Gentle clarifying shampoo

gissellr78

Can you ladies recommend a gentle or natural clarifying shampoo....I use regular shampoos with sulfates but the clarifying shampoos with sulfate are very harsh....

alanaj

I like Joico K-pak Chelating Shampoo. It's pH balanced and doesnt feel like it's stripping the hair while cleaning it.

Tamrin

unapologetic
Can you ladies recommend a gentle or natural clarifying shampoo....I use regular shampoos with sulfates but the clarifying shampoos with sulfate are very harsh....

Baking soda. Dilute 5 table spoons in 1 gallon of water. Pour it on your head while in the shower (tilt head back to avoid eyes). Let sit on hair for about 3 minutes as you massage your scalp. Rinse and watch the gunk come out. DC with moisturizing conditioner after.

I just did it 2 hours ago mind you I washed my hair 3 days ago. The water was brownish when I rinsed. I swear by it.

PGirl

VO5 Kiwi and Lime

Oh yes! I just discovered this over the weekend and I'm sorry I slept on it. I have been so discouraged by cheapie condishs in the past, but you should try this one. It's very moisturizing. Much better than a clarifying shampoo in my opinion.

gissellr78

Baking soda. Dilute 5 table spoons in 1 gallon of water. Pour it on your head while in the shower (tilt head back to avoid eyes). Let sit on hair for about 3 minutes as you massage your scalp. Rinse and watch the gunk come out. DC with moisturizing conditioner after.

I just did it 2 hours ago mind you I washed my hair 3 days ago. The water was brownish when I rinsed. I swear by it.

Ooooooohh FREE:grin:...unless i find a cheap gentle one i am doing this...

Tamrin

unapologetic
Ooooooohh FREE:grin:...unless i find a cheap gentle one i am doing this...

The person who inspired me to use this is Loveya. Her hair is amazing. She is hip length. At one point she stopped using Shampoo period. Here is her fotki she is relaxed too.

www.fotki.com/redhotlala.

Geminigirl

I hate Suave Clarifying poo after i discovered Paul Mitchell Clarifying and it is very gentle. It cleaned me and my DD hair without leaving it feeling stripped like the Suave. My sis got it for 8.50 at trade secerts which isn't that bad to me.

Allandra

I've been using Eucalyptus Mint Shampoo (from SheScentIt.Com), and I really like it. It leaves my hair feeling nice, and it doesn't contain sulfates.

jreagins

ELUCENCE VOLUME CLARIFYING SHAMPOO. I USED THIS LAST NIGHT AND I LOVED IT, IT DIDNT STRIP OR TANGLE MY HAIR. AND THE SMELL IS TO DIE FOR ITS VERY CLEAN

ChasingBliss

Wow, thanks for sharing. I must try this at least once.

AVE One

This sounds good. Is it true that it is best to follow up the baking soda treatment with a ACV rinse? I read somewhere that the baking soda is on the alkaline side and the ACV rinse will help balance the hair out again.

Transformer

This sounds good. Is it true that it is best to follow up the baking soda treatment with a ACV rinse? I read somewhere that the baking soda is on the alkaline side and the ACV rinse will help balance the hair out again.

Well, that explains my "rough" experience with baking soda shampoo!