean.

I am completely new to Henna, but would appreciate some feedback. Right now I use a demi - permanent rinse by Wella, but my roots grow in within 2 weeks and I'm right back to square one.

I'm not ready to SHOW gray. :)

You guys I have read all of your responses and I'm hoping you can answer my questions...

I'm texlaxed, growing toward Midback (a little past bra-strap)...

Questions:
Will henna harm my texlaxed hair?
Will it add richer color and shine?
Will it cover my gray strands (I have like 14 gray strands on my entire head) if I use Indigo and...what?

I have almost black hair and I would like it to be "rich black" if you know what I mean.

I am completely new to Henna, but would appreciate some feedback. Right now I use a demi - permanent rinse by Wella, but my roots grow in within 2 weeks and I'm right back to square one.

I'm not ready to SHOW gray. :)

I would be cautious about this. I have seen people with perms try henna and have disastrous results where I have seen others use it with no problem. I think you may want to do a strand test.

lana if you are looking to darken your hair I think you will need indigo. Ive never used that though.

when I was relaxed/texlaxed I used henna regularly with no issue (always mixed in oil and a bit of moisturizing conditioner) and did a moisturizing DC after

Oh and I apply to damp hair after co-washing (I mix my henna with warm water, oil ACV and conditioner)

I apply to dry hair nowadays. Been henna'ing for about 2 maybe 2 1/2 years and used to do it on clean (usually clarified) damp hair but found that either way (damp or dry) the results are the same; and doing it on dry shortens on the time quite a bit since it's one less trip in and out of the shower. My current mix is just moroccan henna (soon to be red raj when it's finally stocked!), a can of coconut milk and generic biolage from sally's. i used to add JBCO or QH OHHB but have since eliminated using any oils. finding that simpler is better

I usually go to the Indian shop every 5 weeks to get a head massage with oils then apply the henna afterwards. I go home and keep the henna on for a couple hours then wash my hair. My hair is then so shiny and beautiful. Love love henna.

Back