Learning to define my curls... Pix included

CarLiTa

Hello all :)
Been natural for 1.5 months so far after a 13.5 month stretch. Had a 0.5-1.5 inch trim September 24 when I got my first press.

I've got frizzy hair. I'm a little light-handed on the products and I have hand-in-hair disease:look: It's very bad. It's something I do unconsciously.

I've just begun learning how to define my curls. I am a 3c/4a with a patch of frizzy crazyness in the back. I just figured out that I need to be more heavy-handed with some products if I don't want frizz.

The pix u will see below are me trying things out with the ECOSTYLER CLEAR GEL + a little bit of Ojon for a W-n-Go, and a twist-out I did using just Ecostyler gel.

*First 3 pix are an old WnG spritzed with water and some gel added. I've gotten better curl definition than this (another picture) but i am being told that the pic is too big :(

*Last 2 pix are a twistout I attempted.

Let me know what u think!

Attachments

• Fall 2009 205.jpg
    Fall 2009 205.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 193
  • Fall 2009 208.jpg
    Fall 2009 208.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 202
  • Fall 2009 211.jpg
    Fall 2009 211.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 188
  • Fall 2009 213.jpg
    Fall 2009 213.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 201
  • Fall 2009 216.jpg
    Fall 2009 216.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 236

MochaEyeCandy

Congrats on your bc. You have beautiful curls. 13.5 months huh? Long term transitioners are my heroines...I don't know how yall do it.

jupitermoon

Congrats. Your hair looks nice. I've found that the best way to define my curls is by using only conditioner. Use something like Hello Hydration or Aussie Moist and leave a lot in after washing the hair. Try to avoid shampoo as much as possible. It dries out the hair and makes it frizzy.

vkb247

You have gorgeous hair. I can see why you want to play with it. Enjoy your coils!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Gorgeous hair! I am so tired of transitioning, but the thought of long natural hair keeps me going!:grin:

CarLiTa

thank you ladies for your sweet comments! :)

i'm really trying to combat the frizz. As a child, I always had fly-aways. I like messy looking hair sometimes, but I see all these super duper defined curls in some people's fotki. I want to define mine too!:grin:

As you can see, there's still some frizz in the first 3 pix. I was trying to make the hair look bigger, especially in the back where my hair shrinks the most.... so I was pulling on it, which only created more frizz.

I have a lot of products that have been raved about. Now I just want to learn how to combine them so that I can maintain a non-frizzy look.