Ladies! Which one works best for you cheap, regular, or expensive clarifying shampoo?

Blue_Berry

I see some ladies like cheap clarifying shampoo like Suave. I tried a more pricey clarifying shampoo that didn't strip my hair of any natural alls, but it got away all my build-up. Does cheap shampoos strip your hair of natural oils? I am scared of over drying my hair out. Anyways, the real question here is which clarifying shampoo works for your hair? Is it an expensive one, a regular price will do the job, or a very cheap one? Why does it work? (I wonder what is special about the cheap poos. I am scared to go near any shampoo with harsh detergents. :nono:)

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Re: Ladies! Which one works best for you cheap, regular, or expensive clarifying sham

I use Suave but I also wash with moisturizing poo afterwards too. So its fine for me.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Re: Ladies! Which one works best for you cheap, regular, or expensive clarifying sham

Cheap works fine for me. I don't notice any difference in any of them so no point going pricey. That Suave one is good.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy

Cheap works pretty good for me. I love ORS creamy aloe. Its clarifying and chelating and it doesn't strip my hair.

*Muffin*

Cheap. I just use lemon juice and/or baking soda.

BlackMasterPiece

Cheap works awesome for me! I use Trader Joe's Organic Sulfate Free NourishSpa Shampoo and its a grand total of $2.50 cheapest shampoo I've ever used, clarifying non-stripping and works wonders, especially when coupled with the conditioner:grin:

Last edited:

CaliDiamond

Cheap!! VO5 Kiwi Lime is on point for me.

MizzCoco

I had a cheap one(Suave and ORS) and it worked just fine, but I had to get fancy and try an expensive one too (Joico) and I like it just the same, it doesn't really matter, both get the job done.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

The only clarifying shampoo I like is Ion (Sallys brand) and it is $6 as opposed to the $0.99 suave/vo5 so I guess it is expensive relative to what's out there.

I've tried suave/vo5/aloe rid/paul mitchell tea tree and they leave my hair feeling stripped.

Kerryann

VO5 kiwi i never tried anything else but i know after i rinse that sucker out my hair feels squeeky clean

Blue_Berry

Cheap works awesome for me! I use Trader Joe's Organic Sulfate Free NourishSpa Shampoo and its a grand total of $2.50 cheapest shampoo I've ever used, clarifying non-stripping and works wonders, especially when coupled with the conditioner:grin:

MasterPiece, where can you get the Trader Joe Shampoo at?

Desarae

I've used:

Suave
V05
Mizani Puriphying
Keracare 1st Lather
ORS Creamy Aloe
Nexxus Aloe Rid

They all work the same to me. Stripped squeaky clean hair. I like the Creamy Aloe the best.

BrownEyez22

I've only used Suave or baking soda.

chosen1

I use tresemme to clarify. It works well. You get a lot of shampoo for your dollar. It's a huge bottle.

Esq.2B

I use "cheap" shampoo to clarify. Suave Daily Clarifying to be exact. It gets the job done. I guess you can say it strips the hair but I like it for that reason. I can tell my hair is really clean. I always follow it up with a moisturizing shampoo (CON green) though before I do anything else.

Last edited:

Truth

I'm a cheapie through and through...Suave it is....

outspokenwallflower

Ive never tried a cheap one only because I was looking for a clarifying poo that wouldn't strip my color. My favorite (and only one I own) is Redken Cleansing Cream; it's safe for color treated hair.

chellero

Wife Supremacist

Cheap - Suave for $.99. I follow it with a dc. I don't understand why you follow a stripping shampoo with a different shampoo? Why not just move on to conditioning?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

In the Natural Lines: I've tried Avalon Organics Lemon, Shea Butter & Babbasu Oil. It's Good. In fact, I have both the Clarifying Shampoo and the Clarifying Conditioner. Both really 'clean' your Hair well.:yep:

I also have Aubrey Organics Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo. And Abba Molasses Clarifying 'Poo. I have Nexxus Aloe Rid too.

And one by Elucence and AG Fast Food (that I haven't used yet).

All Have been 'Successful' Thoroughly Cleaning the Hair and Removing Product Build-Up.

I don't really think it makes a difference (cheap, moderate and/or expensive) I think the "KEY" for Me, has been to Put Moisture Right Back into My Hair After Clarifying.:yep: That's the Most Important thing.

MummysGirl

Cheap :yep: The 1st clarifying shampoo I bought was Tresseme 'Deep Cleansing', I loved how clean, soft and fluffy my hair felt after using it... when the bottle finished (over a year later!), I tried Nexxus 'Aloe Rid' (which'll be forever cos I don't clarify often), to me it feels like a regular shampoo so I know once it's finished, it's back to my Tresemme 'Deep Cleansing' :yep:

Beaute Noire

It doesn't matter for me, my hair likes both as long as I DC with something good afterwards...good meaning thick and creamy.

YankeeCandle

I have used Suave, V05, and a Neutrogena one that is a bit pricier (like 8 or 9 dollars considering it is a small pump and not a large bottle).

But my question about the ORS is: how can a creamy-sounding, olive oil and aloe shampoo be clarifying? It sounds moisturizing (depositing) to me.

Blue_Berry

I have used Suave, V05, and a Neutrogena one that is a bit pricier (like 8 or 9 dollars considering it is a small pump and not a large bottle).

But my question about the ORS is: how can a creamy-sounding, olive oil and aloe shampoo be clarifying? It sounds moisturizing (depositing) to me.

YankeeCandle, I know your reasoning why you think that this shampoo is moisturizing. When I brought the Ors relaxer it came with this shampoo. It is mostly a neutralizing shampoo that cleanses and get rid of perm residue. People most find it clarifying, because it get rid of product residue. It is creamy, but it leaves hair very clean.:yep:

JJamiah

The only clarifying shampoo I like is Ion (Sallys brand) and it is $6 as opposed to the $0.99 suave/vo5 so I guess it is expensive relative to what's out there.

I've tried suave/vo5/aloe rid/paul mitchell tea tree and they leave my hair feeling stripped.

I use ION as well!

Prinncipality

I use elasta qp stimulating shampoo to clarify mainly because I like the tingling sensation but I also use suave kiwi lime and it works just as well.

theprototype

Cheap :yep: The 1st clarifying shampoo I bought was Tresseme 'Deep Cleansing', I loved how clean, soft and fluffy my hair felt after using it... when the bottle finished (over a year later!), I tried Nexxus 'Aloe Rid' (which'll be forever cos I don't clarify often), to me it feels like a regular shampoo so I know once it's finished, it's back to my Tresemme 'Deep Cleansing' :yep:

I bought this yesterday, and am excited to try it! I have never clarified my hair, so I am hoping it'll make a big difference.