Ladies, Can I Do Wash And Go's? Your Thoughts, Please!

miss_a

Ladies, I have been "transitioning" for the past 3 years. I'm ready to let go of my weaves and wigs (and those last scraggly, relaxed ends!)...so ready.

I need help in putting together a Wash and Go routine. Any ideas, based upon my texture, the products that I should be reaching for or YouTube hair gurus I should be watching? Any ideas/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0926.PNG
    IMG_0926.PNG
    4.2 MB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0927.JPG
    IMG_0927.JPG
    427.1 KB · Views: 274

miss_a

I don't see why but a wng won't look it's best until you cut the heat damage off.

Eta: I see that's your relaxed ends your already planning to cut. A wng should be fine.

Thank you, @Bunnyhaslonghair, seeing the straight ends in comparison to my natural hair--is where I can really see the difference in my hair's health. And TY for editing your comment, I was like heat damage, oh no, where!?!?!?

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
Girl, you got this! Go for it.... come back, post pics, and let us know how it turns out. Naptural85 is amazing. There are lots of others I have been getting into over the past year too.

On another note, I applaud you and the other ladies who can effectively execute a terminal transition from relaxed to natural on long relaxed hair. Ya'll are the real MVP's cause honey...I didn't have the patience for all of that and I'm an EXTREMELY patient person. I think I was just anxious and ready to really start my natural hair journey back then.

miss_a

@Napp , thank you :) ! How did I miss the wash n go thread? Thank you for the invite!

@shortycocoa, you made me laugh! All my stylists would be looking at me like this :brucelee:, while I'm in the chair! This has been a journey--an absolute journey. And yes, now that it took me 13+ years to get over my fear of posting pics--I'll let our board know how things turn out.

@Guinan, thank you for putting MHM on my radar screen. Wait. I gotta do ALL those steps :) ?!?!?

VictoriousBrownFlower

@Napp , thank you :) ! How did I miss the wash n go thread? Thank you for the invite!

@shortycocoa, you made me laugh! All my stylists would be looking at me like this :brucelee:, while I'm in the chair! This has been a journey--an absolute journey. And yes, now that it took me 13+ years to get over my fear of posting pics--I'll let our board know how things turn out.
Please do continue to post hair pics. We deserve to see that beautiful hair more often.

discodumpling

Wait a minute...WE are LHCF and we sending her to Naptural85 to learn about a wng? We have an ongoing wash n go thread...WE are about that wash n go life and have many proven techniques products and secrets to to perfecting your wash n go in that thread. I would go there 1st. Napptural85's wash n go (and most of her other methods) are quite time consuming imho.

miss_a

Wait a minute...WE are LHCF and we sending her to Naptural85 to learn about a wng? We have an ongoing wash n go thread...WE are about that wash n go life and have many proven techniques products and secrets to to perfecting your wash n go in that thread. I would go there 1st. Napptural85's wash n go (and most of her other methods) are quite time consuming imho.
@discodumpling, I like how you think! Is this the most recent WNG thread? https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/wash-n-go-thread.539293/page-42

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer

@Guinan, thank you for putting MHM on my radar screen. Wait. I gotta do ALL those steps :) ?!?!?

Well I'm glad you are comfortable now! @ the bolded, that was one of the things that prevented me from trying it. I still want to try it, but that's just too many steps and I don't like anything that has a lot of steps. There were a few youtubers that had condensed the method to shorter steps, but it still seems pretty involved.

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer

I thought Naptural85 was a member here?