Soft Foam Rollers

daviine

Today at Rite-Aid I saw foam rollers covered in a smooth material. They looked interesting but they were about $4.99 for six....

They also had plastic rollers (for wetsetting) BUT they had SEVERAL holes in them for faster drying. Unfortunately, these were about eight for $4.99 and the "large" size was probably an inch in diameter. The line is called "Exquisite" .

Has anyone seen these? Not that I wear rollers anymore, I may get the smooth foam rollers.

Anyways, just thought I'd share.

sweetcocoa

I have the hard plastic rollers with all alot of little holes. They do dry faster, but I can't seem to get my ends smooth with these...once again I think it's because the wet hair can't cling to them. I have a bunch of them. What I will do sometimes though if I'm tired of waiting for my hair to dry(when it's about 80-90%) I unroll 2 rollers at a time and combine them(along with a little oil or pomade on the ends) and combine the 2 on one of these or the wire mesh rollers and dry for another 10-15 minutes.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
Today at Rite-Aid I saw foam rollers covered in a smooth material. They looked interesting but they were about $4.99 for six....

They also had plastic rollers (for wetsetting) BUT they had SEVERAL holes in them for faster drying. Unfortunately, these were about eight for $4.99 and the "large" size was probably an inch in diameter. The line is called "Exquisite" .

Has anyone seen these? Not that I wear rollers anymore, I may get the smooth foam rollers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been using the foam rollers covered with satin for about 2 weeks now and I love them! They're made by Hype Hair. They give me a cute look without me having to use the flat iron. I put them in before I take a shower...put a plastic cap on....take them out before I leave the house and just finger comb the curls while I'm in the car.

These are very convenient and a great alternative to regular foam rollers that soak up moisture. I'm going to buy some more!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
@ Daviine:
I think I've seen the rollers you are talking about. They are made by the Goody "Exquisite" line. I have the same ones JenJen mentioned by Hype Hair. Look for those. I only had a chance to use them once on fully relaxed hair, but they worked great! I got a set of 42 rollers (different sizes) for $9.99 at Kmart.

Hype Hair Rollers

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Satin covered is definitely a plus.

jaibee

I've seen the hype hair ones and i made my mom buy some cause she loves the sponge rollers but i hate them cause they dry your hair out. she has been using them and her hair looks great and they are much better for your hair. hopefully they will stay on the shelves and they will keep making them

Tebby1017

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen the hype hair ones and i made my mom buy some cause she loves the sponge rollers but i hate them cause they dry your hair out. she has been using them and her hair looks great and they are much better for your hair. hopefully they will stay on the shelves and they will keep making them

[/ QUOTE ]

With all of the Pj's on this board they should stay around for a LOOOONG time!!

CICI24

Sassygirl,
What brand of satin rollers did you get from
K-mart? 42 for 9.99 is a steal. I just ordered some from Gold Medal I will return them if I can find the ones from K-mart

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I have the Hype Hair brand. I haven't seen them anywhere except Kmart in my area... Hype Hair also makes black satin covered "solar roller" type of curlers for spiral curls. Yeah, I bought those, too!
I don't remember how much I paid for them, but I know they cost more than the regular rollers.

Lisa

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721,

Do you use any type of setting lotion with these rollers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I was wondering the samething. Would it be possible to sleep in these rollers? Are they soft enough?

Lisa

lunalight7

I was wondering that too. I would love to try them if I can sleep in them. Maybe for quick morning sets too w/ a bit of setting lotion.....

MzRhonda

I am such a pj...I read this post about 2 hrs ago and just got back from Kmart ... bought the 42 pack $9.99...various sizes..it says you can sleep in them...I'm going to try them in the morning using the shower technique..I want soft curls not tight. Hype Hair also had combs, brushes, satin pillow case, bonnett, doo rag etc etc...I bought 2 bonnetts, 1 for me and one for my daughter and a doo rag.

Rhonda