Ladies using braids to stretch between relaxers

4 weeks post

thanks SouthernStunner for your reply. My hairline has yet to show any signs of newgrowth and I worry that the braids won't have anything to anchor themselves to(my hairline is somewhat fragile already). I am really trying to hang in there for 3 months post, by this time I am hoping that I have alot of newgrowth for the braids to anchor on, however each day I am finding it hard to resist 'playing in my hair/manipulating it a tad bit too much.'

I wait anywhere from 3-5 weeks post before I braid depending on my schedule and what I'm doing.

I actually wait until I need a new relaxer to get my braids/twists instead of counting weeks. It helps a whole lot with stretching. Until then, I enjoy the relaxer and wear my hair out in low maintenance styles. Only when I just can't stand how the roots look do I put in braids/twists.

Hope that helps!

cj

You know I really never measured it. For me since my hair was shor (my last relaxer was in Sept) and I couldnt bun or do anyother protective style and I was not trying to use the curling iron. As soon as I got the ok I got it braided. About .5 inch. I really didnt want to be bothered with it.

HTH

You know I really never measured it. For me since my hair was shor (my last relaxer was in Sept) and I couldnt bun or do anyother protective style and I was not trying to use the curling iron. As soon as I got the ok I got it braided. About .5 inch. I really didnt want to be bothered with it.

HTH

You and I are ><. My hair grows at a snails pace and once I see my neighbor I am going to ask her when she can braid my hair for me.

HTH

That's what I've been hoping to do too! I hope I can get my hair braided but folks that braid are expensive up here. I may try kinky twists since they look better with age....(light bulb) I'm gonna go buy some kinky hair now.

Back