Ladies I need your help

Colleen

Ladies I would like your suggestions please. I want my hair flat twisted this summer and I would like your help to choose a good hair gel. I am going hair shopping on Tuesday so your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

canuck

a good gel... i hear good stuff about SSLD - salon selectives loosely defined. I think its going to be withdrawn from the market, but if you come across it, thats fine

I also have read that ORS gel is also good.

Auroa (sp) gel is also good.

anyone else?

sweetcocoa

I'm gonna try to do my own tonight. I plan on using aloe vera gel or Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter(or both). Since I've never done them before I don't know how that will work....

Colleen

Sweetcocoa the aloe vera gel sounds like a good idea. Please let me know how your flat twist came out. Thanks for your suggestion.

Justice4alw

I've found that Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Gel is a wonderful gel for flat twists. It leaves the hair soft, moisturized, and sheeny.

If you prefer a lighter gel, Better Locks makes a gel called Lock and Hold that gives great hold and a nice sheen.

Hope this helps!

Colleen

Thank you Justice4alw. I have the IC gel at home so I might do a practice twist and see how it goes. BTW your hair is beautiful and I love the colour. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hairfanatic

Hi Colleen /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Gels that I like to use are Aubrey Organics, Back to Basics and good old fashion Aloe Vera Gel.

Colleen

Hairfanatic thank you. I am leaning towards aloe vera gel cause I tried some in my hair last night and it's still soft this morning. Thanks again /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

Canuck

I don't know if you've tried it but I have and the ORS gel is not good at all. It doesn't even remotely hold. It's more like a hair moisturiser than anything. I'd use it like a curl activator. It's the worst gel I've ever used. Not even a little hold. NOTHING /images/graemlins/angry2.gif

Colleen whatever you do stay away froom any Dark & Lovely gel.

Like I said in my PM to you the I Gel is good. It's a British one but very good, it come in orginal, tea tree and something else. I used the original because anything like tea tree or menthol on my hair dries it out.

Colleen

Thanks LD. Yes, I want to try the I Gel. The menthol and tea tree dry my hair too so I will go for the original.

LondonDiva

Canuck

The I gel is sold in most black hair shops. It's a product that a majority of them should carry. It is a british brand like I said and very good as it doesn't contain alcohol. I can't recommend 1 shop in particular but I know that the nubian jack hair shops in thronton heath, streatham, norbury and the pak store in finsbury park definitely have them, but you won't necessarily have to go that route. Just try your local black hair shop, I'd be surprised out of three shops that you never find. If you don't that's just plain illegal