Looking for a good shampoo to remove chlorine

ms.swayne

I'm trying to step up my fitness game so I've started swimming more. And because of that my hair is suffering...Does anyone know a good inexpensive shampoo for removing chlorine build up preferably one with out sulfates?

AfroKink

I've used Aubrey's Swimmer Shampoo. It doesn't have sulfates, but it does have ingredients to remove both chlorine and salts.

ms.swayne

I've used Aubrey's Swimmer Shampoo. It doesn't have sulfates, but it does have ingredients to remove both chlorine and salts.
I heard about the AO swimmer's shampoo but for some reason I thought that they didn't make it anymore, the last couple of times I went to Whole Foods to look for it it was nowhere to be found. Did you have good results with it?

AfroKink

I heard about the AO swimmer's shampoo but for some reason I thought that they didn't make it anymore, the last couple of times I went to Whole Foods to look for it it was nowhere to be found. Did you have good results with it?

It seemed to do the trick. I did buy it a few years ago.

SEMO

Ion brand (from Sally's) has a swimmers shampoo I think.

Also, I heard that coating your hair in conditioner beforehand (like a cheap V05 or Suave brand) and wearing a bun can help keep it from absorbing so much water/chlorine. But I haven't tried this yet personally.

tmhuggiebear

I just wrote an aritcle about this for a hair care website. Kinky Curly come clean is usually very good. And then you can rinse your hair with acv or club soda to ensure that all chlorine is definitelly all washed out.

shasha8685

I use the ION swimmer's shampoo. It's sulfate-free and I really like it. They also have a leave-in conditioner that you can spray in your hair before you get in the pool.

texasqt

I use the ION swimmer's shampoo. It's sulfate-free and I really like it. They also have a leave-in conditioner that you can spray in your hair before you get in the pool.

I used this last summer and it worked great! I didn't realize it was sulfate-free! GREAT FOR ME!!!