Ladies with weaves

neanie

How often do you wash your weave ?

How do you get all your hair dry (own hair)

I have no problems washing my weave but i am afraid of getting matting hair or mildew from my hair not being able to dry properly underneath so how do you get all your hair dry underneath ?

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
When i do have a weave I wash my hair and condition once a week but i dilute with water in spray bottle so the product is not as thick. And when i dry i take a blow dryer to the weave itself and I lift up each track and blow dry a little bit and the rest air dry. I never had an issue with mildew or matting.

neanie

thanks i have thought of this method but i didnt want to apply direct heat on my hair do you spray heat protectant on your hair underneath the weave?

nikkigill

another way to make sure that your scalp is really clean with the excess dirt and oil removed is to apply seabreeze or similar antiseptic to the scalp and let it sit for 10 mins before shampooing. you can also blowdry the tracks and then finish drying by sitting under a hood dryer. hope this helps!

kupenda

When i do have a weave I wash my hair and condition once a week but i dilute with water in spray bottle so the product is not as thick. And when i dry i take a blow dryer to the weave itself and I lift up each track and blow dry a little bit and the rest air dry. I never had an issue with mildew or matting.

That's what I do as well. I just started using a shampoo bar and using it only on the parts between the braids. I massage it in and then take down the showerhead and rinse each section thoroughly. When I'm done I blow dry the weave to about 80 percent (instead of trying to maneuver through wet hair) and lift each track to blow dry my own hair. Apply oils and leave ins, then blow it a lil more ( on hot, but low setting)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF...I'm addicted!!

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
thanks i have thought of this method but i didnt want to apply direct heat on my hair do you spray heat protectant on your hair underneath the weave?
Don't apply heat protectant to my hair because I don't blow dry that long and on a low setting. I think the purpose is to get up some of the moisture so i'm not sitting there forever. Trust me if you leave that blow dryer on one part too long you will feel it heating up.