Lush H'Suan Wen Hua DC

veggiegirl314

Has anyone tried this before? I bought it on a whim today at Lush, and I'm pre-pooing with it now. I absolutely fell in love with the ingredient list:

Fresh Bay Infusion (Laurus nobilis), Fresh Watercress Infusion (Nasturtium officinale), Fresh Free Range Eggs, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Fresh Bananas (Musa paradisiaca), Fresh Avocado (Persea gratissima), Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Lanolin, Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum cassia), Lecithin, *Cinnamyl Alcohol, *Cinnamal, *Eugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

*Naturally occurs in essential oils

The smell is pretty terrible (smells like vinegar), but hopefully my results are good! I'll let you all know how it turns out. :)

Last edited:

*fabulosity*

I liked it. I gave it to Eisani.. I'm sure she'll do a product review on it.. if she can find it in her general store... lmao!

veggiegirl314

Okay, I'm back.

I left it in for an hour (with a heating cap). I rinsed out my hair, and it felt fine. Didn't feel super moisturized or anything.

I'm going to let it airdry and see how it feels from there. So far, I'm not super impressed...especially considering how much I paid for it.

vkb247

Did it suds up when you rinsed? It has interesting ingredients, but it also has a harsh detergent that seems like it would strip away any moisturization you do get. Maybe, if you don't like it as a dc, you should try it as a poo..

*fabulosity*

Okay, I'm back.

I left it in for an hour (with a heating cap). I rinsed out my hair, and it felt fine. Didn't feel super moisturized or anything.

I'm going to let it airdry and see how it feels from there. So far, I'm not super impressed...especially considering how much I paid for it.

I used it pre poo....

veggiegirl314

It didn't lather up at all.

I also did it on dry hair (as a pre-poo). Perhaps I won't use heat next time, or maybe I'll try leaving it on overnight. We'll see. I'm not giving up on it yet!

veggiegirl314

Okay, update time!

My hair is just about dry, and it is SO SOFT. I've been natural for about 3 weeks now, and this is the most moisturized it has felt. Period.

I think I'm in love...

TeaKyoo

They put SLS in very small amounts to help cleans the DC out of hair. It is has very heavy ingredients and they want people with all types of hair to use it. They love their SLS and have no problem using it eventhough they espouse being a environment friendly company. Edited see bottom:

Well that is what I found out when I talked a Lush expert.

I just bought Jasmine-and-Henna-Fluff-Eaze today against my better judgment:wallbash: I shouldn't of gone to Lush without a guardian present.

I haven't used it yet but I plan on DC this weekend so I will report back. Smells divine like real jasmine and looks like cinnamon pudding :lick:

Red Henna Infusion (Lawsonia inermis), Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Benzyl Alcohol, Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Brazil Nut Oil (Bertholletia Excelsa), Coconut Butter (Cocos nucifera), Hemp Oil (Cannabis sativa), Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), *Benzyl Salicylate, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Farnesol, *Geraniol, *Linalool, Hydroxycitronellol, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

Treehugger.com
Cosmetics
by Lush have been enjoyed, loved and admired by one and all, especially for their natural ingredients and minimal packaging (yep, products are sold naked). All that said, eco-users had lately been perturbed at a shampoo content called Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) which was present in Lush shampoos too. This chemical allows soaps and shampoos to foam by letting oil in soaps to mix with water. But finally things seem to have moved to the greener pastures.

The deal with SLS is that it has been long associated with causing cancer. Though that is yet to be proven, but what we do know is that it causes some serious health problems like eye-damage. In fact, traces of SLS have been detected in the heart, liver and lungs too, and if things don’t improve then it can harm the immune system too. Also, SLS is harsh on the scalp causing allergic reactions.

Thankfully, Lush has replaced the dangerous chemical with Sodium Coco-sulfate, which is a made from coconut oil. It is gentler on the scalp while still being effective permitting the combination of water and oil.

Via treehugger

Last edited:

TeaKyoo

More info cuz I am a Lush freak and their use of SLS always perturbed me. I didn't understand why everyone was so anti SLS when I loved their products. I understand why they wanted to oils in their conditioners not to separate from rest of ingredients thus turning off customers to mixing before they used the DC.

EDITED TO ADD: This is from http://eco-chick.com
Even more good news – LUSH has recently eliminated sodium lauryl sulfates (SLS) from many of their solid shampoo formulations. The new and improved formula uses a gentle, natural alternative derived from pure coconut oil.

From the LUSH website:

Sodium coco-sulfate is less irritating than SLS because it removes less moisture from the top layers of skin. For people with sensitive skin (prone to dermatitis, acne, eczema, psoriasis, and chemical sensitivity), the drying property of SLS may cause flare-ups of skin conditions or may worsen existing conditions. Sodium coco-sulfate also leaves hair and skin wonderfully soft and conditioned.

The solid shampoos that are now SLS free are Karma Komba, New!, Seanik, Soak & Float, Squeaky Green and Ultimate Shine. (Now if only they would nix the synthetic perfumes!)

Another thing I love about these solid shampoos is that a little goes a long way and one little bar will last you months on end. Mine usually lasts for up to 3 months of almost daily use. It’s easy to use, too – you can either apply it directly to your wet hair, or wet it and rub it between your hands and then apply the lather to your hair.

Last edited:

alittlestar

I have been wanting to try this and their jasmine and henna fluff...Let us know how it goes.

I've used the jasmin and henna fluff and I like it alot. My hair was so soft and manageable. The item is pricey for the size of the container but most of the lush items are. I do like it enough to repurchase in the future.

Sui Topi

Thanks TeaKyoo that really irked me too! I was looking for a more moisturizing soap for my son's dry skin and when I looked at the ingredients...... as cool as they seem it sounded so counter productive. But my question is, why don't they just irradicate it completely now? Why only a few shampoos? They need to revamp their whole ingredient lists if they are trying to push this "natural" and "vegan" thing. When I saw the ingredients legend where they described the items listed in black as synthetic but completely safe (including SLS) I was like what the lol? I thought this made lab rats go blind?

Eisani

I liked it. I gave it to Eisani.. I'm sure she'll do a product review on it.. if she can find it in her general store... lmao!
I know where it is, sheesh. I have it on my list to use this week. One thing about it that confused me was it said it's basically a rinse out leave in :eh: How's that? I'll see what happens.