Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2024

What problem are you looking to resolve so you CAN have Luscious, Healthy Ends in 2024?

• Total voters

MzSwift

I'mma gone head and post this in here too...

I have been doing Fenugreek rinses on my hair for the past week. I took the soaked seeds water put it into a container in the fridge and then added the sprouted rinses to the container.

Now that I'm done rinsing my sprouts, I've been using that mixture with hot water to warm it up and pouring it onto my cornrows as a rinse. I lean over the bathroom sink and pour it onto my hair and scalp from the nape and then each side, pushing it into my cornrows to ensure that it's adequately soaked. Then I lightly scratch my scalp with my nails and then apply my scalp tonic (burdock root, nettle root, horsetail leaves and hibiscus petals infused into almond oil + peppermint eo) wrap with a Tshirt to dry til damp and then apply a moisturizing cheapie condish and a hair oil. I did that 3-4 days last week. The other 3 days or so, I cleansed my hair with my shikakai/neem cleanser.

1- My cornrows did not last a week! lol

Day 1 to Day 7

1711915102305.png 1711915118817.png

2- My skin felt really nice where the rinse touched my forehead and neck. So I thought,:think:, I just figured out a way to use up my sprouts when I've gotten enough rinse from them! I'm going to try a nighttime skin treatment using the Fenugreek sprouts I've been preserving in the fridge. I'm going to mash them into a paste and see how I like it! Fingers crossed!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I'mma gone head and post this in here too...

I have been doing Fenugreek rinses on my hair for the past week. I took the soaked seeds water put it into a container in the fridge and then added the sprouted rinses to the container.

Now that I'm done rinsing my sprouts, I've been using that mixture with hot water to warm it up and pouring it onto my cornrows as a rinse. I lean over the bathroom sink and pour it onto my hair and scalp from the nape and then each side, pushing it into my cornrows to ensure that it's adequately soaked. Then I lightly scratch my scalp with my nails and then apply my scalp tonic (burdock root, nettle root, horsetail leaves and hibiscus petals infused into almond oil + peppermint eo) wrap with a Tshirt to dry til damp and then apply a moisturizing cheapie condish and a hair oil. I did that 3-4 days last week. The other 3 days or so, I cleansed my hair with my shikakai/neem cleanser.

1- My cornrows did not last a week! lol

Day 1 to Day 7

View attachment 495311 View attachment 495313

2- My skin felt really nice where the rinse touched my forehead and neck. So I thought,:think:, I just figured out a way to use up my sprouts when I've gotten enough rinse from them! I'm going to try a nighttime skin treatment using the Fenugreek sprouts I've been preserving in the fridge. I'm going to mash them into a paste and see how I like it! Fingers crossed!
I don’t understand the reason that the cornrows didn’t last the week. Do they usually last the week with other processes? Did the process soften the hair so that the cornrows loosened up and thus, they did not last?

Those cornrows look long, thick and shiny. Your hair looks so healthy. It has the 'well cared for and nurtured' hair look!

Last edited:

MzSwift

I don’t understand the reason that the cornrows didn’t last the week. Do they usually last the week with other processes? Did the process soften the hair so that the cornrows loosened up and thus, they did not last?

Those cornrows look long, thick and shiny. Your hair looks so healthy. It has the 'well cared for and nurtured' hair look!

Thank you! :kiss:

Whenever I soak my hair daily, I have to redo my cornrows weekly. I tried something for Feb where I only cleansed once a week and then sprayed my hair with my water bottle daily throughout the week and M&S daily. As I expected, the style lasted and I re-did them every 2 weeks. BUT, to me, that wasn't a win, I want to feel the little bumps and waves of new growth! I don't care about the style, I want growth! So I've decided to go back to daily watering since my hair loves that and this is how they look after a week. lol

I used to think it was the manipulation from M&Sing daily, rubbing on the product, but I was able to go two weeks in between refreshing even while doing that. It's only when I soak my hair daily that I get the new bumps and waves or maybe loosening. I don't manipulate my hair during the rinses or cleansing.

I don't want to rush to call this growth but I feel NEW bumps and waves when I soak my hair more frequently and it's always been like that. I got the inspiration from a pretty lady in another thread talking about doing mermaid soaks. I won't take a bath daily but I can soak my hair using these rinses. I'm also thinking of alternating in a Hibiscus and Bhringraj rinse on days that I don't use the sprout rinse.

Chicoro

Thank you! :kiss:

Whenever I soak my hair daily, I have to redo my cornrows weekly. I tried something for Feb where I only cleansed once a week and then sprayed my hair with my water bottle daily throughout the week and M&S daily. As I expected, the style lasted and I re-did them every 2 weeks. BUT, to me, that wasn't a win, I want to feel the little bumps and waves of new growth! I don't care about the style, I want growth! So I've decided to go back to daily watering since my hair loves that and this is how they look after a week. lol

I used to think it was the manipulation from M&Sing daily, rubbing on the product, but I was able to go two weeks in between refreshing even while doing that. It's only when I soak my hair daily that I get the new bumps and waves or maybe loosening. I don't manipulate my hair during the rinses or cleansing.

I don't want to rush to call this growth but I feel NEW bumps and waves when I soak my hair more frequently and it's always been like that. I got the inspiration from a pretty lady in another thread talking about doing mermaid soaks. I won't take a bath daily but I can soak my hair using these rinses. I'm also thinking of alternating in a Hibiscus and Bhringraj rinse on days that I don't use the sprout rinse.
Go on and say it and CLAIM it!!!

The daily soaking of your hair optimizes and expedites your hair growth.

Gotcha!

Runs to look for Mermaid Soaks :roadrunner:

EDIT: I remember now.

( @Kitamita , post # 105 and post # 108 , in the thread entitled, "What is the LONGEST your hair has EVER been???", started by @curtrece.

And @Kitamita detailed it more here :

Thread started by @Kitamita
Thread title: Hydration Observation Bath vs Shower
Post #1,#5, #12 and #13.

Last edited:

Chicoro

@MzSwift ,

I like to saturate my ends nightly, then coat with castor oil and Shea butter. Then, I pull the hair on top of my head and put a baggie on top. I call this my Nightly Ends Routine. I soak my ends but not my roots. But, I too love the way my hair feels when I soak it.

Last edited:

Chicoro

Shea butter is not just about gaining or adding length.

Shea butter imparts an 'otherwordly' quality to afro-textured hair, in terms of length, thickness and health. I can just 'see it' and spot it. Not all the time, but lots of times.

BUT...it can't out health hair practices that are breaking and damaging the hair. If you have a hair care process and routine that is not causing any breakage, and you add Shea butter, it is in this situation that Shea butter shines brightly.

Good hair routine + Shea butter = Other Wordly Looking Hair (many times, but not all the time). Alright now...

Getting in position
1711961395942.png

And I know

It's not
1711961453574.png

Running away

1711961568587.png
With me

1711961636490.png

:giggle: :giggle:

Last edited:

MzSwift

@MzSwift ,

Another question... Do you cover your head with plastic when do the Mermaid process? I think you say sometimes you do. But with which technique or process, or at which step specifically, please?

Before when I was daily rinsing, it was bc I was showering daily before work. My hair was always in minibraids or cornrows. I think that's an important component to note bc I'm not sure how I would do this on loose hair. My braids were worn out (usually in a ponytail, sometimes down) so that they could dry throughout the day. It would be dry by bedtime. Then before bed, I would drench it in my product, and then cover with a plastic cap overnight. Even then, I only GHE'd about 3 times a week. When I started cutting back on the daily rinsing, I would do like you and bun baggie at night. I did that almost daily.

Now that I'm not working outside of the home, my hair is always covered. So with these rinses, my hair stays damp. I have to take off my satin cap while I'm reading in bed to let my hair dry so that I can cover it again for sleep. So I'm not even needing to baggie. BUT I do it on days when I don't cleanse or rinse. Like yesterday, I didn't do either so I baggied overnight instead. Because I'm just reintroducing the daily rinsing, it not yet a set regi but I don't see myself changing that. I will continue to baggie on days where no water has touched my hair that day. I hope that makes sense.

On another note, it's so rare that we see your face. You're so pretty!! And you're rocking that red lip. :yep:

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Shea butter is not just about gaining or adding length.

Shea butter imparts an 'otherwordly' quality to afro-textured hair, in terms of length, thickness and health. I can just 'see it' and spot it. Not all the time, but lots of times.

BUT...it can't out health hair practices that are breaking and damaging the hair. If you have a hair care process and routine that is not causing any breakage, and you add Shea butter, it is in this situation that Shea butter shines brightly.

Good hair routine + Shea butter = Other Wordly Looking Hair (many times, but not all the time). Alright now...

Getting in position
View attachment 495319

And I know

It's not
View attachment 495321

Running away

View attachment 495323
With me

View attachment 495325

:giggle: :giggle:
This made me laugh so loud lol

snoop

There were two ladies, a long time ago, who talked about using fenugreek water to heal eczema. If I remember, it was completely anecdotal and they weren't sure if it was the fenugreek or not. (It might have been one person who discovered and the other saying that they'd try...I don't know... it's not that important who said what.)

I haven't tried it, but I'd thought about it once we got into sprouting seeds. I should give it a go.

snoop

I'm going to double post this photo and comment a bit more in the Grow It Long thread.

I took my mini twists down at the end of the last week. Then yesterday, I washed my hair. I think that my ends look pretty good loose! I don't think that I've had ends like this before. This is encouraging.

LHCF_Apr_Ends.png

Chicoro

This lady is NOT a Shea butter user per se. She has some incredible, beautiful, super thick, full and even ends. The texture of her straightened hair is gorgeous and it looks very different. It is really beautiful.

I've never seen hair quite like hers before.

This is her current length.

This was her length before:

Last edited:

Chicoro

I posted same day, but different photos in the Grow it Long 2024 thread.

I think my hair is back to its length I had in 2022. I am starting to suspect that Olaplex may have broken off my hair. I ditched all Olaplex products in Jan 2023.

I use the fenugreek/rosemary/clove oil several times a week. I love to apply it at night and put a bag on my head. The cloves smell so pretty. Thanks @newgrowth15 again for all the inspiration and instructions. I transfer my oil to a dropper bottle. It keeps me from being too heavy handed with the oil and I add just enough so it is not pouring down my face and neck.

My hair feels soft and it is not as wiry as it usually is. My ends are fuller, too. I keep my ends coated with castor oil and Shea butter. I baggie the braids at night. I may re-start baggy -ing my braids during the day, too.

In the phot, my braids hang longer because I changed up the stats a little bit for the re-braid.

Stats of these braids:

• Did not saturate section/bantu knot of hair section with water before braiding.
  • Did not put SCURL on the hair.
  • Did not braid hair tightly down the length.

HairApril13th2024 C.jpeg

Last edited:

GettingKinky

I went 2 weeks between washes instead of my usual 1. I know I should expect twice as much shed hair, but I think maybe the extra tangling also causes more hair loss.
When I wash my hair every 3-4 days I hardly lose any hair, but I don’t have the time/energy to wash that often unless I go back to bunning.

MzSwift

@Chicoro

OK, I see you Lady in Red!! Your skin is glowing and, from what you wrote, it's not from oil. :lachen:
Your braids look sooo soft! I really like the look of the loose braids, so pretty.

My ends are still tucked under my satin cap and bandana pretty much 24/7. I've been lazy lately about M&Sing daily due to exhaustion. BIG changes in my family dynamics these past few weeks have caused me to do a lot more to stabilize my family. My little one is on the Spectrum and even good changes cause really bad emotional swings for him. Between that and trying knock out some home improvement projects, I've literally been crashing at night, not even falling asleep in bed. I did manage to GHE one night and the other day I washed w black soap and did the water treatment on my ends.

Sometime last week, I went ahead and poured the rest of my Fenugreek + Hibiscus tea on my hair. Time to sprout some more! I didn't get to use the last sprouts on my face. In fact, they're still in the fridge. :shocked:

I'll try to have some check in photos at my next texlax at the end of the month but it's so soon after EOTY photos that I'm not really wanting to check yet. I like to do them at least 6 months apart so that I can feel more encouraged by my progress. So probably June. And then I'll have 6 months to make any changes if I see issues.

Chicoro

@Chicoro

OK, I see you Lady in Red!! Your skin is glowing and, from what you wrote, it's not from oil. :lachen:
Your braids look sooo soft! I really like the look of the loose braids, so pretty.

My ends are still tucked under my satin cap and bandana pretty much 24/7. I've been lazy lately about M&Sing daily due to exhaustion. BIG changes in my family dynamics these past few weeks have caused me to do a lot more to stabilize my family. My little one is on the Spectrum and even good changes cause really bad emotional swings for him. Between that and trying knock out some home improvement projects, I've literally been crashing at night, not even falling asleep in bed. I did manage to GHE one night and the other day I washed w black soap and did the water treatment on my ends.

Sometime last week, I went ahead and poured the rest of my Fenugreek + Hibiscus tea on my hair. Time to sprout some more! I didn't get to use the last sprouts on my face. In fact, they're still in the fridge. :shocked:

I'll try to have some check in photos at my next texlax at the end of the month but it's so soon after EOTY photos that I'm not really wanting to check yet. I like to do them at least 6 months apart so that I can feel more encouraged by my progress. So probably June. And then I'll have 6 months to make any changes if I see issues.
Congratulations on seeing a clear path to provide more stability for your family! Stability within the family unit is paramount for comfort in the long run. More importantly, stability is a blessing.

Please take of YOU and get that rest you need. The little one will get into that routine. Being on the spectrum adds complexity to the situation and with you in his corner, he will win! Glad to see and know you have a process and methodology to support and encourage your success regarding your hair. We all need something in place to make us feel good, give us an opportunity for adjustments and to help us keep going. Bravo!

Thank you for the lovely compliments, too.