Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2013/2014

Rozlewis

I think I am in this challenge but have not posted in a long time. I am 8 weeks post and going to dust my ends today. I have not noticed a lot of breakage so I think they are doing well. I will go to the salon for a trim at 16 weeks when I get my touch-up.

krissyc39

A little frustrated. I trimmed my ends a few days ago and this morning they look dry with some brand new splits. Last night I m&s'd and loosely.bunned my hair for bed with a satin scarf (no elastic, just a hair clip). I wonder if my products are an issue? Today I will think of any tweaks I can make in my regimen that might alleviate things, any suggestions are appreciated

Moisturize and hide your hair until you can figure it out! I felt the same dryness yesterday and I just threw it into a baggy overnight - feels much better today :) I think I was going overboard on wearing my hair out all the time anyway... I'm gonna protein treat, deep condition and wear my hair up most this week and go from there.

Good luck and let me know what happens!

spellinto

Yesterday I misted my ends with the PM Moisture Mist (even though my hair is straightened!) and they looked really smooth for most of the day. At night I misted again and sealed with Africa's Best Herbal Oil. This morning I took down my bun and my ends didn't look too shabby. Will keep experimenting with the PM Moisture Mist for consistency...I've never used a commercial spray leave-in successfully so I'm a little skeptical, but so far so good.

I'm also thinking about buying a new protein DC for my ends soon. So far I've used ORS Replenishing Conditioner/Pak and Aphogee's 2 Min Reconstructor, but they are both really light proteins. I'm not sure if I should try a stronger one or avoid the risk.

faithVA

Yesterday I misted my ends with the PM Moisture Mist (even though my hair is straightened!) and they looked really smooth for most of the day. At night I misted again and sealed with Africa's Best Herbal Oil. This morning I took down my bun and my ends didn't look too shabby. Will keep experimenting with the PM Moisture Mist for consistency...I've never used a commercial spray leave-in successfully so I'm a little skeptical, but so far so good.

I'm also thinking about buying a new protein DC for my ends soon. So far I've used ORS Replenishing Conditioner/Pak and Aphogee's 2 Min Reconstructor, but they are both really light proteins. I'm not sure if I should try a stronger one or avoid the risk.

If you are open to buying online I have been using Komaza Protein treatment and it has really worked well on my hair. I know there are a lot of good ones but this is the one I have had the most success with so far.

But you may be able to buy something like Garnier Fructis Damaged Ends or something like that. I have seen a few reviews on here about it. I bought it but have yet to use it. I probably should use it when I wear my hair out but hadn't thought about it.

faithVA

I'm glad I update this thread when I dust and do a protein treatment. I didn't write anything in my planner last month and couldn't remember when I dusted. Was able to easily find it in here. :yep:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Is anyone else going to dust/trim or cut during the Summer Solstice? June 21-23rd. I'm aiming for June 21, 2014 4:51 AM MDT. :look: Yes, I'm OCD. We'll see if I'm able to wake up and dust, or if I'll :sleep: through the alarm

faithVA

Is anyone else going to dust/trim or cut during the Summer Solstice? June 21-23rd. I'm aiming for June 21, 2014 4:51 AM MDT. :look: Yes, I'm OCD. We'll see if I'm able to wake up and dust, or if I'll :sleep: through the alarm

I will shoot for it. I really want to do it on a Friday (shoot). But I will try to wait until that Saturday.

krissyc39

Just started Insanity (fit test). Decided that until I finish I'm going to do simple protective styles (braids and buns) most of the time. We'll see how my ends (and my body) look at the end of the summer :)

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Dusted last night, then saturated my hair in Vatika and hemp seed oils. I'm deep conditioning now.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My hair is shedding a lot, but I don't see any broken strands so I guess I'm ok... I won't be able to really check my ends until I get my hair blown out. My new goal is to have thick ends and a big sexy bun. Length doesn't matter anymore. Im 4b with lots of shrinkage so my length never shows anyway...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I needed a trim yesterday, but I didn't have time so I will get a trim next blowout in August. Im trying to slowly trim away my color damaged hair/breakage

lamaria211

My ends are good not great but I'm not planning on trimming for another 4-5 months. I trim to much so I'm trying to cut down to 3-4 times a year

krissyc39

My hair is shedding a lot, but I don't see any broken strands so I guess I'm ok... I won't be able to really check my ends until I get my hair blown out. My new goal is to have thick ends and a big sexy bun. Length doesn't matter anymore. Im 4b with lots of shrinkage so my length never shows anyway...

What do you do to stretch your hair? My little sis is 4b and I've been stretching her hair with the banding method but I'm having a hard time balancing between deep conditioning (which means soaking wet hair) and having enough time for stretching.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
What do you do to stretch your hair? My little sis is 4b and I've been stretching her hair with the banding method but I'm having a hard time balancing between deep conditioning (which means soaking wet hair) and having enough time for stretching.
I keep my hair in individual braids/plaits. I do between 10-15 braids and I wash, codition and everything in the braids. I unravel the braids one at a time to detangle and moisturize every few weeks

krissyc39

Missed one day of insanity but I'm still going with it. Been clarifying with ACV and bunning daily. Still deep conditioning 2x a week.

spellinto

Ok. I have a staple moisturizer but I tried switching up leave ins on my ends. So far I've used plain water (worst choice because it made my ends super damp & prone to breakage) and a light moisturizing spray so far. The spray did not work well on it's own until I sealed with oil, which makes me think that the oil is doing most of the work. I've tried using a protein leave in in the past, but my ends felt crunchy afterwards.

Overall, my ends are still chipping off in tiny amounts and splitting, so maybe my leave in isn't the problem. Planning on purchasing a new protein conditioner next. Maybe the redken extreme mask can help me out.

faithVA

Dusted my ends maybe an eighth to a quarter inch. I will check again at the end of July to see if I need to dust again. My search and destroy is helping. Just going to let it grow finally.

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I dusted my ends earlier this morning. Gotta have luscious and decadent ends, :yep: I'll heavily M&S them this evening when I'm in for the day. This Summa' I'll be keeping my hair up for the most part; to keep hair off my neck while it's hot outside :sunshine:, and of course to maximize retention.

curlyTisME

My ends are acting out. They're so frizzy and dry that it making me think I need a deep stylist trim! *cries*

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I moisturized with aloe vera juice and a few drops of hello hydration, sealed with evoo and did a full head baggy overnight. My ends feel great! I will alternate aloe juice with aphogee green tea spray to keep a good moisture/protein balance

faithVA

I have my hair in 2 strands. I may clip the ends tonight. Hopefully that will help me with finger detangling.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
1. I am natural, since May 2013
2. Current Hair Length is pictured above.
3. Any issue(s) you are having with your ends- No not at the moment, I literally got my hair cut today so they are fresh. I just wanna keep it that way.
5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends.
M&S, dust or trim more often, and weekly DCs.

Last edited: