Life after the Big Chop: 8th month Natural update… (some pics included)

lovelymissyoli

I wasn’t going to post this, but there seems to be an influx of ladies deciding to transition to natural so I thought I’d update on my progress after announcing my chop 8 months ago --- hopefully it will be inspiration for someone.

Since chopping, my hair has grown to outstanding heights and lengths. I didn’t pay too much attention to length for the first 5 months or so, but after going back through my album, I see just how much progress I’ve made. After chopping, it took about 3-4 months to get back to shoulder length (stretched) and my twists now reach below shoulder length (stretched). Chopping ahead of schedule has definitely taught me how to manage, learn, and accept my hair. I’ve narrowed down the products and techniques that work best for my hair and styling my hair is becoming increasingly easy as time progresses.

The possibilities are endless when it comes to figuring out how I want to wear my hair. I haven’t gotten bored yet, and there are still so many styles I want to experiment with.

There’s not too much I can say about my hair that you can’t see expressed in my album.

I’ve included some comparison shots while the rest of the photos are in my album…

http://public.fotki.com/daydreaminyoli/

Enjoy --- and good luck to all you transitioning ladies --- hang in there!

= = = = Comparison shots: = = = =

Last edited:

Cooyah

Re: Life after the Big Chop: 8th month Natural update…

EXCELLENT PROGESS!!! *off to stalk ur fotki again*

secretdiamond

Wow! Your hair has grown so much! Congrats! I really appreciate you and other naturals trying to support the transitioners---even though I'm relaxed. Trust me, many relaxed heads take note too! :)

Cheleigh

Congratulations missyoli! You were definately one of those folks I watched like a hawk during my transition. Your hair looks gorgeous, and your styling skills--well, I wish I had 1/10 that much talent.

jasmine26

great progress!!!! i love that style with the flat twists in the front, i should try that one! great hair inspiration:)

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Ummm, since your location is 'right behind me,' when you gonna hook me up with some flat two strands in the front with twists loose in the back?

brownsugarflyygirl

Wow:eek: Your hair looks amazing! I hope to have some progres like that to report in 8 months!

You have inspired me to start learning flat twists...that style is gorgeous :)

theAlist

Oh my...I PRAY for this amount of progress. I'm only a 2month natural...you have given me great hope! I hope my twists look like yours 6 months from now!!! Also the color is ADORABLE!!