For anyone who is interested.... henna treatment was a success

fancypants007

Hello all, I finally did my henna treatment this past weekend, and I now have hand in hair disease. I purchased my henna from catherine-wright jones website and it turned out very nice. My hair is soft, tangles are less, the curls are a bit looser and I have a tint of color to my almost black, dark brown hair and my hair has a shine/sheen to it. I don't do too much with my hair, only condition and put it in 8 braids and then wear a wig for about a week and then go get it cornrowed. But like I said, I have hand in hair disease because I keep taking down the plaits and feeling my hair and playing in it. It feels so very good. I am so very pleased because I know henna has the tendency to make your hair dry, but my hair is very conditioned and soft. I will continue to do this treatment every 6 weeks as my strengthener. I also purchased some meadowfoam seed oil that Jade21 recommended and put this on my hair after my henna treatment. This oil is very moisturizing like Jade21 said. I am finally getting products that are doing good by my hair. I now consider henna, and meadowseed foam oil to be staples in my hair regime. I am so excited, just wanted to share. Don't be made if I don't have any pictures, I know this is something that I have to do, and I will... I will.

Brilliant!!Glad your hair turned out well. Your hair sounds very pretty
i tried henna and it didn't turn out well, my hair was hard hard hard, i conditioned with humectress too. i don't think i'll try it again.

I hear some people talk about henna should not be applied to relaxed hair because it may cause breakage but my African friend uses it and her hair is just nice. which one did you use? and i may have heard wrong i really need some sort of deep conditioner for my hair!

Hey Den, did you ever check out catherine wright-jones websiste? She claims that she uses nothing but "quality" henna and she states that many are disappointed because of using the ones that are prepackaged or premixed. I was scared, but I went ahead with it because of the good things I heard about henna, i.e., strengthening your hair, reducing split ends, and the natural way to color without chemicals. She has a forum about henna and I applied what some of the ladies recommended. I used orange juice to release the stain in the henna, (lemon juice could be more drying to already dry hair) and I added honey to my mixture. I preconditioned before the henna by putting oil on each section of my hair and putting it in a bantu knot. I took down each section and henna it. The henna went on real easy, and I didn't even have that much of a mess to clean up. It was great. I'm just so excited that it turned out well for me. Check out catherine wright-jones website.

aliajp said:
I hear some people talk about henna should not be applied to relaxed hair because it may cause breakage but my African friend uses it and her hair is just nice. which one did you use? and i may have heard wrong i really need some sort of deep conditioner for my hair!

Hey girl, I used the "body art quality" kind from catherine wright-jones. Her website is: www.mehandi.com. She has a lot of information on her site as well as the forum. I remember from my days in college, my roommate had dark brown hair but after hennaing her hair it had this burgurgany stain to it and her hair was so shiny. Her hair was relaxed and it was beautiful. I learned the hard way, just like Den1. I purchased henna products from the bss and drugstores that I thought was henna, but it wasn't. My hair turned out dry, and brittle. I have since learned that "real" henna is orange/red in color and that indigo is the black henna. You will find the technical names for each one on catherine's website. My hair has a coppery red stain to it, very subtle but I can see the difference. I love it! They say the color will deepen the more you henna your hair. I am very pleased with the results. My hair is natural and my curls are a bit loose. I'm going to get cornrows on Friday and when I take them down, six weeks later, I will reapply henna at that time. Check out her website.

Wow, I'm glad that you had great results. I've been interested in her product for a hot minute now, thanks for the review!

fancypants007 said:
Hey Den, did you ever check out catherine wright-jones websiste? She claims that she uses nothing but "quality" henna and she states that many are disappointed because of using the ones that are prepackaged or premixed. I was scared, but I went ahead with it because of the good things I heard about henna, i.e., strengthening your hair, reducing split ends, and the natural way to color without chemicals. She has a forum about henna and I applied what some of the ladies recommended. I used orange juice to release the stain in the henna, (lemon juice could be more drying to already dry hair) and I added honey to my mixture. I preconditioned before the henna by putting oil on each section of my hair and putting it in a bantu knot. I took down each section and henna it. The henna went on real easy, and I didn't even have that much of a mess to clean up. It was great. I'm just so excited that it turned out well for me. Check out catherine wright-jones website.
Yes, i viewed Catherine's website before, the information was very detailed. I had already bought henna from a local cash and carry and i decided to use it. i will never purchase a product like that again. I am going to purchase the correct quality this time. Thanks for your help?

Back