Looking for a real good detangler

janeemat

Ladies, I'm in need of a real good detangler. I'm seven weeks post relaxer and this new growth is no joke. I did a quick poo and cond last night and had to fight to get the tangles out. Normally my cond and combing it out under water does the trick, but this time it just didn't have that slip. In the pass I have used Regis detangler, but they stopped making it. It worked wonders. I will be pooing and deep con on Saturday and will be getting my relaxer at 9 weeks post. I'm working my way up to 12 wks This is a stretch for me from 5/6 in the past.

Shaniquah

As far as conditioners in the shower - Suave conditioners work pretty well for me, as well as Lustrasilk Shea Butter cholesterol (comes in a tub, found it at a BSS) I'm heavy handed when it comes to conditioners so while in the shower, I tend to my hair first, leave the conditioner in, and rinse it out at the last moment.

For a leave-in, I love Silken Child leave-in conditioner spray (comes in a purple bottle, but from what I know they only sell it at Sally's Beauty supply) HTH ;)

DAX

Qhemet Olive Detangling Cream worked well for my tangles and I had my less hair loss after detangling with it.

Candiss

I have natural hair that is very dry and tangles easily and I have had great results with generic Cetaphil skin cleanser. It has great slip and I can get the comb thru easily. I sure it would work for your new growth. And it's relatively cheap.

Ms Lala

I am natural and use cholesterol conditioner in the shower to detangle or Africa's Best Carrot Oil Creme when my hair is dry, the comb goes right thru my hair and it is 4a/b. (fyi the carrot oil cream makes my hair curly which I like but don't know if you want that since you're relaxd). I have also hear good things about Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangler but I haven't tried it yet; I know relaxed people who use this and like it.

ms*x

i'm about 8 weeks post and the only things that have worked for me was loreal nature's therapy unfrizz and mane n tail's detangler...i used the loreal and it worked like a charm...however, after reading the mnt thread, i went and bought the detangler and it works even BETTER that the loreal!!!!! it made my hair super-duper soft while air drying and that is a miracle unto itself, trust.

texasqt

I am recommending Sunsilks Straighten Up although I used it for the first time last night and I only used the conditioner for my CO Wash. I'm 6 weeks post and I have pics of the results in my album in siggy. I wish I had taken before pics!!!! I'm researching the ingredients but I'm sure its better than slapping on a relaxer!

janeemat

Thanks Ladies. Texasqt I checked out your pics and it looks like you just got a relaxer. What is this sunsilk straighten up? I have never heard of it. Your hair look nice and smooth. I have beady beads going on in my kitchen. I rollerset and then smooth my newgrowth with the back of my curling iron. I have to do this from 6wks on to get a decent look. I don't have a flat iron. I'm not going to get a relaxer until Nov 29th. I may try the MNT conditioner that was mentioned.

texasqt

janeemat said:
Thanks Ladies. Texasqt I checked out your pics and it looks like you just got a relaxer. What is this sunsilk straighten up? I have never heard of it. Your hair look nice and smooth. I have beady beads going on in my kitchen. I rollerset and then smooth my newgrowth with the back of my curling iron. I have to do this from 6wks on to get a decent look. I don't have a flat iron. I'm not going to get a relaxer until Nov 29th. I may try the MNT conditioner that was mentioned.

Sunsilk is a product line like Herbal Essence, Suave, etc. I purchased it from CVS drug store. They have various types of shampoos and conditioners for various hair types. I picked straighten up for my ng.

This is sunsilks website
http://www.gethairapy.com/

LovelyLionessa

Right now my favorite detangling products are Vo5 Tea Therapy conditioner for in-shower combing and BTZ Noodlehead creme for a post wash detangling creme. Last week I had an insane knot in my hair, that I must have missed in the shower. I dabbed some of the Noodlehead and WGO on it and got it out with no hair loss. :grin:

locoabouthair

I'm transition and a gazillion weeks post relaxer. I have been using keracare hydrating detanglin poo and it works like a dream.

I used nacidit avocado rinse it also worked very well.

Lady Kay 21

I have natural hair that is very dry and tangles easily and I have had great results with generic Cetaphil skin cleanser. It has great slip and I can get the comb thru easily. I sure it would work for your new growth. And it's relatively cheap.

Are yu rinsing the cleanser out after you detangle, or are you leaving it in?