Looking for a church in Detroit, MI

la929

Hello ladies,

I will be in Detroit for 3 weeks on business and I am interested in finding a church to attend while in town. Are there any recommendations? Do they have a web site I can look at?

thanks

Well, I'm from Detroit and belong to Temple of Faith Baptist Church. There is no website, but it's a very good church. It's not too big or too small and the pastor is wonderful. He really preaches the word and not like some pastors who preach merely things that "sound" nice. He's definitely all about the word and truth and not placating anything.

When I lived in Detroit I really enjoyed Perfecting Church with Pastor Marvin Winans. They praise the Lord up in there!

Well, I'm from Detroit and belong to Temple of Faith Baptist Church. There is no website, but it's a very good church. It's not too big or too small and the pastor is wonderful. He really preaches the word and not like some pastors who preach merely things that "sound" nice. He's definitely all about the word and truth and not placating anything.

Thank you for the recommendation...do you have an address for this church...my hotel is in Lithonia..or something like that, but I am willing to drive.

When I lived in Detroit I really enjoyed Perfecting Church with Pastor Marvin Winans. They praise the Lord up in there!

OOOhhh, Marvin Winans...I've gotta look this one up too....

thanks ladies for the responses...need my Word out on the road!

Thank you for the recommendation...do you have an address for this church...my hotel is in Lithonia..or something like that, but I am willing to drive.

Livonia?

I enjoy Perfecting Church as well as Greater Emmanuel Institutional.
The pastor is J. Drew Sheard and his wife is Karen Clark-Sheard.
Both are nice churches to visit.

Livonia?

I enjoy Perfecting Church as well as Greater Emmanuel Institutional.
The pastor is J. Drew Sheard and his wife is Karen Clark-Sheard.
Both are nice churches to visit.

That's hilarious. Pastor Sheard was my 9th grade Algebra teacher at Cerveny.

Good times indeed!

To the OP, if you're in Livonia, Fellowship Chapel isn't terribly far and Pastor Wendell Anthony gives very spirited sermons.

Website is under construction. The address is
7707 W Outer Dr
Detroit, MI 48235
(313) 347-2820

Ask around when you get to the city, I guarantee you will find somebody who will be glad to bring you to church with them.

The address is: 15801 West Chicago. The phone number is: (313) 836-0720 with pastor Rochelle Davis, Jr.

Back