Liquid Keratin 30 Day Straight Smooth-Reviews?

I wonder if you are still considered natural if you use it? If so, I may jump on this bandwagon! I hate needing 3 hours to try to do some kind of strait style on my hair.:lachen: The part about needing to use less products makes me want to try this!:scratchch

I wonder if you are still considered natural if you use it? If so, I may jump on this bandwagon! I hate needing 3 hours to try to do some kind of strait style on my hair.:lachen: The part about needing to use less products makes me want to try this!:scratchch

If you'd like to use it, just try it... it doesn't matter how your hair will be classified afterwards... Natural hair is not a pedigree... just the current state of your hair.

If you'd like to use it, just try it... it doesn't matter how your hair will be classified afterwards... Natural hair is not a pedigree... just the current state of your hair.

I am looking for an easier way to straiten my hair without a relaxer.:rolleyes: I don't need a pedigree. I am looking for answers from naturals who tried the product, thank you.:lachen:

I am looking for an easier way to straiten my hair without a relaxer.:rolleyes: I don't need a pedigree. I am looking for answers from naturals who tried the product, thank you.:lachen:

brittanynic16 has been doing BKT for a few years now, I think, and her hair is about 75% natural with relaxed ends. Of course, she's doing the full-strength BKT, but the Liquid Keratin this thread is about should loosen your curls enough to make detangling easier. BTW, congratulations on your weight loss.

I think we are so careful to jump on new things esp. chemicals of this nature. It is too new and we are looking for more people who tried this.

the girl that hostS the maneandchic blog recently did her hair and has posted plenty of pics and a review: http://www.maneandchic.com/ see section titled "my hair"

i also found this article on curlynikki's blog:http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/04/curl-whisperer-on-liquid-keratin.html

i like to follow both of these blogs because they offer honest reviews of many products and both ladies have beautiful hair.

i think its pretty interesting but after reading more about it i think i won't be using it on my hair. i'll stick to the coconut creme and lime juice treatments. :p
when i first heard liquid keratin treatment i thought it was a protein treatment like aphogee.

Last edited:
I just tried this about... 3 hours ago!

I recently switched to shampoos and conditioners that are sulfate free, and I noticed a dramatic improvement in the way my hair felt after shampooing...when previously it would be a disaster and a half every time I tried to detangle on wash days.

I'll describe the process and I'll share my thoughts on it:
1) You first wash your hair with the "de-frizz shampoo". You do not use conditioner. The shampoo smells pretty good.

2) You towel dry your hair (gently, of course) and then apply the formula. (I allowed it to air dry a little bit before applying.) You are supposed to separate your hair into sections and saturate it with the formula... it comes in a spray bottle and there is more than enough. I am almost at MBL and I didn't even use all the formula.

3) The hard part - you must comb the formula through the hair. This took me about an hour... :( but I've never been able to detangle my hair any faster, so I'm not surprised. I honestly had a really rough time and almost gave up at this point because it was hard to get a comb or brush through my hair. I found that if you comb your hair as you saturate it with the formula, it's much easier. Finally, I combed it through all the way.

4) Let sit for a half hour... easy!

5) Blow dry the hair straight. I am terrible at this, so I did my best. You are supposed to blow dry until it is 100% dry. I did this.

6) Flat iron all of your hair on a high temperature setting. I used my brush to straighten my hair further... at this point it started to smell bad though. There were no "fumes", just a lame smell from the product.

My hair is very straight right now; you are supposed to go 48 hours without washing, but I plan on leaving it for 3 or 4 days. I'll update everyone when I wash to see if the results are worth the price. So far, so good though! My hair definitely feels nicer.

I tried this product last week. I don't love it but I really do like it. I didn't take pictures because you would really have to see it in person to see the difference. For me, it was a great conditioner. My hair was so much easier to straighten and it had ALOT of body. My hair was so smooth after the treatment. I love the shampoo, conditioner and leave in that comes with the kit. These may become a staple. You cannot really compare this to BKT. Why? Because once you wash it, it really isn't straight anymore. It is however, well conditioned and I love that. I am 8 weeks post and my new growth is manageable. I will use this again this weekend as I still have some left over.

So this is a great alternative to BKT but does not have the long term straightening that BKT has. This product has no fumes and does not appear to contain formaldehyde. I think it's worth trying but don't expect BKT lasting power...just super conditioned hair.

I tried this product last week. I don't love it but I really do like it. I didn't take pictures because you would really have to see it in person to see the difference. For me, it was a great conditioner. My hair was so much easier to straighten and it had ALOT of body. My hair was so smooth after the treatment. I love the shampoo, conditioner and leave in that comes with the kit. These may become a staple. You cannot really compare this to BKT. Why? Because once you wash it, it really isn't straight anymore. It is however, well conditioned and I love that. I am 8 weeks post and my new growth is manageable. I will use this again this weekend as I still have some left over.

So this is a great alternative to BKT but does not have the long term straightening that BKT has. This product has no fumes and does not appear to contain formaldehyde. I think it's worth trying but don't expect BKT lasting power...just super conditioned hair.

Super conditioned hair is what I desire! Thanks!!!!!

I am about 3 months post and I really liked the results from the LKT. I was happy from the point of blowdrying. My hair layed much flatter at this point and was silky straight from flat ironing ---root to tip. It does wear a bit around the edges after a while. I would say a week. But the biggest benefit is I love how conditioned my hair feels.

Like I said I am at the begining. As I do my research I decided that I want to do my transition using all natural products but you have to keep using the LKT shampoo and conditioner in the package in order to keep the straight results. (personal delimma) So if you are just wanting something to straighten your hair then I would say go ahead and use it. I am really curious about the in between---like what will my hair look like if I wash with natural products and then go back to the LKT??? Is this even a smart thing to do??

All in all...it is not a relaxer replacement in that your hair will not be bone straight for six solid weeks. It does condition your hair. It does make it more manageable. The benefits will last a while.

Someone asked if it effects the ability of your hair to take on a curl and the answer is yes. I have tried bantu knots--post LKT-- and the results were a little flat. There is also less of a curl when I do use a curling iron on my relaxed hair.

The ladies at Ulta said that you have to use it every day for 30days. NO where does it say that on the packaging. So I am a little confused on that one...and does that mean flat iron everyday...or just use the leave in everyday?????? I have not done either.

I hope I have answered some questions. Sorry to bring up more :spinning:

Anyone experience breakage? Has anyone used it and let it wear off? If so, how did it wear off ?

Ok ladies it's been 48 hours since I had this stuff applied. My hair feels GREAT! It's silky and soft. I am a sweaty sleeper so yes, I've gotten some poof this morning, but not that hard, run and grab the pressing comb poof, just soft poof!

Today my girl will do the second half of the treatment and I'll get back to yall tonite or tomorrow! I really seem to like this product...so far....I needed something to soften my curl but not be a chemical relaxer. This Liquid Keratin is pricey so I'll see how I want to move forward!:rolleyes:

Oh yeah...my hair is a 4b/c and if there's a Z it might be that too! LOL:grin:

Back