LADIES WHO ONLY COMB ON WASH DAY PLEASE ANSWER A QUESTION FOR ME... PLEASE

LadyZ

I am wondering how much shed hair do you get doing this?
Does this amount seem too much... If so I need to step up my control over this... This is all long hairs and a few short ones... It seems a lot to me...

Evazhair

It doesn't seem like a lot to me. I tend to want to have the same reaction as you, but if you think about how many hairs we shed daily normally, and if you are not combing but once a week......I can have that amount and I don't have any damage or breakage. HTH

Proudpiscean

I wash every three/four days though:sad:... I might see if I can curb it down some...

I use to detangle every 3-4 days too. I have cut it down to every 10-14 days and my hair is thanking Sareca for it :grin:
I do get a little more shedding, but it's just normal shed hairs that I would have lost anyway.

LadyZ

Thanks ladies... I was not sure... I have got to stop stressing over every fallen hair I see:wallbash:...

Thank you very much...

kiesha8185

That doesn't seem like a lot of hair. How often do you wash your hair? I lose two times the amount you lose, but I wash once a week or once every two weeks, so I think it's normal....I hope it's normal :look:

BTW....your hair is sooo pretty!!

LadyZ

I use to detangle every 3-4 days too. I have cut it down to every 10-14 days and my hair is thanking Sareca for it :grin:
I do get a little more shedding, but it's just normal shed hairs that I would
have lost anyway.
================

How do you go 2 weeks:spinning:... How do you wear your hair? I have just started bunning for the winter weather, keeping my hair up from coats and etc... What helps with the tangles?... I would like to do this but the tangles kills my hair?

LadyZ

before that detangle session when was the prior one?
and was the hair amount the same?
===========

It's always the same amount of hair, sometimes a little less... I wash/cw every three/four days... Detange in the shower... air dry an then bun until next wash day... Thanks

atlien

That shedding was itty bitty compared to the stack of hay that my hair sheds:nono:, but I don't wash as often. I think the shedding you experienced is normal nothing to worry about.

LadyZ

Thanks for all the feedback ladies... I was not sure how much I should have... I have just started bunning for the winter and not doing as many roller sets like I did in the summer... I am also air drying over night using the cross wrap... I am glad I seem to be on track at the moment...

Thank you very much...

SpyCats

That doesn't seem like alot at all. I am natural but I wash every 7 days; I shed way more hair than that. Oh and I wear a loose bun everyday.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
That amount is normal. I shed about the same and I wash once a week and rollerset. Here's a suggestion...since you wash every 3-4 days, maybe you could alternate between combing and finger combing? When I wash more than one a week, I let it airdry and kind of pick the tangles apart w/ my fingers.

madamone

================

How do you go 2 weeks:spinning:... How do you wear your hair? I have just started bunning for the winter weather, keeping my hair up from coats and etc... What helps with the tangles?... I would like to do this but the tangles kills my hair?

I'm doing Sareca's 2 week challenge too. I have actually been going about 3 weeks between detangle sessions. Wearing buns (Tied down using Sylver2's scarf method) and now rod sets that I roll up nightly.

Have you tried the oil rinses? Got that idea courtesy of Sareca too. I did it last night with my cowash using olive oil. Detangles my hair under running water with no interference from me just mah-velous dah-ling!

I'll see if I can find the link for the thread on oil rinses.

ETA: Here it is! http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=150965&highlight=sareca

Last edited:

BillsBackerz67

I shed tons of hair...I think it seems like a lot becasue the hair is longer and curls up making the pile seem bigger. no bald sots so Im not going to stress:look:

Peaches75

Hair sheds daily so when we do styles that don't consist of daily combing we don't allow the loose hairs to get out our head and by combing once a week it actually builds up so that looks normal.

LadyZ

I'm doing Sareca's 2 week challenge too. I have actually been going about 3 weeks between detangle sessions. Wearing buns (Tied down using Sylver2's scarf method) and now rod sets that I roll up nightly.

Have you tried the oil rinses? Got that idea courtesy of Sareca too. I did it last night with my cowash using olive oil. Detangles my hair under running water with no interference from me just mah-velous dah-ling!

I'll see if I can find the link for the thread on oil rinses.

ETA: Here it is! http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=150965&highlight=sareca

====

I have tried this twice... My hair does not detangle like everyone's says that theirs does... I can't figure out why... I have used EVOO, Coconut oil, with heat , without heat... I don't understand it... I still have some other oils to try... I know one of them will work for me eventually... When I find one that does... I will surely post about it...

madamone

====

I have tried this twice... My hair does not detangle like everyone's says that theirs does... I can't figure out why... I have used EVOO, Coconut oil, with heat , without heat... I don't understand it... I still have some other oils to try... I know one of them will work for me eventually... When I find one that does... I will surely post about it...

Shoot Lady! I was hoping this would do it for you. I sure hope you find one that works. I switched to EVOO from Coconut. I also had to use a bit more than 2 handfuls and just stand under the hot water. I have it down pat now so it works and I don't end up with greasy hair.

I hope you find one that works out...because when you do I know I am going to want to try it! :grin:

ETA: By the way, I LOVE your hair. Been drooling over it for quite a while now!

LadyZ

Shoot Lady! I was hoping this would do it for you. I sure hope you find one that works. I switched to EVOO from Coconut. I also had to use a bit more than 2 handfuls and just stand under the hot water. I have it down pat now so it works and I don't end up with greasy hair.

I hope you find one that works out...because when you do I know I am going to want to try it! :grin:

ETA: By the way, I LOVE your hair. Been drooling over it for quite a while now!

========

Thank you...

Funny thing is my hair loves coconut oil mixed in shampoo and my conditioners... So I load it up with, them and my hair gets really silky after I rinse it out... I won't give up... I will post when that great day happens....