How do I combat breakage when I wear pontails?

elliot

Help Ladies. I wear ponytails all the time and I am concerned that my hair is breaking. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You could try changing the position of the ponytail and using an ouchless elastic or something without snaps and clips. Hope this helps.

i completely agree, you really should change the position of the ponytail, also don't pull the ponytail too tight and use rubberbands covered with satin or a material, which will not pull on your hair.

I will try to pull it over to the side for a change. I wish I knew how to french braid my hair or do something else to it. I think I am going to try a braid out this weekend and see how it works out.

Elliot,

I agree with switching the position of the bun and making sure it's firm but not tight. That's real important for those of us who are prone to breakage from pony's.

I just bought some SILK scrunchies from Tenderheaded.com and I am in love. Wish I had known about these years ago. It's so soft to the touch. I wear loose buns with them and it makes all the difference in the world.

I also bought hair stix. Which are basically the "chop sticks" look. I twist my now layered hair into a bun and strategically place the hair stix and voila! New hair style and virtually no stress to my hair or ends.

I would post a pic with them in, but they are black and I'm guessing you wouldnt be able to see them too well.

Also, right before I cut, i would use the hair clampy thing, loosely. That made for a different look and evened out the stress on my hair so it wasnt concentrated in one spot and I wasn't pulling the hair back. Just twisted from the base(loosely) and up and then clamped on the whatchamacallit.

Good luck!

AZ
smile.gif

I never pull mine tight. I change the postion and also I do keep it back different ways each day....
silk scrunchie...
fancy hair clip...
semi french twist with a bear claw hair clip...
flattwists in the front, leaving the back free or in a loose ponytail or bun....
flatwtist back the sides only and clip them on place with a decorative hair pin...

Back