Long Foam Rollers

producjunki

Hello again ladies! It might be a thread on this already, but I didn't have enough time to look for it (I'm at the Library on their computer), Anywho, Do any of the ladies here know how to use those long foam rollers that you use to make luscious spiral curls?

You know what I'm talking about? They look like Long foam roller tubes and they're flexible. I had purchased them a few years ago and have never used them (Yes, I am this lazy!) because I was not sure how to roll them up and secure them in my hair properly.

The sales associate at the BSS told me something like you have to roll it up at an angle, and then bend the end of it a little for it to stay. Well, I've tried already and it hasn't worked.

So, If someone out there could help me with this, I'd gladly appreciate it, TIA!!

producjunki

To answer the previous question: Yes I was refering to flexirods (sorry, but I couldn't remember the name) Also, Thanx again to you wonderful ladies for all of your help! And one more thing, my hair is 100% natural, and I read in my SBH hair magazine that to achieve a flexirod wetset on natural hair, you must first blowdry the hair really straight, Then proceed to do the rodset. Is this true ladies? My whole purpose for doing the rodset was to achieve a luscious head if curls without the extra heat!

Tamrin

unapologetic
I own these and I love them. I have them on as we speak. They create great spiral curls on dry hair. I put them on and within minutes to overnight you have spirals.

I also own the goody satin ones too.

producjunki

Thanks Ladies for all of this helpful, wonderful advice. Just one more thing, my hair is a little past BSL, So, What size do you think I should get for the Flexirods? (I don't know exactly how long my hair is, it's almost MBL)

soulie

Thanks Ladies for all of this helpful, wonderful advice. Just one more thing, my hair is a little past BSL, So, What size do you think I should get for the Flexirods? (I don't know exactly how long my hair is, it's almost MBL)

It depends how small you want the spirals. For me, the length of my hair doesn't matter when I do flexirods. I start rolling from the bottom end and as my hair has grown I just do a tighter spiral to make sure I have enough room on the rod for all my hair.

Ms Kain

Hello again ladies! It might be a thread on this already, but I didn't have enough time to look for it (I'm at the Library on their computer), Anywho, Do any of the ladies here know how to use those long foam rollers that you use to make luscious spiral curls?

You know what I'm talking about? They look like Long foam roller tubes and they're flexible. I had purchased them a few years ago and have never used them (Yes, I am this lazy!) because I was not sure how to roll them up and secure them in my hair properly.

The sales associate at the BSS told me something like you have to roll it up at an angle, and then bend the end of it a little for it to stay. Well, I've tried already and it hasn't worked.

So, If someone out there could help me with this, I'd gladly appreciate it, TIA!!

Here's another flexirod tutorial that I found and I love itbecause the picture is really clear and the person who's doing it is doing it slow enough for you to see how it's being done.

The one thing that some might not like is the fact that she's not doing it on herself but using a hair mannequin but after a few seconds you get used to it. Here's the link! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDaCFNmJ4fQ&feature=related

~Hera