Light protein treatment for relaxed hair

goldensugar23

I need suggestions for a light to medium protein treatment for relaxed hair.

I used aprohigee(i spelled it wrong:) )but it was a little to harsh for me.Also i dont need such a extreme treatment at this time.I have a little breakage during my braidouts..and want to strengthen my hair.

tia ladies!

pink_flower

I like a balance of moisture and protein. My favorites are:

Motions silk protein (currently using)
Aubrey Organics GPB

ETA: My recs really aren't "treatments" just conditioners that I've seen strengthen my strands over time. Another alternative to aphogee is Nexxus emergencee.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

Nexxus emergencee is not that light IMO, but it seems to be lighter (and also IMO better and easier to use) than Aphogee. I love Emergencee.

Keraphix is a good one.

Also, I like the one I got from this place: http://www.styleone.com/enhancer.html

Actually they have some kits on ebay - that is where I ordered it from. I used it as instructed (put a capful in conditioner) but I plan on being creative with it. (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZstyleone4hairQQhtZ-1)

Nexxus has a spray protein treatment, as well, don't they.

Last edited:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
The Keraphix, Motions, and GPB recommendations above are good ones. I'd also like to add Elucence Extended Moisture Repair to the list of recommendations you've been given so far.

WomanlyCharm

For light protein, I love Got2be So Soft 1 Minute Emergency...it's a very creamy protein conditioner that leaves my hair looking and feeling great.
I highly reccomend it. :up:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
WomanlyCharm said:
For light protein, I love Got2be So Soft 1 Minute Emergency...it's a very creamy protein conditioner that leaves my hair looking and feeling great.

Is this the one in the orange jar? I've been interested in this line since Allandra spoke of it a couple of years ago.

WomanlyCharm

Supergirl said:
Is this the one in the orange jar? I've been interested in this line since Allandra spoke of it a couple of years ago.

That's the stuff! Before I found this board, I bought it out of desperation one day...and was amazed at how wonderful my hair felt afterwards (I didn't know protein treatments from a hole in the ground back then! :ohwell:).
It's one of my staples.

goldensugar23

thanks ladies...i used to use got2b smooth.I loved it and forgot about it.I'm going to try kerphix first however.:D

I also used motions and loved that as well.Its funny how we go through so many product changes and eventually go back to our old stand bys

HoneyDew

WomanlyCharm said:

You know, I've used this and I really liked it! It has a nice smell, too.

lonei

Motions CPR, I love it, it makes my hair feel like silk afterwards. That dam Aphogee was the start of all my hair problems...

KiSseS03

Co-signing on Motions CPR... this stuff saved my hair when I was having breakage a few months ago.