Ladies please help me straighten my hair

Bellamystic

I am relaxed, but when I do relax I leave it on for 15 minutes max and rinse it out. It seems to get sraight but not bone straight and that is my goal. I don't want to overprocess. Now, the problem is that I see other ladies with hair that's not even straight and they can straighten pretty well with the flat iron. When I flat iron my hair, everything else gets straight except the ends. They are frizzy! I tried lots of moisture, serums, you name it. I know my ends are not split because I take a microscopic mirror and observed them. They are just as healthy and thick as the rest of my strands. My ends don't shed either. I tried the blowdrying method, but I only blowdry with cold air and my hair ends up in a big afro no matter if I comb straight through it while blowdrying. One thing I haven't tried was rollersetting. I will try that next week. Braidouts seem to work for me since my hair is so stubborn to get straight like in pic 2 of my signature its braided out. Can I still retain length with braidouts? If so, I will not need to straighten that much anyways. Are there any ladies that can help me straighten my hair really silky without using the flat iron that often. Ideally a non heat method? Please help me, anyone that knows the tricks of the trade for that silky look.

Last edited:
My 2 cents, when I was relaxed-my hair was straightest when I wrapped it and sat under the hood dryer.

hth.

I would definetly try the rollerset and wrap afterwards. This always leaves my hair straight and the ends stay neat and sleek looking. I don't flat iron my ends.

I would definetly try the rollerset and wrap afterwards. This always leaves my hair straight and the ends stay neat and sleek looking. I don't flat iron my ends.

ITA. When I was relaxed that's how I did my hair for years. I only used a flat iron for the roots when the NG got bad. I never flat-ironed the ends. For me, the key was to make sure the ends were really wet and lying flat against the roller. HTH

OP do you have any better close up shots of your hair?

No I don't I take all pics with my phone and then it's all braided up again. I usually don't pay attention to anything else but length when using the camera. But next time I will try to use a zoom, but it still looks blurry. I think I may need to invest in a high quality camera.

Back