Loosen 4b Kinks Naturally …

Lebiya

Ok….Is there such thing as a natural textures…or something to dramatically loosen my 4b kinks?

..It’s just easier to loosen these curls then to pull and break more hair while dangling…SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!

Has anyone tried/heard about the yogurt recipe??

Crown

Whatever the type...
Yogurt, milk, coconut milk or paste and/or oil, baking soda, coffee, drinkable aloe vera gel or from a plant, acv...
Not just one time : patience and consistency.
About yogurt : I just put it (plain and at least 10% fat) on my hair like a DC, for overnight or a few hours with plastic cap.

alyn308

Baking Soda and acv....I wanted to clarify, but I ended up naturally straightening my hair(I made a thread about it a while back) it was great for about 3 weeks and then my kinks were back.

TrustMeLove

This isn't directed towards anyone, but I just wanted to say I am not for "natural relaxers".

HOWEVER, when products like what was used in the video link posted above are used to condition, elongagte, and define the curl..I think that is cool. Honestly all natural products were used. Cocounut cream and Yogurt! That's cool to me..and it's not anything different than using alot of the conditioners that we use in our heads. I have a couple conditioners with these exact ingredients.

This is probably what folks used for natural hair all the time we have just forgotten or lost the knowledge, because a lot of us grew up with relaxers. We taken it back...re discovering the lost knowledge
Great LINK.

Last edited:

BeautifulRoots

I've only tried baking soda, it works pretty well at elongating the curl and getting rid of some of the bulk. Your hair texture will almost look the same, but your hair will be more defined, shrinkage will be minimized, and it will be easier to detangle.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Baking soda and I hear salt works. I haven't tried salt, but the baking soda works awesome. I'm not 4B, but it really makes my hair feel soft.:grin:

~CurlyNikki~

AtlantaJJ, I had major shrinkage issues (I'm 4a too) until I enlisted the help of henna. My hair still shrinks, but its not a significant amount at all...

AtlantaJJ

AtlantaJJ, I had major shrinkage issues (I'm 4a too) until I enlisted the help of henna. My hair still shrinks, but its not a significant amount at all...
Your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!! and so thick !! Oh my...you are causing me to rethink the whole henna thing!!

msdeevee

i know henna strengthens but is it a protein treatment too?

Henna is not protein.

It is a plant . Henna is ground and powdered leaves, you can find out more about it at www.mehandi.com .

There is also a long thread about it on here.

Some have compared it to a protein like treatment.

I have also found that since I started using henna my hair is stronger. The texture is looser and it's much easier to detangle.

msa

I'm going to have to start paying more attention to my hair. I use a lot of this stuff (baking soda, coconut milk, and I'm going to try bentonite) regularly and I haven't noticed my hair being "relaxed" but maybe it is.

Hmmmm...

lwilliams1922

I've only tried baking soda, it works pretty well at elongating the curl and getting rid of some of the bulk. Your hair texture will almost look the same, but your hair will be more defined, shrinkage will be minimized, and it will be easier to detangle.

how do you use the baking soda??

scarcity21

Henna is not protein.

It is a plant . Henna is ground and powdered leaves, you can find out more about it at www.mehandi.com .

There is also a long thread about it on here.

Some have compared it to a protein like treatment.

I have also found that since I started using henna my hair is stronger. The texture is looser and it's much easier to detangle.

Thanks MSDV, my hair is really protein sensitive thats why i was asking....i need to research some more befor taking the plunge