Cholesterol!!! What do you use? How do you use it?!?!

Syrah

This is for the ladies who use various types of hair cholesterol: LeKair, LustraSilk, Hollywood Beauty etc.

Me? I've used LeKair Cholesterol (standard) before. I recently picked up the Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil and Aloe Vera cholesterol but haven't used it yet. I love the way it smells.

Cholesterol, for me, provides great moisture when I use the "hotel towel" method under the dryer for 15+ minutes.

What about you!?

Healthb4Length

I use them mainly for my co-washes. THey are cheap and they do the job, my favorite is Hollywood Beauty's Olive Oil, it smells goooood and it's cheap.

Ayeshia

LeKairs and Lustrasilk..Lekairs for protein with some ORS Pak mixed with it and the Lustrasilk for CO washes :yep: Sometimes I use my soft dryer bonnet when I deep condition.

miss Congeniality

I use LeKairs and I would add olive oil,castor oil, pepperment and rosemary. I would put a plastic cap on and wrap it with a towel. Then, I would sit back and watch a movie or clean up.

gymfreak336

One lady who I go to for relaxers sometimes uses queen helene cholesterol after my relaxer for 15 mintues. In fact I just had a relaxer today about 2 hours ago. The cholesterol keeps my hair from feeling too thin and stuck down. No other conditioner I have had after a relaxer does this as well as cholesterol. At home I use lustersilk shea butter cholesterol sometimes. It smells like heaven not to mention it is pretty cheap. I think I might start using it as a pre poo treatment for my ends . Hope this helps:)

myco

I use Lekair for CO washes. I also mix it with Motions Moisture Plus as my deep conditioner.

To me it's like CON. I use a lot of other stuff, but I know that push come to shove, I can always count on it to get the job done.

Ayeshia

Brownshugaz said:
is cholesterol a protein or a moisturizing treatment?
all of them have different formulas. It depends...you just have to read the bottle and see what the specific purpose is for.

kbody4

I've slacked off on using cholesteral, but when I did I used Lustrasilk. I didn't mix it with anything, and my hair came really soft.

gymfreak336

Brownshugaz said:
is cholesterol a protein or a moisturizing treatment?

Its both. Some more (moisture/protien) than others but it is a pretty good mix of both

You can usually find some in packets at the bss for a dollar and change that way you can try some out.

LovelyLionessa

My favorite cholesterol treatment is when I mix Lekair cholesterol with a ORS Replenishing Pak, honey and Africa's Best oil. I'll sit under the hood dryer with this mix for 20 min. or more and it works really well. I have also done pre poos with cholesterol and oils as per Marcherieamour's hot towel method. I always have at least one cholesterol in my product closet, although Lekair is my favorite. At the moment I also have a tub of Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol and Lustrasilk Shea butter formula too. :D

remnant

I use Le Kaïr cholesterol once/week mixed with (shea butter + differents oils) put a plastic cap and sleep with it..........I wash my hair the next day!

TrulyBlessed

Lekair cholesterol (peach color) combined with olive oil as a pre-poo treatment on dry hair..put on plastic cap, leave on for 1.5-2 hours, and all tangles slip right out

MissDiva

I use Lekair and Lustrasilk. I use them both as a deep condition. I've never tried them as a CW. I'm going to give that a try one day - or maybe as an overnight treatment!

morehairplease

Priestess said:
My favorite cholesterol treatment is when I mix Lekair cholesterol with a ORS Replenishing Pak, honey and Africa's Best oil. I'll sit under the hood dryer with this mix for 20 min. or more and it works really well. I have also done pre poos with cholesterol and oils as per Marcherieamour's hot towel method. I always have at least one cholesterol in my product closet, although Lekair is my favorite. At the moment I also have a tub of Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol and Lustrasilk Shea butter formula too. :D

wow, I have the ORS pak on now w/Nexxus botanic oil for a pre poo *crossing fingers hoping that it works*

How do you like the SE mega cholesterol?

thanks in advance
tishee

LABETT

Leklair Cholesterol peach and aloe vera are my favorites.
I usually use them for co washes, never tried it as a deep conditioner and I dont add anything with mine.

LovelyLionessa

tishee said:
wow, I have the ORS pak on now w/Nexxus botanic oil for a pre poo *crossing fingers hoping that it works*

How do you like the SE mega cholesterol?

thanks in advance
tishee

Yes, I do. I have only used it 2x since purchasing, but when I used it on wet hair post pooing, I noticed it was highly concentrated, I only needed a little bit, which is revolutionary for me because can kill containers of conditioner in no time. Anyway, it's very rich and has a lot of slip. I tried sleeping in it overnight but it was a little too much of a good thing for my hair. :look:

I plan to reserve it for pre pooing and deep conditioning. :yep:

Sweet_Ambrosia

MsNadi said:
This is for the ladies who use various types of hair cholesterol: LeKair, LustraSilk, Hollywood Beauty etc.

Me? I've used LeKair Cholesterol (standard) before. I recently picked up the Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil and Aloe Vera cholesterol but haven't used it yet. I love the way it smells.

Cholesterol, for me, provides great moisture when I use the "hotel towel" method under the dryer for 15+ minutes.

What about you!?

I use Lekair and Lustrasilk Cholesterols mainly as deep conditioning treatments. Sometimes I mix in coconut oil or coconut milk for added moisture and shine. I deep condition w/o heat for 60+ mins twice a month.

tenderheaded

You ladies are the best:lachen: I have LeLairs w/ aloe. It did nothing by itself. Now you've given me some great ideas. I'd hate to waste a $1.25!!

Candy_C

le kair shea butter for co washing.....i spray my dry hair with freezing cold water (lightly) and slap on lots of the cholesterol. i detangle with my fingers and leave on for 20mins. i wash out in the shower with warm water then lots of cold water 2 seal my cuticle. cholesterol is the best thing for co-washing as its adds elasticty to the strands, moisture and strength. for me it can also be used as a deep con, esp with evoo and wonder 8 oil added!!

I want to try:

- Le kair olive oil cholesterol
- Le kair carrot oil cholesterol

Last edited:

goldensensation

LeKair cholesterol mixed with honey and jojoba oil for condition washes. Sometimes I use Dark and Lovely Cholesterol and mix it the same way or apply it by itself to my hair after washing with CON.

Syrah

That's the best thing about Cholesterol - it's $3 for 20 oz of the mess. You can coat your head in half a jar and not feel guilty.

Let me "coat" my hair in half a bottle of Nexxxus - I will be PISSED.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

cholesterol conditioners don't do much for me but hang around on the surface leaving my hair hard, w/ the exception of Hollywood Beauty cholestol (carrot one) I tried this one and it really softened my hair and strengthened it, plus shine, not bad. I did add carrot oil to it like it suggested on the container. It reminds me of Miss Key 10 en 1.

metalkitty

I just started using the Lustrasilk Shea Butter formula and I like! I've used it as a pre poo which worked good if I remember correctly, as a deep conditioner it detangles and softens well and I lose less hairs, and I want to try it as a co wash since it foams a bit if you add water interestingly.