KINKY TWISTS...How do you do them??

Ginsana

Ladies..I am 10 weeks post texturizer and I am trying to hold out until May so that I can get a fresh do for my graduation. I want to get kinky twists, but I want to do it myself. Can any of you give me any suggestions as to the kind of hair I should use and how to actually do them so that they end up curly on the ends and look like Jill Scott's?...

Attachments

• 52140465.jpg
    52140465.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 37

AllAboutTheHair

you start them just like regular individuals...plait about 2-3 times and then separate the middle strand in two, add evenly to the other two and twist. To get the curls on the ends, use perm rods or rollers and dip them in hot water, let them set, and dry. Make sure you are very careful using the hot water.

thatscuteright

You can use a kind of hair called Marley braids. You can go to any Asian owned beauty supply store and ask what kind of hair the beautician use. Kinky twists are very popular, you should try to find a beuty supply store with a salon next to or near by.
The hair costs about $5-6 a pack. You will probably need about 3-4 packs depending on how full you want your head to be.
For the ends just use perm or jheri curl rods to roll the ends, and dip them in hot water to seal the curl.

SexyC

I wanted to do these on my hair too , but I was scared that the texture of thr kinky hair would damage my hair. Has enyone here had this problem? Because when I felt the hair it felt really hard and rough . Can this hair dry your hair out or cause breakage?

thatscuteright

SexyC said:
I wanted to do these on my hair too , but I was scared that the texture of thr kinky hair would damage my hair. Has enyone here had this problem? Because when I felt the hair it felt really hard and rough . Can this hair dry your hair out or cause breakage?

I currently have this style with that kind of hair, and its fine. Its just like having anyother kind of braids. I spray daily with a water+ oil concotion to prevent dryness. You can also use braid spray, leave in conditioner, or whatever works best for you.

divine

SexyC said:

My texture is nothing like the kiny hair. I took one out to see it it damaged my hair and to see if I was going to have a hard time with it. It was easy and my hair is fine. I just keep my hair oiled.

SexyC

Please let us know how long it took and about how many packs of hair you used. I think I might do mine this weakend. The one thing that did annoy me about using that hair was how the hair was attached to a thread or a weft thingy. I dont know if yours is like that,but, if its not let me know were you got yours from. I got so mad trying to pull the hair off that I just quit and took the twists out because I was scared that it would take to long.