Quick Question: Growing and filling in

Nixx22jam

When your hair grows to a certain length does it grow first and then fill out after? So say im going from neck length to shoulder length, my hair would look like its at shoulder length for longer because it would have to fill out first before it can show any true progress and look longer. Does that make sense?

ya know...that's always been a question i've asked to myself
thanks for clearning that up love :)

When your hair grows to a certain length does it grow first and then fill out after? So say im going from neck length to shoulder length, my hair would look like its at shoulder length for longer because it would have to fill out first before it can show any true progress and look longer. Does that make sense?

I'm not sure I comprehend but do you mean the lower lengths reaching further first but still appearing thinned out elsewhere? I'd say so. It depends upon where your starting point is. If your hair is blunt even all over, it'll look like length...but if layered...believe me, it'll take so long to fill in and actually look like that longer length. I hope that's what you're talking about because I hate it and it's mine...unfortunately.

My thinking is that it fills in first because the hair is shedding less so it looks fuller??? When it's shedding less the length will come next because you'll keep the hair longer than before.

At least that's my thinking.

I'm not sure I comprehend but do you mean the lower lengths reaching further first but still appearing thinned out elsewhere? I'd say so. It depends upon where your starting point is. If your hair is blunt even all over, it'll look like length...but if layered...believe me, it'll take so long to fill in and actually look like that longer length. I hope that's what you're talking about because I hate it and it's mine...unfortunately.
I dont mean layers or anything just growth in general. But I guess I kind of do.SO if my hair is growing and the back is apl will the front have to fill in and catch up to apl before the growth of my hair can really move on. I guess thats what i mean.

I dont mean layers or anything just growth in general. But I guess I kind of do.SO if my hair is growing and the back is apl will the front have to fill in and catch up to apl before the growth of my hair can really move on. I guess thats what i mean.

For most people the front of your hair (crown to forehead) grows slower than the back (crown to kitchen). Reaching Apl will happen in the back first and the hairs will not be APL at the same time. The hair tends to grow fastest at this time.

NOw once you get to about BSL or BSB this this is when the hair growth will take longer to get to waist length. At this stage, many of the shorter hairs will be playing catch-up and the longer hairs will appear thinner. Once you get past this stage the longer hairs will towards waist length. This process may happen again in reaching hiplenght, if that is your goal.

If you dont like the way it looks you can dust or light the hemline should not look too bad. Just keep in mind to try to do these dustings yourself, because most stylists will take off more than you woul like

Chicoro has a great explanation on her blog:
http://members.fotki.com/Chicoro123/

For most people the front of your hair (crown to forehead) grows slower than the back (crown to kitchen). Reaching Apl will happen in the back first and the hairs will not be APL at the same time. The hair tends to grow fastest at this time.

NOw once you get to about BSL or BSB this this is when the hair growth will take longer to get to waist length. At this stage, many of the shorter hairs will be playing catch-up and the longer hairs will appear thinner. Once you get past this stage the longer hairs will towards waist length. This process may happen again in reaching hiplenght, if that is your goal.

If you dont like the way it looks you can dust or light the hemline should not look too bad. Just keep in mind to try to do these dustings yourself, because most stylists will take off more than you woul like

Chicoro has a great explanation on her blog:
http://members.fotki.com/Chicoro123/
Thanks very much that explains it for me with the longer hairs looking thinner and the shorter ones olaying catch up etc.

Back