Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2015/2016

TeeKay21

Just got my hair relaxed after a 16-week stretch. I was giving my hair a much needed break after the last relaxer left my hair feeling a little thin since there were only 8 weeks between applications ( I normally stretch to 12 ).

I had my poor little ends trimmed / cut. I would say a good inch and a half are gone, but now I'm back to thick and healthy instead of straggly and stringy.

Now I plan to baggy and bun again.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I bought some ouchless scrunchies made out of chiffon or some other really smooth fabric. I have been putting my hair in large bantu knots at night and these are perfect for that. If I moisturize immediately before the bantu knots I get really nice waves

greenandchic

Since my last dusting several weeks ago, my ends has been doing very well. Last week I touched up my hair after 17 weeks and now I feel I can better care for my hair and avoid the massive tangles I was getting with my stretch.

Last night I sealed my ends with my shea butter/grape seed oil/glycerin mix.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I promised myself I wouldn't search and destroy before I washed tonight. I lied. :ohwell: my ends are getting smoother and smoother though.

Am I going to have to come collect your scissors? :lol: Thank God mine are dull or I would be dusting once a month. I will buy a new pair right before my next trim to avoid temptation :blush:

stephshe

I'd like to join, I was doing really good until I had a set back after visiting a beauty school few month ago. My ends are alot thinner as a result:ohwell:

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc:
Texlaxed

2. Current Hair Length
BSL

3. Why are you joining this challenge?
Need to get my thick ends back

4. What have you tried to improve your ends?Taking Hairfinity and hiding my hair mostly of the time with wigs

5. What are you going to try to get those healthy ends?Continue hiding my hair and taking hair supplements along with deep conditioning and protein treatments along with gradually trimming off thin ends. Also I will stick with doing my hair myself.

6. Will you update us 1x a month? yes

faithVA

I'd like to join, I was doing really good until I had a set back after visiting a beauty school few month ago. My ends are alot thinner as a result:ohwell:

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc:
Texlaxed

2. Current Hair Length
BSL

Need to get my thick ends back

4. What have you tried to improve your ends?Taking Hairfinity and hiding my hair mostly of the time with wigs

5. What are you going to try to get those healthy ends?Continue hiding my hair and taking hair supplements along with deep conditioning and protein treatments along with gradually trimming off thin ends. Also I will stick with doing my hair myself.

6. Will you update us 1x a month? yes

:bighug: Been there done that. Wishing you a full recovery in 2015.

PlainJane

Used oyin hair dew and burnt sugar pomade together last night for the first time then braided my hair. Hopefully this will last a few days and keep my hands out my hair. I didn't use it on clean hair so idk how great this combo is but I do love the smell.

Leo24Rule

Even though I've somewhat neglected my hair this past week by not putting my Shea Butter on it daily; I did, however, kept it in a protective hairstyle all week. My hair has yet to be washed and doesn't look too bad. So, 2 more days 'til school is out for work & Grad School. Looks like Friday is hair day.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Still heavy sealing my ends. However, today I'm being a bad girl, my hair is down on my sweater. I already know that's a no-no, but I'm trying to be cute,:look:

maxineshaw

I would like to join the challenge. I will admit that there will be times where I cannot update once a month (job issues). But, I will try. SSKs and splits are things I have struggled with for years and have effected my ability to retain length.

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc

I am natural. My last relaxer was sometime in the summer of 2007.

2. Current Hair Length

Around APL.

As stated, healthy ends have always been a struggle for me. I am trying to grow my hair to WL, but healthy looking WL, not one strand knotted up ends WL

4. What have you tried to improve your ends?

To be honest, nothing consistently enough to count.

5. What are you going to try to get those healthy ends?

Maintain a consistent routine
Incorporate heavier sealants (grease, beeswax)
Keep my hair moisturized and styled

6. Will you update us 1x a month?
Yes, when possible.

FollicleFanatic

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc]

Natural

2. Current Hair Length

BSB

I'm not going to have anymore setbacks from neglecting my ends. Long hair is wonderful, but not when it looks like something the dog's been chewing on! Having thick juicy ends really sets off the way your hair looks. Makes for easier detangling too.

Not much lately besides trim last week and as a little grapeseed oil.

Stay consistent with protein/moisture DC, bunning/half wigs, and most importantly heavy sealing.

Yes

faithVA

I would like to join the challenge. I will admit that there will be times where I cannot update once a month (job issues). But, I will try. SSKs and splits are things I have struggled with for years and have effected my ability to retain length.

I am natural. My last relaxer was sometime in the summer of 2007.

2. Current Hair Length

Around APL.

As stated, healthy ends have always been a struggle for me. I am trying to grow my hair to WL, but healthy looking WL, not one strand knotted up ends WL

To be honest, nothing consistently enough to count.

Maintain a consistent routine
Incorporate heavier sealants (grease, beeswax)
Keep my hair moisturized and styled

Yes, when possible.

Welcome Anonymous53. I promise I won't hunt you down if you can't post. As long as we keep some activity going in this thread weekly we are good.

faithVA

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc]

Natural

2. Current Hair Length

BSB

I'm not going to have anymore setbacks from neglecting my ends. Long hair is wonderful, but not when it looks like something the dog's been chewing on! Having thick juicy ends really sets off the way your hair looks. Makes for easier detangling too.

Not much lately besides trim last week and as a little grapeseed oil.

Stay consistent with protein/moisture DC, bunning/half wigs, and most importantly heavy sealing.

Yes

Welcome to the challenge FollicleFanatic

meka72

Applied Aphogee pro-vitamin leave in, S-curl and Soultanicals kink drink to my ends and plan to seal with Ynobe shea cream.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Tonight, I moisturized with SSI Seyani and sealed ends with APB Ayurvedic pomade.

Natural

2. Current Hair Length
BSL+

I want to maximize retention and care for dry ends.

Moisturizing and sealing, dusting, protective styling, and lots of protein treatments.

I will be more consistent with sealing my ends with pomades and shea butter, and pinning my ends up more often.

Yes

Last edited:

blackeyes31626

Last night I moisturized with qb hydrating balm, brbc and ahtb and my hair is so "soft".
I still need find a good leave in with a decent amount of protein in it.

MzOptimistic

I hope it's not too late. I'm in. I need to focus on healthy smooth ends also. I'm currently looking for a great moisturizing product to coat and seal my ends. I might just go back to baggying my ends through the winter. I haven't decided yet.

faithVA

[USER=10849 said:
tsmith[/USER];20905873]I hope it's not too late. I'm in. I need to focus on healthy smooth ends also. I'm currently looking for a great moisturizing product to coat and seal my ends. I might just go back to baggying my ends through the winter. I haven't decided yet.

Answer the questions in the first post and I will add you to the list tsmith

MzOptimistic

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning~~~Relaxed
2. Current Hair Length~~~BS
3. Why are you joining this challenge? To Get Smooth Healthy Ends
4. What have you tried to improve your ends?~~~I Have Begun Moisturizing The Last 2-3 Inches But I'm Looking For A Stronger Moisturizer To Use In Addition To Some Type of Oil To Seal With.
5. What are you going to try to get those healthy ends? I Am Currently Looking For Stronger Moisturizers That Will Actually Coat My Ends. I Am Also Getting Ready To Purchase Grape Seed Oil To Seal With. I Wear Buns ALL The Time:)
6. Will you update us 1x a month? Yes.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I rollerset my hair tonight and spritzed the ends with Chi Keratin Mist. I'm looking forward to beautiful waves tomorrow. Too bad it's going to rain

Joigirl

I've been using more cream based stylers to see whether this reduces my ssks. Using cream stylers also forces me to wash my hair twice a week which I hope will allow me to remove shed hair and avoid the tangles that result. I hope this helps. I really like the ease of WNGs, but not all the tangles.

claud-uk

faithVA, I NEED to join this challenge, you are so helpful and encouraging!

....Natural

2. Current Hair Length
....CBL (front) BSL (back)

....Severe split ends

....Cutting 3x year, trimming almost weekly :sad: , heavy sealing, baggying.

....Asking for advice here/the forum, trying to find out my hairs' porosity as maybe that's the issue, finding styles that don't stress my ends... whatever it takes!

....Yes, at the very least.

Abroad at the moment, will take length pics before the end of the year.

faithVA

faithVA, I NEED to join this challenge, you are so helpful and encouraging!

....Natural

2. Current Hair Length
....CBL (front) BSL (back)

....Severe split ends

....Cutting 3x year, trimming almost weekly :sad: , heavy sealing, baggying.

....Asking for advice here/the forum, trying to find out my hairs' porosity as maybe that's the issue, finding styles that don't stress my ends... whatever it takes!

....Yes, at the very least.

Abroad at the moment, will take length pics before the end of the year.

Thank you claud-uk. Welcome to the challenge.