Looking for Video of a Dominican Blowout

FindingMe

Hi, ladies, I've never had this done and was wondering if anyone had ever come across a video of a Dominican blowout after roller set, so I can get a gander at the technique?:look:

I blow out my roots with pretty good results after a roller set, but just wanted to see EXACTLY how the Dominican salons did it with the roundbrush, etc...

Last edited:

FindingMe

It's in her fotki under "my videos". How to blowout your roots after a rollerset. HTH.

Thanks, Wheezy! I actually do this technique with moderate success, but it's nothing like the pics I see of ladies who come from the Dominican salons with their blowouts. They can be 20 weeks post and look like they have a fresh relaxer. Mine never comes out that good using Macherie's technique. I have a Hot air brush that makes it easier with better results, but it still is not like the pics I've seen. I don't think I'm doing it right.

I wanted to see some actual Dominicans and how they do it in the salon with the roundbrush and the blowdryer. Like do they roll the brush up or down? And how are they angling the blowdryer? How close is it to the hair? That kinda stuff...

We don't have any Dominican salons where I live, so I can't even go there to peep the technique...

PassionFruit

I cant seem to get my hands to cooperate... my head knows what to do so I guess I need practice but I aint practicing on my hair cuz I know I will pull it out

got links to this video in question?

n_vizion

When the Dominican's do it, you will sometimes see smoke coming from either the dryer or the hair or both. That implicates that the results come from both the heat and the technique.
When I blow dry my roots at home after a rollerset, I try to get comporable results but not the exact results. For me, the long-term results of Dominican blow outs is damage.

I knew a girl who went to my salon. Her hair was thick mid-back and absolutely gorgeous. I asked how she could keep her hair so healthy if she came there every week, she said that she did not allow them to blow dry her hair, only the roots. She admitted that her result was not as silky straight as every one else but her hair was obviously healthier.

FindingMe

Last edited:

Energist

I was tempted to record my stylist while I was in NY, but chickened out. I will next time I'm there, I'm sure they will have no problem if I do.

FindingMe

I was tempted to record my stylist while I was in NY, but chickened out. I will next time I'm there, I'm sure they will have no problem if I do.

Girl, if you could record that and post, you would be my she-ro!!!!:grin::yep:

Please let me know and keep my updated!

Thanks!