Long term side effects using lye relaxers??

Nikki

I'm not sure what's going on, but I used to use kiddie relaxers or Creme Of Nature.. My last 2 relaxer applications I have used Mizani LYE. I have noticed that my hair has gotten a little thinner, which I am not feeling, my hair still looks good but I don't want it to get worst, on the other hand I am not sure if it's the Lye/No Lye thing or just that the Mizani relaxer is just too strong.. with the other relaxers i had hella lotta hair... what's going on? I was thinking about trying the Optimum no-lye kit, but don/t want to damage my hair going back and forth. Lye Vs. No Lye....

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Mizani is a strong relaxer. Maybe you are using the wrong strength. Or it may have been overprocessed. I am a 4a and I use an affirm mild. I know with stronger relaxers your hair straightens in less time. It may just be bone straight and maybe you are not used to bone straight hair. I can be very thin and limp.

inthestars

Long term use of relaxers makes your hair hard and it also thins it out. I stopped relaxing last year and my hair is softer, plus I don't have thin spots anymore.

love2bme

True..Mizani is a strong relaxer. It Made my hair thin and fragile over 6 months of use. My hair is 4a and 3c around nape area. Wished I used mild but transitioning to affirm mild of course. Try using another lye relaxer. On your side.

beana3

Mizani is the strongest relaer i have ever used. I now use Affirm mild with good results. I have tightly packed fine strands which appear to be thick.. affirm straightens my hair fine.

Nikki

Thanks ladies, for your input. You guys are right, the Mizani relaxer is way too strong for my hair. My hair rightnow is rather limp not much body and bounce like it used to, I am going to try the Affirm (mild, Lye) this week, I believe that should do the trick. But is my hair going to snap back into shape, oh my goodness, do I have to cut it? I will send a post re: this