Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2015/2016

Sistawithrealhair did a video on grapeseed oil, so I got some and OMG my hair/skin are loving it! My nails, hands, and ends are so happy and hydrated. The best part is that it absorbs without any greasy residue:bouncy:

I like it for my face but it is way too light for the rest of my body. I like rich emmolient oils and butters for my body.

Ends feel good. I got a protein treatment on Friday and I can really see the benefits. I'll moisturize my ends using my Giovanni olive oil serum if necessary.

Currently, I am under my heating cap DC with a mixture of Shea Moisture Balancing Conditioner and GSO.

Herbal Essences discontinued my favorite leave in (Touchably Smooth anti frizz cream) and I was able to find a bottle at Big Lots for 1.50. I went back last week and they were completely out. I'm so sad... When I run out of it I'll buy some of their Bombshell babe straightening cream.

I snipped my bangs some more, so I probably cut about 1/4 of and inch... most of the color is gone from that one area. I didn't like how my ends felt. They were very porous. Since I exposed my hair to the elements, it dry now, so I'm gonna do an overnight oil treatment. I will wash, dc and blow dry.

I found a solution for my dry, dull ends! I moisturized in sections with Neutrogena silk touch cream and sealed each section with 2 drops of argan oil. I don't remember the last time my hair felt this moisturized and had this much shine.

Idk why I always put my Silk touch cream on the backburner. Clearly it is the best moisturizer for my straightened hair :yep:

Does the silk touch leave in still work well for you? I have fine, natural hair and I've tried a lot of leave ins with Shea butter, coconut oil and other oils and they aren't working so well for me. I bought this tonight and and my hair is soaking it in in some twists and I hope it works! My hair has been parched lately, especially my ends.

Is there going to be another challenge for 2017?

Also, everyone is raving about grapeseed oil. What's another light oil I can use for my fine hair? I really only like evoo and ecvo for my prepoo. I currently have almond, argan, and avocado, as well. TIA :)

Is there going to be another challenge for 2017?

Also, everyone is raving about grapeseed oil. What's another light oil I can use for my fine hair? I really only like evoo and ecvo for my prepoo. I currently have almond, argan, and avocado, as well. TIA :)
Probably. I will start all my challenges between the 16th and the 20th. I will post the link when it is created.

Back